PDA

View Full Version : 90/180 day max - long enough for trp?

MRPOTATOHEAD
17-01-2010, 01:42
Hello ,

I have a question I can't seem to find on this board or anywhere else online for that matter.

It seems (please correct me if I'm wrong) that I must leave Russia after 90 days and stay away for at least 90 additional days (the "max stay of 90 out of 180 days" rule) before I can return. So how does a native American such as myself obtain a Temporary Residency Permit in Moscow if the application process takes nearly 6 months to become finalized like I've been reading everywhere it seems to take?

I was there last year for three weeks on a Tourism Visa. Now I plan to move to Moscow (and immediately marry a Moscow native) and stay for two or three years while I teach there. Will I be forced to leave while the TRP is being processed? Can anyone tell me how to do this with one trip over there?

What type of visa, and what type of Res permit should I get?

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have... I seem to be going in circles without any new helpful information. :floating:

Thank you,

Robert

ilya25
17-01-2010, 03:37
Hello ,

I have a question I can't seem to find on this board or anywhere else online for that matter.

It seems (please correct me if I'm wrong) that I must leave Russia after 90 days and stay away for at least 90 additional days (the "max stay of 90 out of 180 days" rule) before I can return. So how does a native American such as myself obtain a Temporary Residency Permit in Moscow if the application process takes nearly 6 months to become finalized like I've been reading everywhere it seems to take?

I was there last year for three weeks on a Tourism Visa. Now I plan to move to Moscow (and immediately marry a Moscow native) and stay for two or three years while I teach there. Will I be forced to leave while the TRP is being processed? Can anyone tell me how to do this with one trip over there?

What type of visa, and what type of Res permit should I get?

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have... I seem to be going in circles without any new helpful information. :floating:

Thank you,

Robert

have you tried to get in touch with russian embassy and ask them those questions?

your length of stay in russia will be detrmined by your visa. for ex working visa allows to stay for 1 y and may be extended

also it was mentioned in the post tht ponentially you may file your residency permit application with russian embassy but deffinetely merry a russian woman first to have more grounds to reside here

MRPOTATOHEAD
17-01-2010, 03:46
I have indeed tried talking to the embassy, and so has she. They don't seem to know what to do either. I would need help with obtaining a work visa as I will be "self employed" which aparantly isn't even recognized without a spravka in Moscow. Does that appear my only option?

There has to be somebody out there who has come across this problem... I'm hoping it's easier than it appears.

Rhubard Geoff
17-01-2010, 09:57
Try get a 3 month commercial visa and then just run them back to back. The 90/180 does not apply then. That should then give you time to get TRP.

Remington
17-01-2010, 10:52
Try get a 3 month commercial visa and then just run them back to back. The 90/180 does not apply then. That should then give you time to get TRP.

90/180 does not apply if TRP application have been accepted but must leave Russia and renew visa when it expires.

Bogatyr
17-01-2010, 12:25
90/180 does not apply if TRP application have been accepted but must leave Russia and renew visa when it expires.

Can you point to a law on this point? There seems to be some controversy about this. The single common point I've heard, time and time again with regards to TRP, is *do not violate your visa*. If the visa says you need to be out of the country for 90 of every 180 days, and you do not follow that, you're opening yourself to big trouble.

Remington
17-01-2010, 12:33
Can you point to a law on this point? There seems to be some controversy about this. The single common point I've heard, time and time again with regards to TRP, is *do not violate your visa*. If the visa says you need to be out of the country for 90 of every 180 days, and you do not follow that, you're opening yourself to big trouble.

Overstaying the expired visa is no-no but 90/180 rule does not apply if the TRP application was accepted. My friend said FMS told him when his TRP application was accepted.

snowbars
18-01-2010, 00:59
Send me a PM with all your questions. I will be able to answer all your questions.....

tgma
18-01-2010, 15:59
I've never heard anything about TRP acceptance cancelling the 90/180 day limit. I have only heard of people having to get back to back 90 day personal invitation visas (not business or working), which means they had to leave the country. Of course, if you had a work permit and a work visa the situation would be easier (this is my situation at the moment) but for that you have to find an employer who can jump through all the hoops.