PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy UGG cleaner/protector

smchilds
08-01-2010, 20:59
Hello!
Does anyone know where to buy cleaner and protector (like waterproof, dirt-proof) for sheep skin boots (like UGGs)? Or could recommend a good brand that works and won't ruin them?
Thanks!

flowers
09-01-2010, 04:10
hmm. I had no idea one had to apply special stuff to UGGs.... With the pair I owe, I just go with ordinary waterproof sprays for suede shoes. It seems to work.

Unfortunately, nothing can really absolutely protect nice shoes against Moscow dirt, water and salt in the winter.

If you find some protective stuff designed especially for UGGs, it would be nice to hear what it is. Do share. Cheers.

sweetfart
09-01-2010, 07:05
I don't know where in Moscow to buy them, but you should check out their website.

I have Uggs and I bought the complete care kit, and honestly, it's sorta a gimmick. I don't think it really makes a difference, other than maybe the shampoo but if the stain is small enough you can just wipe it with water. It even says it might not get rid of big stains. THe brush is stupid and it ruined the fur IMO. And the freshener is a buncha crap. They say you should spray it in the boot each time you take it off but it didn't do much for freshness. I would just buy any generic suede brush and some suede cleaner (try to research it to see if its safe for sheepskin - should be). But otherwise, the kit was a waste of $20 for me. I'd imagine it would only be more expensive if you're buying it in Moscow.

Sorry, I had to rant.

smchilds
09-01-2010, 07:10
Yeah, I haven't tried the UGG kit but I suppose there is nothing special about it. I bought regular water-proof spray for leather and sprayed them twice, but they still got a little bit of damage when I went out in snow. Now I've got a stain on them that I can't get out with water, so I was just asking for any tips. I know people use things like woolite on them, but I don't know where to get that in Moscow. Of course I should probably just reconcile myself to the fact that a week in Moscow can kill any pair of shoes.

sweetfart
09-01-2010, 07:14
There has to be some kind of suede cleaner you can find. Have you looked in the shoe stores? I'd ask them.

Swordfish90293
09-01-2010, 15:41
I used the spray that came with the boots I purchased in L.A....and it works well if used properly. Spray well, let dry a full 24 hours before brushing well and spraying again. Let dry another 24 hours and you're on...but not until then.

Since November my boots are still in very good shape. Or maybe it's due to the catlike way I carry myself across the snow and sludge...

"Chance favors those in motion."
- James H. Austin

kazachka
09-01-2010, 20:14
Ecco has a spray I use-works well! 350rub a can.

Selina0
29-08-2011, 11:54
If you are new to forums and/o

SELT
29-08-2011, 13:09
Try Collonil and Saphir stuff. Both are a bit pricey, but worth the money. In case you have black UGGs use any brand black colour spray for suede and it will work just fine.