PDA

View Full Version : Unread Posts

TD
26-12-2009, 10:07
A new addition just under the welcome message. You can now keep better track of what posts you have or haven't read yet - so far this seems to work quite well.

cheers
29-12-2009, 18:11
Cheers

Sebstg
04-01-2010, 00:41
Sounds great thanks!

J.D.
04-01-2010, 20:08
It seems that posts that I have read no longer show up under "New Posts". Previously only the high light was differnt which I thought worked well.It's a bit of a pain when I'm looking for it again.

Bels
04-01-2010, 20:26
Give me time on this one. I am trying to work out which is best. best posts or unread posts. Now I have to look at both.

However I must encourage anything that you do to do something to improve the forum. Some ideas might not work out in reality, However I am a believer in trying and doing it. Some thing will work, some might not. But yes! That's the way to go and progress this forum. And so far you have done a fantastic job in this area TD. Keep it up and oneday we might even have eventually our planned improvements on the Teachers' folder.

TD
04-01-2010, 23:46
To the best of my knowledge the "new posts" link and the "unread posts" link should produce exactly the same list... the way things are counted is bit different now so that if you had read a bunch of posts before the change was made there is a chance they will now be marked as unread. Going forward however this way of doing things should be more accurate.

J.D.
04-01-2010, 23:56
My screen doesn't show an 'unread posts', just 'new posts' and 'my posts'.

TD
05-01-2010, 00:52
Look at the right between the two menu bars where it says "Welcome, J.D." - the next line should say "xx Unread Posts since your last visit"

cenikab
14-01-2010, 18:05
A new addition just under the welcome message. You can now keep better track of what posts you have or haven't read yet - so far this seems to work quite well.

Very nice option. WIll be nice if we can have an option there "Mark all read". So we do not have to go to main page to do the this.

Bels
14-01-2010, 22:16
Very nice option. WIll be nice if we can have an option there "Mark all read". So we do not have to go to main page to do the this.

good point. I saw this on a much weaker forum, and worked very well. The forum I am talking about is now virtually dead, and ind heavily infested with spam now. it's called waytorussia. About a year ago they claimed they had higher statistics than expat.ru LOL

bpoint
09-02-2010, 09:38
HAI THERE NO OLDER POSTS

bpoint
09-02-2010, 09:39
WONDER WHATS GOING ON

bpoint
09-02-2010, 09:39
THE WEAKER IS THE BEST

SpinaPubica
18-02-2010, 14:24
what happened to "unread posts" page? Or is there something wrong with my explorer ?
It was really useful, i must say. If you somehow cancelled this application, please bring it back.

Dolgoprudny Neil
18-02-2010, 15:11
what happened to "unread posts" page? Or is there something wrong with my explorer ?
It was really useful, i must say. If you somehow cancelled this application, please bring it back.

Seconded. :iagree:

TD
18-02-2010, 18:21
Had to turn it off to work on something else.. should be working again now.

Bels
14-10-2010, 23:02
:ike so many. Why do you promote facebook. Isn't already promoted by too many. And don't you believe it is also over promoted for its own good? Yes even my family is fooled by this website. The damn thing is full of viruses and spyware. I don't like it period, even though my family encourage me to use it, I don't trust it it, and have had many problems with it. I say keep away from facebook.

Look at the right between the two menu bars where it says "Welcome, J.D." - the next line should say "xx Unread Posts since your last visit"

kapione
18-10-2010, 11:24
I have a very simple policy ,I never open ANY weblink anyone sends me unless they confirm they send it to me
I use Mozilla and have an add on "WOT" or Web of truth is tell the relative safety of a website....
trust nothing free on the internet...what you will get is a computer virus/spyware/malware
do you need this problem,,,

the worst spammer and senders of malicious weblinks are people with .msn hotmail or their related sites

people get their passwords stolen and the spamming begins

One of our expat members hotmail account began spamming me... they usually never know it is happening ....I made several attempts to alert this person , they never replied
then I PM'd this person and told of this... no reply... so I added them to my spammer list

JacktheD
16-11-2010, 17:42
thx