PDA

View Full Version : The missing NO THANKYOU button.

Bels
22-12-2009, 23:39
Perhaps the no thank you button is not such a bad idea. especially when we know who disagrees. It could bring argument to this forum. I can see what admin might be worried aout, and that is heated argument. But this forum does need argument. It's a bit like trying to teach teenagers English and trying to get a debate, Yes! Yes I agree. So let's get this lesson over with, so I can get out and play my computer games, or whatever.

The problem of real heated annoyance here in the past was not knowing who was hitting certain members. So we had to find out. But those who are named disagreeing, I don't see anything wrong with that.

We could soften the wording, such as agreed or disagreed to the bottom of our posts. As those words I think are softer than Thanks
And No Thanyou

Just a suggestion.

GaNozri
22-12-2009, 23:42
I think we need a "Fcuk you" button. Moreover, we definitely need a "Fcuk you all" button!

Bels
22-12-2009, 23:48
I think we need a "Fcuk you" button. Moreover, we definitely need a "Fcuk you all" button!

Can you imagine what that that would do to people here? Let's stick to something more gentle. If you want to say that to some, then just say it. You don't need a button for that.

GaNozri
22-12-2009, 23:50
Yes I do! I need a fcuking button. A big fcuking red button!

robertmf
23-12-2009, 02:16
Yes I do! I need a fcuking button. A big fcuking red button!

:nono:
YouTube- do not push the big red button

SpinaPubica
23-12-2009, 20:09
How about " Do you really expect a proper answer to this post or you really want to annoy everybody ? " button or
" Couldnt understand what you're trying to say, come again please, but this time English or Russian " button

Bels
23-12-2009, 20:54
I going to accept Ganozri as a bit of humour as usual. And yes I do fully understand him. Purposely misspelt to avoid offence. No swearing allowed :) And yes I fully understand him. believe it or not.

But the point is that nobody should be offended with being disagreed with on a post. And if brought in , it makes it like a game again. So someone disagrees to complete sense, so what! That is a members opinion and decision. All I can ask for is let the game begin. My predictions are that we will be gentle with new members, and if you disagree you should give the reason why on the next post. Disagreements should not be allowed without a good argument, if that is possible.

Judge
24-12-2009, 11:33
If you like you could put this in instead..
:groan:

I'm all for the no thanks button..

Bels
24-12-2009, 21:48
I'm going to go for the suggestion of Agree and Disagree

Why? Because thank you and no thankyou has stronger interpratations and might cause offence, especially when you you say No thankyou to a post of whom might normally like in general.

However you can always disagree on this temporary particular post. What I mean is that you sometimes disagree with your closest loved brother, sister or closest friend. But that doesn't mean that you hate the poster in general.

So to me agree and disagree is softer to posters. It also increases enjoyable competition here. And competition is much needed to expand expat.ru. Believe me everyone loves competition, it can be addictive on a forum. But competition where loser might not be offended. Now just imagine a weel disputed post. where a poster receives a massive number of agreements below one of their posts. How do you think they will.

The problem is that the word thankyou is more general. and in effect, like I do , I often am not really thanking. I am simply agreeing with the post.

robertmf
25-12-2009, 00:24
I'm going to go for the suggestion of Agree and Disagree

Since it's "expat.ru", how about Да и Net :question:

For that matter, некультурний and неразрушенно are good buttons, too :devilish::Loco:

Bels
25-12-2009, 00:38

For that matter, некультурний and неразрушенно are good buttons, too :devilish::Loco:

As long as it is in English it is ok. But I am sure most of us should understand Da and Nyet here. But let us mot go any further than the basocs.

I still say agree and disagreed along with thanks. I think three will work ell for starters. That is my suggestion. Can anyone come up with a better one? And why?

TD
26-12-2009, 18:05
There's another thank you system out there that works a bit differently - just to let you all know what the options are...

The other system is anonymous, which is one major difference. There is a question displayed at the bottom of posts "Was this post helpful to you?" and the answers can be in one of three different formats --> yes/no text vote, yes/no graphic vote (thumbs up or thumbs down picture to click on), or a rating on a 1-10 scale of how helpful the post was. There is also a page with the top 10 rated posts. Once a post has been voted on, you will see at the bottom "x out of x people have found this post helpful"

robertmf
26-12-2009, 20:07
There's another thank you system out there that works a bit differently - just to let you all know what the options are...

The other system is anonymous, which is one major difference. There is a question displayed at the bottom of posts "Was this post helpful to you?" and the answers can be in one of three different formats --> yes/no text vote, yes/no graphic vote (thumbs up or thumbs down picture to click on), or a rating on a 1-10 scale of how helpful the post was. There is also a page with the top 10 rated posts. Once a post has been voted on, you will see at the bottom "x out of x people have found this post helpful"

expat.ru already has the [RATE THREAD] by stars; ...

... but I suspect not many take the trouble to use it, since it's separate from the posting FORM. Perhaps some "advertising" of the [RATE THREAD] will suffice :question: :rasta:

Bels
26-12-2009, 20:25

... but I suspect not many take the trouble to use it, since it's separate from the posting FORM. Perhaps some "advertising" of the [RATE THREAD] will suffice :question: :rasta:

Yes but that is not what TD is talking about. We do have this in top rated threads, of which few of us use. I use it, and I might be the only only one that uses it.

But rating good posts with questions popping up asking if this post was usefull, now that might be a good idea. Was this post useful to you? It might well work here. TD is on the right track.

Let us all keep discussing this matter.

Bels
26-12-2009, 20:36

And to be honest with you. I don't think a ot of members are aware of this star button on the right hand corner of each thread. I think there should be a sticker for dummies to be aware of it. The dummies guide on How to vote for the best threads. That's if they are bothered, however if you do have a good thread writer, you have the great success of a forum. And what I mean of a good thread is the thread writer coming up with a good subject, but not only that is how the other posters respond to such a good subject. And did the thread writer come up with something good? Argumentitive, informative? Yes he did. And did many of the posters answer giving informative. humorous, or enjoyable answers. Did you enjoy the thread. If so, it deserves to be rated.

Sasha girl
28-12-2009, 21:16

А что значит не разрушенно?

Sorry, didn't get that. Does that mean thread was not taken away with out of topic remarks?

Bels
28-12-2009, 21:30
А что значит не разрушенно?

Sorry, didn't get that. Does that mean thread was not taken away with out of topic remarks?

It is mainly an English speaking forum. So coudl we get back to English please.