PDA

View Full Version : Where do you eat?

flamey
30-12-2009, 00:41
What are the nice places to eat in SPb center you won't go broke in ?

TD
30-12-2009, 01:33
Haven't been myself, but hear this place is good (assuming you like vegetarian) --> VegDining.com -- Botanika, St. Petersburg, , Russia (http://www.vegdining.com/GetRest.cfm?rk=RUS-STPE-BOTAN)

FatAndy
30-12-2009, 12:09
Кафе Лайма на канале Грибоедова - самое актуальное прямо сейчас - CityOut Санкт-Петербург (http://www.peterout.ru/eda/cafes/2092)

Bogatyr
30-12-2009, 13:12
Кафе Лайма на канале Грибоедова - самое актуальное прямо сейчас - CityOut Санкт-Петербург (http://www.peterout.ru/eda/cafes/2092)

Just a bit further down the kanal from Laima is фрикадельками (I think it ends in "skii" so "Frikadelskii" also a nice place and not too expensive. It's cafeteria-style, you fill your tray with choices from several stations and then take it to your table. Traditional Russian fare, fairly large range of choices for main courses and deserts, nice atmostphere.

The blini kosks are great, Teremok and Ryubliy. The draft kvas (on tap) from the Teremok kiosks is our favorite. Kroshka Cartoshka and Chainaya Loshka are other favorites of ours, both have several spots throughout the city including the center (Vosstanaya metro for example).

For best cost, nothing beats a loaf of dark rye break, a hunk of Rossisky cheese, perhps a bit of Russky Garchitsa (mustard) and a bottle of fresh Kvas!

AndrewJD
04-01-2010, 07:39
there are many great cafe's to eat in the city that aren't too steep in price either. I suggest two mainly
1) A cafe on top of Nevsky Atrium near the Mayakovskaya Metro station. It is on the 5th floor and has a great view, good pizza, and affordable prices.
2) is a Cafe' near the Zenit store on sovorovsky prospekt. I think it is called Van's cafe or something. Great great food and the waiting staff are great to talk to.

Yogagirl
04-01-2010, 09:48
I like Kavkaz Bar at 18 Karavannaya St, (metro Gostiny dvor)

Aşık melek
04-01-2010, 19:41
Dears, do not eat in above -mentioned -The blini kosks are great, Teremok and Ryubliy. The draft kvas (on tap) from the Teremok kiosks is our favorite. Kroshka Cartoshka and Chainaya Loshka -
u can find yrself in hospital after having meal there...... low quality, with late expire dates products are being used there......

tvadim133
04-01-2010, 19:47
Dears, do not eat in above -mentioned -The blini kosks are great, Teremok and Ryubliy. The draft kvas (on tap) from the Teremok kiosks is our favorite. Kroshka Cartoshka and Chainaya Loshka -
u can find yrself in hospital after having meal there...... low quality, with late expire dates products are being used there......

Have you?

ndemeis
05-01-2010, 19:10
My personally favorite in terms of price and food is Zoom cafe on Gorochovaya. You usually have to wait but its good. Also Fasol a little ways up the street is pretty good. Mama Roma is ok in terms of price and food. Freakadelka is good and cheap as mentioned. There is a nice little restaurant on Canal Gribeodev, by Voznesenski thats good but I forget the name now. There are two good georgian places as well. One on Fontanka and one right by the McDonalds on Boshaya Marskaya. (the second one doesn't look good but I've eaten there often and its always pretty good food). Again just walk to city and you can find lots of places.

anahet
01-02-2010, 14:11
There's always the pie chain "Stolle" for you. Nevsky Atrium "Pizza Bazilik" and Kavkaz bar are great. For dining out You can try 1913 - it has affordable prices. A number of places downtown have business lunch offers.
Though I wouldn't recommend Chainaya Lozhka - You can get stomach problems after such a meal. Choose Teremok instead and You won't regret it.

kleft
06-02-2010, 20:13
cheap:
dve palochki (asian, chain but good)
frekadelki (mentioned)
carls jr (good burgers)
stolle (perog, mentioned)

not cheap (but not crazy expensive):
terrassa (fusion menu, very nice decor including balcony in summer)
shilla (good korean)

brummell
19-02-2010, 15:41
I advise you Russkaia Rybalka. Close to the Central Cultural Park, good food for less than 1000 by person, it was elected several times the best restaurant of St Pet

brummell
19-02-2010, 15:42
You can even fish by yourself in the lake close to the restaurant and they will cook for you, funny...

FatAndy
20-02-2010, 17:22
Yes, Russkaya Rybalka (if we mean at Krestovsky ostrov) is really super!

anahet
23-02-2010, 16:50
Russkaya Rybalka is Ok in summer, but very empty when there are no tourists. It's overpriced and the location is inconvenient. Last time I was there with my clients, the service was very slow.
Nice restaurants, centrally located:
1913, Sadko, Stroganoff Steakhouse, NEP

Carl
23-02-2010, 21:13
Russkaya Rybalka is Ok in summer, but very empty when there are no tourists. It's overpriced and the location is inconvenient. Last time I was there with my clients, the service was very slow.

Place sucks our Russian partners took us there for diner.Catching fish from a oil-slicked pond just didnt do much for ones appetites. Wont be going back.

bari
24-02-2010, 11:23
There are really great places to eat:
Carl's Junior - Is Good Specially the Chicken Burgers....
There is a Chinese Chain "Tan Zhen" - Outstanding Food with great Prices..
Sbarro - To have a Quick Bite
On Fontanka - There is a Restaurant "Kukhnya" - great French Food with Italian Touch
The Ginza Project - Restaurants are Very Good (Like Novikov's in Moscow")
For a Quick Russian Food there is a new chain Called "Emelya" - The Food is Good
What else - Well, Steak Places - Most of the Pubs serve Great Steak but "Strogonoff" is VERY EXPENSIVE
Good Luck

Place sucks… our Russian partners took us there for diner….Catching fish from a oil-slicked pond just didn’t do much for ones appetites. Won’t be going back.

Olasey
20-04-2010, 00:01
Kriek Brasserie
Санкт-Петербург, Малый проспект ПС, 48

very nice place with very nice beer:)

melissa
21-04-2010, 23:03
The Teremok chain is quite good.

cantunay
22-04-2010, 12:53
I advise Sinbad on Tverskoy Boulevard. It is a Lebanese restaurant. You can find the exact addresss on google.
Cheers.

anciullo
22-04-2010, 17:55
I can suggest gavroche, french restaurant cafe nevsky pr 166, nice ambiance friendly service good french food very reasonable price, recommend the lunch offer weekday
or caffe italia bakunina pr 5, very good pizzas and pasta and gelato really italian made, again very friendly staff and good price
let me know your impression if you try

ronl
04-05-2011, 19:10
I'm going to be in St Petes tomorrow to meet some friends who came there as tourists and I could use a couple of recommendations:

1. Some nice classical restaurant for good for tourists, similar to Pushkin Cafe in Moscow. I heard 1913 and Vodka Museum are good, any feedback?

2. Some nice georgian restaurant for good for tourists, similar to Genatsvale or Tiflis in Moscow.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ron

Hans.KK
10-06-2011, 15:00
Carl's Junior - Is Good Specially the Chicken Burgers....Great place, look at the posters at the shop and the videos at the counters, this kind of "advertisement" (Read: We are so much better than McDonald) would bring a lawsuit in the U.S., but we are in Russia

Carl
10-06-2011, 17:41
Great place, look at the posters at the shop and the videos at the counters, this kind of "advertisement" (Read: We are so much better than McDonald) would bring a lawsuit in the U.S., but we are in Russia

I think McD's would have a hard time in persuing a case..... Just not enough there to prove anything :-) BTW..that Dbl Cheese Burger freakin' ROCKS!!

Hans.KK
10-06-2011, 18:15
Thanks for the picture.
Anyone to have there video ?

Hans.KK
10-06-2011, 18:40
No. Will this one work instead?No that is a US one, I would like the one the use(d) here in Petersburg where they directly address McD.

Carl
10-06-2011, 18:44
No that is a US one, I would like the one the use(d) here in Petersburg where they directly address McD.

Happy viewing))

YouTube - ‪Carl's junior‬‏

zaman
11-06-2011, 22:16
where are the good restaurant arround PARK INN PRIBALTIYSKAYA HOTEL?

Carl
11-06-2011, 23:12
where are the good restaurant arround PARK INN PRIBALTIYSKAYA HOTEL?

There's a decent Chinese place acrossed the street from the hotel. It's to your left if you are standing outside of the front entrance, facing the statue of Peter the Great. There is also an Irish pub on the same side of the street as the Chinese place. That's about it. Not much going on in that area of town..

arnoldpalmer
29-06-2011, 12:57
troitsky most on (6th line V.O.) is a great vegetarian place and a great value too

muddyleopard
29-06-2011, 17:29
Thanks for that ... hard to find good veggie food.