PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas to improve the site

Red Rose
18-09-2003, 22:43
1. Have a "Log Out" option on every page

2. Sometimes I log on just to check my private messages, or I don't have much time and can't read all the new posts on the Forums, but it seems that if you log on at all, the "New Posts" are reset, whether you have read them or not. There is an option for "Mark all forums read", how about "Mark New Posts Unread".

3. Instead of a travel section containing various topics, how about a dedicated section for visas, with a section within that for each different Embassy/Consulate (or maybe the ones near Moscow/the ones people usually go to). As many of us are ex-pats, visas are of great concern to us, especially as it is next to impossible to find any information on the Internet, let alone reliable up-to-date information. We need to know what each Embassy/Consulate requires from us (forms, letter of invitation, insurance, AIDS certificate, etc) and the cost of the visa (which may differ according to nationality, and according to days required to process the visa), the address of the Embassy, opening hours, maybe which counter to go to (may save hours!), and how to get to the city (eg overnight train arrives at the right time). It would be great if the info for each Embassy was in one place.

enrico palazzo
07-11-2003, 06:58
Can the real estate wanted posts be made to expire? Or are there really all those flats available that were first posted 8 months ago?

Thanks,

EP

moscowmail
07-11-2003, 09:20
Red and Enricho, good points.

Teutonic, can you assist here please?

len

natalia_apple
07-11-2003, 09:21
enrico, you avatar makes me want pizza

enrico palazzo
07-11-2003, 11:25
me, too.

it goes well with my italian sounding pseudonymn, but I am no italiano. I am curious as to how many get the movie reference.