PDA

View Full Version : Property websites

tomowen
24-01-2010, 23:32
I'm coming back to Moscow for the 2nd semester of my year abroad towards the end of February and staying until the end of June. In the first semester I was in a homestay with a hazyayka near Ulitsa Podbelskovo (northern terminus of the red line) but when I return I fancy something a bit more central with access to a kitchen (my hazyayka's cooking was shocking and I had no means of cooking for myself) and without a nagging old biddy intruding on my every move. My own flat is probably beyond my means but a room within walking distance of the garden ring/a station on the circle line would be absolutely fantastic. The top end of my budget is approximately 18000r per month (I don't mind paying up to 10000r comission, even if I am only there for 4 months) and so far I've found the komnati section of cian.ru quite informative, are there any other websites/agencies people would recommend? Thanks, all advice is much appreciated.

Vadim
25-01-2010, 00:00
There is a paper in Russia called the Iz Ruk V Ruki and there always has been a huge section for classified lettings. It was for sale in every kiosks before, and most likely is now. It had a website, but don't really remember its name. Try Yandex for search. You will be really impressed with a volume of ads, it's something similar to London's Loot.

whizkid
27-01-2010, 18:21
There is a paper in Russia called the Iz Ruk V Ruki and there always has been a huge section for classified lettings. It was for sale in every kiosks before, and most likely is now. It had a website, but don't really remember its name. Try Yandex for search. You will be really impressed with a volume of ads, it's something similar to London's Loot.

as a realtor myself I should tell that 'Iz ruk v ruki' is not a good thing to recommend! there are loads of fake advs.

anyway, the best website to look for lettings is CIAN. there is no other resource quite like CIAN so don't waste your time on Real Estate agencies' sites or Yandex or papers if you're looking for a room to rent.

good luck with searching!

and BTW, as long as you're searching for a short-term apt you can try and call those listings in Cian for a long-term rent. (because sometimes Landlords don't mind to lent out their long-term apts for a short term and get less money from that instead of nothing)

I hope it'll help

best,
Kate Alekseeva

Vadim
28-01-2010, 17:20
When in Rome... Many proper Russians try a no-agencies-option first. Why not to look for as much info as possible and make as many viewings as needed?

whizkid
28-01-2010, 17:37
When in Rome... Many proper Russians try a no-agencies-option first. Why not to look for as much info as possible and make as many viewings as needed?

I absolutely agree with you, Vadim, that first you should try and look around by yourself. BUT what I'm saying is that there is no point in wasting time looking trough all those fake advs in papers and different sites. of course, you should try and check every available resource BUT believe me that the majority of apts for rent is on CIAN and, what's more important, that they are real (there are exceptions, of course)!

but that's my opinion))
feel free to ask me

best,
Kate Alekseeva

MoscowExpatSupport

Vadim
28-01-2010, 18:15
I haven't been to CIAN website, but assume now it has a fantastic database and probably a great online search facility. What I'm trying to say is that Russians would rather prefer independent search to any sort of agency. Since the beginning of Perestroyka they live in a very aggressive environment when someone constantly tries to empty their pockets. They've got a habit now to carry on their own. If this approach is proved well, why newcomers should avoid it? Fake ads are pretty recognisable, one can get a skill to understand it fast. You also said CIAN website doesn't a hundred percent guarantee that all data in the database is checked, so it could not still make the big difference alone. I've checked out other relevant materials in here, and see much info related to survival in Russia. Admin team could create some sets of guidances for newcomers which to include links, emails, feedbacks and references to all variety of paid and free sources of info? Questions asked are quite repetitive...