PDA

View Full Version : Atkins/Lo Carb Survey/Goal Support

85StoneWhiteFurball
29-01-2005, 14:07
Fellow low carb dieters: Where are you in your diet, which one are you using, what are your goals and results so far?

Me:

Atkins induction as of today 29.01.2005
Goal: 10 kilos by "spring" - preferably 8 Mar but I doubt this is realistic -would be happy to reach goal for my birthday in early May.

History: South Beach from 25.11.2003 - 28.01.2005
32 kilos lost; reached plateau last November

2 aborted Atkins inductions in past - one recently due to vacation and other pressures, one in 2002.

Leslie Presley
29-01-2005, 14:51
What does God want us to eat?

What sort of foods, if eaten, will send a person straight to hell?

Take the Bible Diet Quiz here (http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0501/diet.html)

Tatya
31-01-2005, 11:31
My friend lost 12 kilos following this diet. It took him 2 weeks. He is a very stout person. I lost 3 kilos for this period of time, because my weight is nearly normal, I just wanted to correct it a little. From my point of view, it is the greatest diet in the world and the most popular in Moscow now.

RIKO
31-01-2005, 11:43
So what does "induction" involve ?

Ledka
31-01-2005, 11:53
I am on the 6th day of induction. Don't see any obvious results but I will keep doing it.

Random
31-01-2005, 12:10
Starting Atkins again tomorrow ...fell off the wagon before Xmas

Lost 5kg in the 1st two weeks !!

Ledka stick with it ...my loss was all in the last couple of days ..1st week I was very upset that only lost 1 kg !!! thought this isn't working !!

It does ! But beware that you need to take all the vit's with it

Ledka
31-01-2005, 12:25
Originally posted by Random
But beware that you need to take all the vit's with it

Btw, went to a drugstore yesterday. Picked up 3 different types of polyvitamins with minerals and asked a pharmacist to help to choose one of them. She recommended something starting with "S' in yellow box. Sugar wasn't mentioned at any of the ingredients of the vitamins, but still I asked the lady if it could be contained. And she definitely said that glucose and sugar are in all vitamins they have and that I had to look for something at diabetic department.

As far as I remember Vitrum is not sweet at all. I can be mistaken. Does anybody know what sugarless and glucoseless (is their such a word in English?) vitamins can be recommended. Or do you thinks that a small portion of sugar is not harmful at induction phase.

Random
31-01-2005, 12:28
Good question - I used to just pop a multi vit with everything in it ! Didn't check for sugar etc ...oh well !!

85StoneWhiteFurball
31-01-2005, 12:50
Originally posted by Ledka
Does anybody know what sugarless and glucoseless (is their such a word in English?) vitamins can be recommended. Or do you thinks that a small portion of sugar is not harmful at induction phase.

I messed myself up with glucose based Vitamin C during the early phases of South Beach. I now use artificially sweetened Upsavit C, and my usual choice of locally available multi (polyvitamin as you have it) is Oligovit. However, at the time I used megadoses of C - I think a single glucose containing pill is not a real problem.

SpruceGoose
01-02-2005, 21:16
Righty Ho ladies and gentlemen!

Count me in on this dieting thing as well. Who can tell me what about the atkins diet (or point me in the direction of a website which does, without selling me something).

I have been in Russia a year and slaped on a lazy 14 kilograms (mainly due to Mrs Goose and I eating far too well). Its now diet or death.

Love and kisses

Goose

Big Bugga
02-02-2005, 02:56
I've lost 60 lbs since the start of September on Atkins. Took some time off from the diet during my trip to Ulyanovsk in December ( you dont fly half way around the world and turn down eating new dishes..hell with that). and am now back on it again. Not so hard to do once you get rolling with it.

good luck

Bugga'

koba65
02-02-2005, 04:11
Originally posted by Big Bugga
I've lost 60 lbs since the start of September on Atkins. Took some time off from the diet during my trip to Ulyanovsk in December ( you dont fly half way around the world and turn down eating new dishes..hell with that). and am now back on it again. Not so hard to do once you get rolling with it.

good luck

Bugga'

Dammit Bugga! SIMBIRSK - don't give that mass murderer credit! Oh, and btw, congrats on the weight loss!!!

Tatya
02-02-2005, 11:30
Originally posted by SpruceGoose
Righty Ho ladies and gentlemen!

Count me in on this dieting thing as well. Who can tell me what about the atkins diet (or point me in the direction of a website which does, without selling me something).

I have been in Russia a year and slaped on a lazy 14 kilograms (mainly due to Mrs Goose and I eating far too well). Its now diet or death.

Love and kisses

Goose There will be the whole information about this diet tomorrow in Komsomolskaya Pravda www.kp.ru

Wish1991
02-02-2005, 12:39
KP will denounce it of course as yet another Kremlin-backed initiative to curb democracy by robbing the great Russian citizenry of their revolutionary fervor. If Russians didn't have to ask for bread every 70-80 yrs...what would they take to the streets for?!?

rupert
02-02-2005, 12:54
Why not get some expat sponsorship for losing the weight and give the money to charity. Good incentive?

RIKO
02-02-2005, 13:26
Originally posted by rupert
Why not get some expat sponsorship for losing the weight and give the money to charity. Good incentive?
Or rather put the money into a kitty, and go out and have a slap up meal at the end of it all ? Give us all a reason to start this thread again every few months or so.
The solution to our probelms lies in two words: SELF DISCIPLINE. We are the only being in the animal kingdom that doesn't stop eating when it's full.

Like the guy from Macdonalds said: "you can always eat the salad ...... "

rupert
02-02-2005, 13:36
Where do I get my visa for utopia?

koba65
02-02-2005, 14:24
Originally posted by rupert
Where do I get my visa for utopia?

The Embassy of Utopistan will be issuing them the second Tuesday of next week.

J.D.
02-02-2005, 14:37
There aren't any Tuesdays in Utopia. There are four Satudays and three Sundays.

Shaun
02-02-2005, 14:49
Originally posted by koba65
Dammit Bugga! SIMBIRSK - don't give that mass murderer credit! Oh, and btw, congrats on the weight loss!!!

since when was he a mass murderer?!

koba65
02-02-2005, 15:20
Originally posted by Shaun
since when was he a mass murderer?!

Ever study his "War Communism"? See his execution orders for the Black Hundreds and the clergy? Besides that, the order to kill the Tsar's family, in my book qualifies him as a mass murderer.

Ned Kelly
02-02-2005, 15:24
agree 100% koba, he was a godbastard swine. the worst of the lot of them.

Shaun
02-02-2005, 15:47
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
agree 100% koba, he was a godbastard swine. the worst of the lot of them.

hold your horses, some people have been reading too much Richard Pipes, methinks...

on your criteria, a fair number of 'respected' leaders could also be labelled 'mass murderers' koba...

sorry... dont know how we've managed to hijack a diet thread to debate old V.I.U. :D

Ned Kelly
02-02-2005, 15:58
yes, wrong place for it, i agree. but anyway...

he set the rules of the system and what came afterwards was the logical progression of what he put in place. he was a despicable little fanatic.

koba65
02-02-2005, 16:02
hold your horses, some people have been reading too much Richard Pipes, methinks...

on your criteria, a fair number of 'respected' leaders could also be labelled 'mass murderers' koba...

sorry... dont know how we've managed to hijack a diet thread to debate old V.I.U. :D

Nope, been reading the archival documents signed by the man himself. However, since this is a diet thread, Lenin was a religious follower of the Adkins plan..

Shaun
02-02-2005, 16:04
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
yes, wrong place for it, i agree. but anyway...

he set the rules of the system and what came afterwards was the logical progression of what he put in place. he was a despicable little fanatic.

What came afterwards was a result of all kinds of different things, but I'd say the absolute key was the rapid industrialisation and urbanisation in those conditions... as well as the violent nature of the bolshevik party, which of course was something that lenin himself was able to control because he had so much respect.

he was certainly a fanatic, but he was also one of the most lucid and brilliant thinkers of the 20th century.

Ned Kelly
02-02-2005, 16:13
What came afterwards was a result of all kinds of different things, but I'd say the absolute key was the rapid industrialisation and urbanisation in those conditions... as well as the violent nature of the bolshevik party, which of course was something that lenin himself was able to control because he had so much respect.

he was certainly a fanatic, but he was also one of the most lucid and brilliant thinkers of the 20th century.

he was a failure. he knew his life's work was a failure after a relatively short period in power and he responded to that with terror: enemies, agents, wreckers. it all came from his time. he was a swine.

koba65
02-02-2005, 16:21
What came afterwards was a result of all kinds of different things, but I'd say the absolute key was the rapid industrialisation and urbanisation in those conditions... dont think you can trace much of it back to vlad.

Shall we start a thread on this in the Political forum? I'd like to debate that last statement....