PDA

View Full Version : Bratislavskaya

Ash85
10-12-2009, 18:16
Hi

I am been looking at a really nice apartment (and cheap!!) 5min walk from Bratislavskaya metro. I know it is far from the center but other than that can anybody tell me anything about this area? Is it safe primarily as i am female going to be living alone???

Thanks

FatAndy
11-12-2009, 11:33
Wait for a member with nick Kangaroo495 - he lives somewhere in this area and mentions it as one of most attractive areas in Moscow.

Kangaroo495
11-12-2009, 12:41
Wait for a member with nick Kangaroo495 - he lives somewhere in this area and mentions it as one of most attractive areas in Moscow.

Hey man, have you been following me home or what? :)

Yeah Bratislavskaya is my area. Love it. Will never move away from here, despite the distance from the center.

Here is a list of positive aspects:

-No Soviet buildings. Everything new and fresh. No poor people. Mostly young, middle class
-Great infrastructure. Metro, shopping center (Boom), Auchan, parks, schools, kindergartens, restaurants, market, gyms, MEGA Tyoply Stan
-Fast metro line, not very crowded. I work at Trubnaya, which makes it easy for me. My g/f works at Paveletskaya and actually arrives at work quicker than I do.
-Safety. Though I don't believe there are particularly safe or dangrous areas of Moscow, I would say that the people living at Bratislavskaya create a safe environment as there are many children and families. Not many psychopaths.

Negative aspects:

-Taking a taxi from the center can cost up to 500 rubles
-No possibility to drive to work due to immense traffic in surrounding areas
-Lots of children. This gives me the sh*ts in summer when they're all on the street playing

Exactly what address are you looking at? Tentatively, I would say go for it!

FatAndy
11-12-2009, 13:40
I follow the rule that every foreigner should feel the friendly paw of KGB on his/her shoulder. Just for a case... :D You've advertized the area in another thread some time ago ;)

gives me the sh*ts in summer when they're all on the street playing - you was born being already adult? 8)))... I understand, but... well... they're our future...

Kangaroo495
11-12-2009, 13:57
[SIZE="1"]I follow the rule that every foreigner should feel the friendly paw of KGB on his/her shoulder. Just for a case...

:D Paw. ha ha! I think if the KGB was a living creature it would definitely have paws - bear paws. lol!