PDA

View Full Version : UK crim record - is this enough?

rugbymad
23-01-2010, 15:13
I've just got my UK subject access letter back from the cops in UK. My local force is Avon&Somerset, and I asked for my records on the national computer. They've written a pretty short letter waffling on a lot about the Data Protection Act, but the actual bit about me just says "we don't have any information about you on the national computer."
When that's translated, is it going to be enough for the chinovniks in UFMS?

Vadim
23-01-2010, 15:19
Should be, as it's the maximum what you can obtain from them.

Judge
23-01-2010, 15:20
It's ok, you also need to get it legalised...check this thread out..

http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-permanent-residency/160998-british-only-trp-subject-access-legalisation.html

Salix
25-01-2010, 12:49
Hi all,

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.
I'm going to apply for TRP in a couple of months and I do have a criminal record from 23 years ago. The offence was minor and I just got a fine. Would this hinder my chances of getting a TRP? Is there a zero tolerance policy on the Russian side?

Thanks in advance

Scottish01
25-01-2010, 13:46
not sure about the zero tolerance side, but if the offence is as minor as you said, then the chances are that it has been deleted from the Police National computer.

I would just request the information, it just costs 10 pounds, that way you will know one way or the other.

mandelstam13
25-01-2010, 13:57
I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.
I'm going to apply for TRP in a couple of months and I do have a criminal record from 23 years ago. The offence was minor and I just got a fine. Would this hinder my chances of getting a TRP? Is there a zero tolerance policy on the Russian side?

I had 19 year old shoplifting (CD from Virgin Megastore) and 20-year-old tube fare dodging offences on my record (they don't delete them.) No one said anything at the UFMS. It has to be a serious crime for them to pay attention.

Matroshkin
25-01-2010, 14:07
rugbymad, you should be fine, that is all i got from my local poice, as long as you get the document apostilled (which costs about 60quid, bit steep but unavoidable) then you'll have no probs. I used a company in Coventry who were really quick and efficient their e-mail is info@apostille.org.uk, if you need your doc's certified for Russia they were great for me.

tgma
26-01-2010, 10:47
The Subject Access Request is fine as far as the FMS is concerned. CHECK THE TRANSLATION. I can send you a translation that seemed to work - there's a tricky bit at the bottom which says something like "this is not a certificate of good character" and two translators tried to translate this into "this is not a certificate of the absence of a criminal record", and as you can imagine the FMS weren't happy with the latter.

Also, on the apostille, I don't think you need to use an agency - you can just send it direct to the FCO, and it costs about 25 quid. I went to their office in Milton Keynes twice(they're not open on a Monday!), and that's what I paid. But it seems you can do it by post.