PDA

View Full Version : Russian language learning materials?

dontcallme
21-12-2009, 16:43
I have a teacher so I get some grammar, vocabulary and speaking practice. I still really struggle to understand people. I've tried pimsleur and find it to be pretty useless.

I really need some good listening materials. Can anyone let me know a place and good books to buy?

ele_naidi
22-12-2009, 00:54
Hello! I'm glad to recommend you "BiblioGlobus" (Metro Kitay-Gorod/ Lubyanka) as a good place to buy some materials. But it depends on... what do you really need.

Now i'm working on my own project to write a book about new (not typical for Russian as a foreign language teaching) methods how to teach RFL. All the materials are my hand-made (lets say).

If you are interested in trying it, I'll be happy to see you for a lesson (I don't need money for that now, the price is practice).
If you don't find the idea is good, just let me know a little more about your level to help you to make a better choice from the books we have in BGlobus.
Thanks.

Slavyana
26-12-2009, 20:09
Russian is difficult language. In addition to Biblioglobus non-expensive audio materials can be found in several other biggest book shops in Moscow - "Moskva" on Tverskaya and big book shop on Novy Arbat. The difference in prices is very big, my advise is not to pay them too much. Also phylological faculty of Moscow University has a special department, where they educate Russian language teachers for foreigners. Also I am sure, you can get there special training audio materials for reasonable price. Slavyana

TeddyandNancy
27-12-2009, 20:42
Yes. And I also think that having a Russian speaking friend who can help you learn the language is really important. Watching TV is really a great help too. I used this method when worked in Korea and started to understand a lot even without thorough grammar study.

AndreyS
27-12-2009, 20:56
I have a teacher so I get some grammar, vocabulary and speaking practice. I still really struggle to understand people. I've tried pimsleur and find it to be pretty useless.

I really need some good listening materials. Can anyone let me know a place and good books to buy?

1. Relax I won't call you.
2. Why not just watch TV? It really helps with improving comprehension, if you do it regularly. Watch it for 1 hour every day, and there will be progress in your understanding of oral speech.

ele_naidi
27-12-2009, 22:43
2. Why not just watch TV? It really helps with improving comprehension, if you do it regularly. Watch it for 1 hour every day, and there will be progress in your understanding of oral speech.

Normally the speed of their speaking is too high for "non-native" understanding. But anyway it's better than nothing. I like ads)) They repeat it many times, the phrases are simple and funny))

pelicans
03-01-2010, 21:12
Immersion (watching TV, radio) is good, but conversation is really required to learn actively.

Natcat
03-01-2010, 22:57
Hi, whoever needs Russian practice, let me know. I am an expat, but Russian is my mother tongue. Came here 2 months ago and still have very few friends, would be nice to meet new people. You can find me on the facebook, too, under name Natalya Kharlamova

quincy
04-01-2010, 11:17
Hi, whoever needs Russian practice, let me know. I am an expat, but Russian is my mother tongue. Came here 2 months ago and still have very few friends, would be nice to meet new people. You can find me on the facebook, too, under name Natalya Kharlamova

How easy/difficult has it been adjusting to new life in Russia?

I will be back
15-01-2010, 11:17
I study English and listen to clear enunciation, speeches and dialogs of broadcasting ESLPOD.com for foreiners
The best way to understanding language it is listening something the same in Russian.

gnawylime
22-01-2010, 00:17
try watching russian films with russian subtitles, that's always really helped me!

ele_naidi
22-01-2010, 10:04
try watching russian films with russian subtitles, that's always really helped me!

True! Or Russian films with eng (or other) subtitles. I buy RUSICO dvds)) Russian Soviet and modern films with 5 languages subtitles. I know a small shop where you can buy it in Gorbooshka market.

amdei
08-02-2010, 01:16
I know a small shop where you can buy it in Gorbooshka market.
Could you please specify it's location somehow?
Because Gorbooshka is quite big. :(

ele_naidi
13-02-2010, 13:05
Sorry, it took me ages to find their business card (lets call)))

It's the only RUSICO kiosk in Moscow (as far as i know).
B2-253

They have a hudge catalogue of movies)) Enjoy it!

Also i see their mob and e-mail. Let me know if you need it :11721:

Frida
15-02-2010, 21:16
Hi, I am professional Russian teacher and you can write me))) Listening to the radio, watching TV))) But the best way is find a Russian friend which will speak a lot with u)))

Frida
15-02-2010, 21:18
Hi, How much are films from this kiosk?

AlevtinaT
16-02-2010, 14:35
I am a Russian teacher.
So as a teacher I can tell you frankly, that unfortunately there is not any impeccable studying material for foreigner who are learning Russian.

Sometimes for listening exercises I use some exercises in YOUTUBE. You can find it very easily.

For example, YouTube- Learn Russian: Activity (frequently used verbs)

Concerning the special Russian courses you can try to find something useful here:

http://www.zlat.spb.ru/catalog5_2.html

http://www.ruslan.co.uk/

AlevtinaT
16-02-2010, 14:37
I am a Russian teacher.
So as a teacher I can tell you frankly, that unfortunately there is not any impeccable studying material for foreigners who are learning Russian.

Sometimes for listening exercises I use some exercises in YOUTUBE. You can find it very easily.

For example, YouTube- Learn Russian: Activity (frequently used verbs)

Concerning the special Russian courses you can try to find something useful here:

http://www.ruslan.co.uk/

ele_naidi
22-02-2010, 08:39
Hi, How much are films from this kiosk?

300 RUR

ele_naidi
22-02-2010, 08:41
I am a Russian teacher.

As a Russian teacher do you really find it useful?

NativeBritishTeacher
30-08-2010, 10:55
Depending on your level, you may find purely relying on Russian films, TV a bit overwhelming and/or unstructured/irrelevant for your needs. Maybe try specially designed Russian podcasts for learners of all levels let me know if you would like me to forward you some links.