PDA

View Full Version : PR and property

mandelstam13
11-01-2010, 17:00
Is it true that in order to get permanent residency you need to own your own place?

This is from the list of requirements. But how do they interpret this? Is a long-term rent contract acceptable?

6. Документ, подтверждающий наличие жилого помещения на основаниях, предусмотренных законодательством Российской Федерации.

Bogatyr
12-01-2010, 18:45
Is it true that in order to get permanent residency you need to own your own place?

This is from the list of requirements. But how do they interpret this? Is a long-term rent contract acceptable?

6. Документ, подтверждающий наличие жилого помещения на основаниях, предусмотренных законодательством Российской Федерации.

I think that means "you have a place where you're allowed to live" for the duration of the PRP. It may be hard to get a landlord to sign something that says he guarantees you a place to live for 5 years, so owning makes it easier but is not required. Most people probably use a relative's place if they don't own their own.

mandelstam13
12-01-2010, 20:09
That's how I hope they interpret it.

tgma
13-01-2010, 11:24
You definitely don't need to own property. But you will need to show that you have somewhere to live, and that the owner is prepared to register you there. And, I think, that the owner is fully up to date with their communal service payments.

mandelstam13
13-01-2010, 11:56
That's for TRP. But is it the same for PR?

Visalink
01-02-2010, 17:17
Hi,
the lease agreement is also suitable.

Visalink
visalink-russia.com

journeyman
05-02-2010, 09:41
Technically, it is true both for TR and PR that you do not need to own property.

That said, it is practically impossible to get the needed permission from your land lord to get TR or PR in his/her apartment. To live there, yes, to get residency there, not likely.

A rental agreement is not enough for either TR or PR.

Good luck!

mandelstam13
05-02-2010, 18:01
Well, I know from experience that's not true for sure about TRP. And looks like it's not true for PR either.

Good luck! to you too.