PDA

View Full Version : TRP and work

mandelstam13
07-12-2009, 15:04
If you have a TRP, do you also have to have a job? Can you be, technically at least, unemployed?

Remington
07-12-2009, 15:10
If you have a TRP, do you also have to have a job? Can you be, technically at least, unemployed?

A job is not required to obtain TRP. However, you will be allowed to work in the same region where you are registered without work permit. If working outside of the region then work permit will be required.

mandelstam13
07-12-2009, 15:13
I understood that you need a work permit wherever you work. Irrespective of whether or not you have a TRP.

Bels
07-12-2009, 15:32
This is where the confusion lies. Find your employer, and it should be a matter of simple formality for the employer to employ someone with TRP.

mandelstam13
07-12-2009, 15:39
Well, actually, I don't intend to work. My question was it is it compulsory to have a job if you have TRP?

Remington
07-12-2009, 15:42
Well, actually, I don't intend to work. My question was it is it compulsory to have a job if you have TRP?

No

Ian G
07-12-2009, 15:45
No- it isn't. Presumably when you applied for TRP you had to prove that you have sufficient funds or income to live here. That is enough. Congratulations by the way on being able to live here without a job. I certainly wish I could!

Bels
07-12-2009, 15:58
No- it isn't. Presumably when you applied for TRP you had to prove that you have sufficient funds or income to live here. That is enough. Congratulations by the way on being able to live here without a job. I certainly wish I could!

I do, it's called self employment. The only other way is if you are here on retirement, or you just happen to be a housewife or house husband.