PDA

View Full Version : Have TRP you are entitled to a work permit !

byrneofmoscow
09-12-2009, 12:10
Hi

I was at the UFMS office in Alekeevskaya December 8th. The said that I may have a work permit with my TRP. It will cost 1000 roubles ( Sperbank) and take 10 days to process. I also need a photo and a Xerox copy of the first page of my passport, a copy of my TRP and registration. Whilst i did not get the chance to ask some questions, I want to put some here.

If a person who has TRP and applies for a work permit can they work for any company. (I suppose a job offer would come first)

Should a company have permission to employ foreigners with a TRP who can apply on their own for a work permit for the position that has been offered.

I would suppose that if one with TRP can apply for a work permit then the company would not have to apply on their behalf.

Up to this point in time my belief was that a company has to provide support for a foreigner with TRP who wants to work legally here. Work permits, permission to employ foreigners etc. Obstacles to move freely in the labour market, whilst TRP give permission to live there is no mention on how to work. This may be a way forward.

Bels
09-12-2009, 12:29
Sounds good to me. If you can easily get your work permit from the same place that issues your TRP ie, FMS then I often wonder what all the fuss is about.

For me, as I am self emplyed I took another path, and got entrepeneurs' licence. Hence I had no need to ask for a work permit.

Ian G
09-12-2009, 12:31
Congratulation on getting your TRP!
In fact- you are right- the work permit depends on your employer, and is your employer's responsibility. I expect the FMS people deal mostly with CIS citizens who can apply for their own work permits in Russia. Hence the
confusing advice form them.
The advantages of TRP- you are no longer dependant on your employer for your status in Russia. If you lose your job- it's not such a worry.
It is easier to get a job because the employer is not responsible for your work visa.
It is the necessary step on the way to Residency- which gives you most of the freedom, such as it is, of a Russian citizen.

fidel
11-12-2009, 09:38
I have a TRP and have recently also received my work permit. While I applied for the work permit through my company (for dalnaya Zrubesh, this is the only way unless you get a entrepreuners licence), The work permit is a red one which does not state the name of the company as before while being on a visa.....Hence with my work permit I may work in any company in that position.

byrneofmoscow
11-12-2009, 15:43
I have had a quick chat with a lawyer in the area of migration. It appears that any person with TRP can apply for a work permit outside the quota. You can then basically work for any company. The company does not need to have a qutoa for foreign workers. Simply the employee must have a TRP. Does any body have experience in this area. Must you have a job offer first and then apply for a work permit.? Or simply does one apply straight away

I have attached russian forum on the subject of work permit and TRP

Разрешение на работу при наличии РВП - форум юристов (http://forumyuristov.ru/showthread.php?t=7246)