PDA

View Full Version : Yota alert !!!

drwho
22-01-2010, 09:44
To any expat don't get YOTA the system keeps disconnecting/falling and the IT guys say they will come on a day and time and simply don't arrive.

The service and the system is ***t ...... Just some advice.

:10475:

FatAndy
22-01-2010, 11:18
Life is shit at all, dude... :rant:

Relax and have a cigar with brandy, coffee and chocolate. :rasta:

mistygris
22-01-2010, 20:44
To any expat don't get YOTA the system keeps disconnecting/falling and the IT guys say they will come on a day and time and simply don't arrive.

The service and the system is ***t ...... Just some advice.

:10475:

In my dormitory on my part of the hallway, it didn't worked or to have it work i had to put my pc out of the window.....

I wouldn't indeed recommend yota! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

whizkid
22-01-2010, 21:31
I don't know where you, folks, live but I have to say that I quite like my laptop with yota! it's been nearly 6 months since I've bought it..
I live on Shukinskaya (north-west of Moscow) and the signal is stable here, I use it in downtown as well, a lot (in different places) and it even works when I'm on the 14th floor of the building in Gagarinskiy lane (which is close to Kropotkinskaya).
so if you ask me I tell you that it works for me and I'm happy to pay 1000 RUR per month for being able to be online whenever and wherever I want in Moscow (AND it works for me when I travel to Saint-Petersburg)!! BTW yes I can watch movies online and download big files))
but that's only my opinion and experience.
I know that it's been just a few month (or nearly a year) since they've launched yota in Moscow and it doesn't work properly for everyone but come on, give it a try)))

drwho
23-01-2010, 11:46
In my dormitory on my part of the hallway, it didn't worked or to have it work i had to put my pc out of the window.....

I wouldn't indeed recommend yota! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

They are not professional and are simply not ready to sell their product. Give it 12 months then maybe try Yota but for now leave it and get Stream or Beeline instead.

:idea:

FatAndy
23-01-2010, 15:45
Misty, try to buy long but good quality (thick) USB cable (U-es-bi udlinitel') with cylindric ferrite cores on both ends, drop it along walls to window and organise a hook or a loop on the window to attach USB Yota modem there. Other end of cable insert to the laptop.
Should work and be more convenient.

Advantage: Cheap solution
Disadvantage: Need to insert/pull out USB modem upon every walk when it's needed to take with you.

Another way is to buy WiMAX/WiFi router such as Yota Egg or similar products from Asus, D-Link or Zyxel and use them installed (semi)stationary instead.

Advantage: you can organize small WiFi network inside dorm and share WiMAX channel to outer world, it's speed and expenses with mates.
Disadvantage: costs greater money.

Scartel is not able to install their base stations on every corner yet, and electromagnetic waves are always shielded by metal-beton walls of buildings. So crying about "Yota - suxxx!!!" is not constructive way.
Hope it will help. ;)

mistygris
23-01-2010, 17:02
Thanks for the suggestions :)

but my internet problem has been solved luckely now that our floor is provided with internet, i still don't know how but we have very cheap iternet, almost for free...:cheerleader:

FatAndy
23-01-2010, 17:23
You know, to have Yota as backup/reserve channel (on Yota Day tariff, for example) - it would be smart enough. ;)

Check Internet speed in dorm when all are inside the network and you'll very probably see turtle level speed.

OK, let's see how the process will go with angry guy in ushanka... :)

roem
23-01-2010, 20:09
!

andyUK
23-01-2010, 21:35
i use yota and love it. works like a charm.

drwho
24-01-2010, 00:20
i use yota and love it. works like a charm.

You must have been given a good box, have a good connection and had a good IT guy from Yota to install it. Hmm.....Did he arrive on the day and time you agreed????????

Its no good for streaming and the links falls every few hours a total waste of time and money. I would replace but I've been told by Russians that they are all fairly bad and that all IT guys from these internet companies arrive late or not at all. Perhaps the cutomer service culture has yet to arrive in Russia?

Not impressed but we can we really choose any better? I wonder if others can recommend a good and professional provider? :verymad:

Bels
24-01-2010, 00:39
You must have been given a good box, have a good connection and had a good IT guy from Yota to install it. Hmm.....Did he arrive on the day and time you agreed????????

Its no good for streaming and the links falls every few hours a total waste of time and money. I would replace but I've been told by Russians that they are all fairly bad and that all IT guys from these internet companies arrive late or not at all. Perhaps the cutomer service culture has yet to arrive in Russia?

Not impressed but we can we really choose any better? I wonder if others can recommend a good and professional provider? :verymad:

Never tried, and stuck to stream. But as always Dr Who remains a sceptic

drwho
24-01-2010, 13:03
Never tried, and stuck to stream. But as always Dr Who remains a sceptic

Just lived, been there and done it and went back for my money. Russia is a challenge but hey, I like a challenge!

Hawk
24-01-2010, 17:46
I use yota wimax the dongle usb into my desktop note book and recently they upgraded their wimax to leopard OS Mac and it work great ...

very easy to use install - loads connects automatically.. speeds comparable to most LAN networks...

I think they may lack customer interface and service, but there product is good and is the next generation