PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to Moscow

MadziaC
16-12-2009, 23:37
Where would I be able to buy pillows and a duvet and bed linen. I've asked all the people I know here, and no one seems to know...
Thanks.

ShoneS
17-12-2009, 01:07
Hi there
Welcome to Moscow)
Well there are many 24 hours shopping centers too from where you can buy these. Try AHSAN, IKEA, or any other big shopping mall around. Am sure you'll be able to find it. If I knew exactly around which area of Moscow you are, I could have made a more precise suggestion.
I hope you would find my help useful.

Have a good day

Tc

Shone

MadziaC
17-12-2009, 08:49
Hi, thanks so much for your help already, I live near Avtozavodskaya?

ShoneS
17-12-2009, 09:15
Hi

Am glad to be of any help. I remember my arrivalin Moscow 3 years ago. I was all excited to be in a new place but the language barrier made it a bit hard to be all free )
Anyway I do believe there is a MEGA shopping mall not too far from your region )
And if I am not wrong there are even busses going from near Metro Avtozavodskaya to MEGA shopping Mall (which should take about 10-15 mins to get there).
You can find almost everything in MEGA shopping malls and at reasonable prices (compared to many other Malls, where things are more expensive).

Hope you will be able to settle in quickly.
I think it's good you found this forum. There are many good poeple around and you can find friends too (I think ))

Well mail me here if you want to ask anything or so ok. Will be glad to be of any help I can
Tc

Have a good day )

-Shone- :sunny:

MadziaC
17-12-2009, 09:31
Thanks again sooo much!

tvadim133
17-12-2009, 17:03
Hi, thanks so much for your help already, I live near Avtozavodskaya?

we are "neighbours", I live on Orekhovo Metro Station.

You can find all the staff at Auchan exactly (I am sure there are some Auchans at your area).

In case you do not have, on Domodedovskaya Metro, there are a lot of shopping malls where you can buy them:

Domodedovskey centre (the third floor there is not cheap but affordable shop),
Open Market exactly on Domodedovskaya (staff made in China + local production (cheap, but not of high quality (too ordinary, I mean),
Oblaka (there is a bid supermarket Karusel, where they sell them as weel), Vodoley (I am not sure),
Ex-RAmstor (on Kashirka) whih Auchan

Just 17 minutes from AvtozavOdskaya Metro station by Metro.

MadziaC
19-12-2009, 21:32
Where do they sell blu-tack, or the Russian equivalent of it?
Thanks

TD
19-12-2009, 22:38
Stockmann used to carry something similar - they have stores at some of the Mega locations.

WhiteLight
21-12-2009, 15:40
Where would I be able to buy pillows and a duvet and bed linen. I've asked all the people I know here, and no one seems to know...
Thanks.
I'd recommend a Belpostel shop at:

Ореховый б-р., вл.14, стр. 3\ Orekhovy Boulevard vl.14, str.3
метро: Домодедовская| Domodedovskaya Metro
Часы работы:
пн-вс 10.00-22.00 телефон:
984-26-89
Opens Monday through Sunday 1000 to 2200/ tel. (495) 984 2689

aaronkaty
25-12-2009, 20:03
Hi,

Its funny that you asked about blue-tak... Yesterday I was shopping for Christmas and was desperately looking for Selotape to wrap my gifts: In the end, Aaron got his gifts wrapped with Superglue instead...

Are there stationary stores where one can get things like that?

Thanks,
KT :)
KRYLATSKOE?

TeddyandNancy
26-12-2009, 23:13
:whisper: Hi there,
yes, there are many stationary stores but sometimes it's hard to find one, I know. You can go to any ''Trade Center'' as they call them here and find some things which you were long looking for and forgot there. So, try some close to your location. I did it and was lucky. I live in Vidnoye, 3 km away from Moscow and they have everything one needs at a local center.
Good luck!