PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini Yoga Taught in English

KatMalen
18-01-2010, 15:17
Hi,

Would anybody be interested in Kundalini Yoga classes taught in English at the Yoga Federation Club? An instructor that has spent an extensive period of time in England and the States has offered to teach the classes at a central location here in Moscow.

Please let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks,
Kat

MissAnnElk
18-01-2010, 17:29
If it is during the school day (say between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.), I would be interested.

Monte
18-01-2010, 18:35
I am interested in evening from 8 pm & weekend classes, my friend & myself, but of course depends on the price per lesson

PLS PM

Thank you!

nbogaard
19-01-2010, 08:32
I know absolutely nothing about the different types of yoga but I am interested in trying it and I'd be willing to commit to a number of classes to findo out if it is something I would find rewarding. I believe that the yoga federation is near my apartment.

KatMalen
19-01-2010, 11:47
Great!
I will discuss the previous requests with Arthur, the instructor. And get back with you on times, cost and location. The Yoga Federation has several locations around Moscow so he will try to find one thats central. I will PM and post details as soon as I found out.
I have attached a short description of what Kundalini is below.

"What is Kundalini Yoga?
Kundalini yoga is an ancient form of yoga that has only been practiced in the west relatively recently. In 1969, Yogi Bhajan founded 3HO (the Healthy, Happy, Holy Organization) to introduce Kundalini to a broader population. Although Kundalini had not previously been taught to the public, Yogi Bhajan felt that everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy its benefits.

What is Does Kundalini Mean?

The Kundalini is untapped energy (prana) at the base of the spine that can be drawn up through the body awakening each of the seven chakras. Full enlightenment occurs when this energy reaches the Crown Chakra. Kundalini energy is often represented as a snake coiled at the base of the spine.

Focus on Breath and Movement

Each Kundalini Yoga asana series is done in conjunction with a specific breath that intensifies the effects of the poses with the purpose of freeing energy in the lower body and allowing it to move upwards. Kundalini sequences (called kriyas) may consist of rapid, repetitive movements done with breath or holding a pose while breathing in a particular way.

What to Expect in a Kundalini Class

A Kundalini class will usually consist of a warm-up to stretch the spine and improve flexibility, a sequence of poses (a kriya) that focus on a specific area of the body, and meditation, including the use of chanted mantras, pranayama, and mudras. Kundalini devotees often wear flowing white robes and head wraps.

Is Kundalini for You?

Kundalini is one of the more spiritual types of yoga. It goes beyond the physical performance of poses with its emphasis on breathing, meditation, and chanting. However, the Kundalini sequences are very physically intense. This type of yoga appeals to those who are up for both mental and physical challenges. "

In the classes you will not need to wear flowing white robes or a head piece. People come in regular workout clothes, t - shirt and workout pants. Of any color.

Maradona
15-02-2010, 18:55
great

KatMalen
07-03-2010, 12:12
If anybody is interested in the Kundalini yoga classes, please PM and I will give you the instructor's contacts.
Thanks.