PDA

View Full Version : An inquiry about marrying a Russian girl

ali992
20-11-2009, 11:52
Hello,
My problem is very complicated and I wish I can get an answer here.
I am an overseas student at one of the UK universities ( with a student visa). I am in touch with a Russian girl and I want to marry her. I haven't met her in reality, all our meetings were online only. She will try to get a tourist visa to come to see me here. But before that, please I would like to know if I can marry her at the Russian Embassy as I need an official marriage documents to transfer her visa from a tourist visa to a dependent visa. Also if you can provide me by some details it will be highly appreciated.
Also do you think she will be able to get a visa to the UK as a tourism. Her finance is not good.

Thank you so much ,
Ali

Ian G
20-11-2009, 12:39
Hello Ali, and welcome to the forum.
So- you want to get married to someone you've never met? Wait! Visit Russia as a tourist (getting a tourist visa to Russia is no problem) and meet this girl, and spend some time getting to know her. Let her visit you in the UK (again on a tourist visa). If you want to spend more time together you can then start thinking about other types of visa- eg maybe you could come to Russia to work. But don't rush into getting married until you are absolutely sure she is the right person and you've decided where you are going to live. You've both got years ahead of you to sort things out. (I'm feeling a bit like an 'agony aunt' as I type this, but this is serious advice.)
And if you do decide to visit Russia, you'll find people on this forum very helpful.
Good luck!

ali992
20-11-2009, 12:56
Thank you so much Ian for your kind advice. You are absolutely right. The problem is that the girl is living in a military city (Seversk near to Tomsk) in Russia and as she told me I will never get a permission to enter this city. Therefore we decided to make our meeting here in UK and if we find the situation is good to establish a family, hopefully, we will go ahead in our marriage. Thank you so much Ian for your advice. Just I would like to know the marriage procedure in the Russian Embassy here in London.

SV1973a
20-11-2009, 12:58
Hello Ali,
Can you tell us where you met this girl online?
Have you ever spoken to her on the phone ?
Do you know where she lives ?
Did she ever ask you for money ?
Did she ever ask you to help her with a visa because she wants to visit England?

If you answered `yes` to any of these questions, BE AWARE!

You might be the victim of a scam, namely a Russian girl trying to persuade you to marry her. Only, in this case, there will be no marriage, but you will lose a lot of money.

ali992
20-11-2009, 13:02
SV1973a,
To be frankly with you I have just met her on a marriage website. I phoned her and her family. She have never asked for a money. On the other hand she accept to come here and pay all the expenses.. You are really great.. Thank you so much for your kind advice

Viola
20-11-2009, 13:10
Thank you so much Ian for your kind advice. You are absolutely right. The problem is that the girl is living in a military city (Seversk near to Tomsk) in Russia and as she told me I will never get a permission to enter this city. Therefore we decided to make our meeting here in UK and if we find the situation is good to establish a family, hopefully, we will go ahead in our marriage. Thank you so much Ian for your advice. Just I would like to know the marriage procedure in the Russian Embassy here in London.

Why not to find out this information from the Russian Embassy in London since you are in the UK? Give them a call and you will get all the info at first hand.

Wiki says that Seversk is two kilometers from Tomsk and Tomsk is an open city. Why not to organise your meeting in Tomsk? You can then meet her family, friends, find out more about her lifestyle and upbringing.

Gentlemen, she could be a scammer but ali could be a scammer too. He may pay for her trip to London pretending to marry her, and even marry her officially since this marriage may mean nothing in his home country and then sell her in some brothel in Europe or Middle East. There is plenty of such criminal cases known. :suspect:

HeHe, may be I should think about writing detective stories? :10310:

ali992
20-11-2009, 13:18
Viola
Oh my God, do you think such a man will need an advice.... Agatha Christie:)
I am just asking for a Russian official marriage application procedure (documents). Thank you so much for advising contacting the Russian Embassy in London. But as far as I know it is difficult to get an information from them.. I will give it a try

SV1973a
20-11-2009, 13:19
Ali,
I see two possibilities.
1. this is a genuine marriage bureau, then it could turn out OK. Who am I to judge you on this.
2. this is a scam. You should know that in Russia there is a vibrant business (criminal activity) in arranging so-called meetings with foreigners. I will explain to you how such businesses operate, so that you can look for certain signs. If you notice them, remember what I told you and be careful.

A certain day you get an email from a Russian girl. Typically she describes how she lives in Russia, Russian men are no good, she wants to raise a family, have kids, take care of her husband, loves to cook and clean the house.
If you decide to react on such mails, they keep a track on you. They will keep you in contact and will write you lots of mails. That way you will find out about her situation (even documented with pictures, with names of relatives, sometime phone calls). In the end, she will want to see you (and probably, by then you will want to see her as well).
It is difficult for you to come to Russia, because she has no place for you to stay. So she needs to come to your country. Unfortunately, she does not have the money to apply for a visa. You send her some. She says she needs to proof that she has a plane ticket, but can not afford it. She asks you to pay for the ticket. You do. She is not coming because something else has come up. She needs to pay bribes to some officials, and needs the money.
You send her some...
And it just keeps on going on till you understand that you have been screwed!
Often the girls (could be boys as well, because you can not tell from reading the letter) working in such businesses are working full time, with a script of what to say and what to do. They keep track like if it were a CRM tool. That way, at any time another girl might take over.

I am not saying that you are in this case, but I have known people that were.
Just be careful. If you see any of the things I have told you about, you are now a warned man.

What makes me suspicious already now. She is living in a `closed` military city. Her financial situation is not great.

Good luck mate

annasophia
20-11-2009, 13:26
^^^
:agree:

ali992
20-11-2009, 13:29
SV1973a,
Thank you again for your advice...To be fair with you I am from a country where we have no good knowledge about the world outside it and the internet is very new there.. I have just arrived to the UK to complete my study and I guess I need a long time to have a clear view about the new world .I will keep your advice clear in my mind and I will think twice about my issue....Thank you so much my friend..

rugbymad
21-11-2009, 11:27
mate, I very much doubt the Brits will give her a visa to stay in UK with someone she's never met. In fact, I'd bet a thousand pounds they won't. If I were you, I'd go to Tomsk. Maybe, just maybe, if you can prove to the Brits in future that you have been to Tomsk and met her, they might just give her a visa then.

robertmf
21-11-2009, 12:31
^^^
:agree:
:doh:
:agree: **Rolling eyeballs** :11581:

tasel
21-11-2009, 13:44
To my knowledge, Tomsk is a closed town, but you can enter with official permission which will take atleast 45days to make a entry pass.

robertmf
21-11-2009, 13:56
To my knowledge, Tomsk is a closed town, but you can enter with official permission which will take at least 45days to make a entry pass.

Yes. Atleast == never :11581:

Bels
21-11-2009, 14:16
First of all I am in total agreement of what sv1973 has mentioned

I like many members here am Brititish and married to a Russian woman. I have been married almost five years now, with our three and a half year old son and a 12 year old stepson. However we did meet many times in London and in Paris. I was lucky, due to the fact that my wife was a Tour operator working on business. Free hotel bookings for us both, and she asked for nothing in return.

However you are a student, just arrived in UK? Are you British? Are your parents wealthy. From what I have read so far, your girlfriend is going to have great difficuly in getting any form of visa to come to UK. In fact if you are not British, a student. you will have no chance on inviting your girlfriend with a fiance visa to come and visit you to get married in the UK.

The best you can hope for is for you to go to Moscow and book a hotel. and Meet her there.

tvadim133
21-11-2009, 14:27
[QUOTE=ali992;600083]Thank you so much Ian for your kind advice. You are absolutely right. The problem is that the girl is living in a military city (Seversk near to Tomsk) in Russia and as she told me I will never get a permission to enter this city.

Sorry. it is a sh....t! Believe me! Be careful, I do not know were there is a trick? But there is!

ali992
21-11-2009, 15:16
Thank you so much for all your advices. I will try to find a way to see her in Russia and then decide either to go ahead or cancel my marriage.
Thanks a lot,
Ali

MissAnnElk
21-11-2009, 16:20
And I must bring up the fact you are Syrian . . .

A Russian girl from a town out in the provinces is willing to marry an Arab sight unseen?

With all due respect, this raises big alarm bells to me.

Bels
21-11-2009, 20:20

A Russian girl from a town out in the provinces is willing to marry an Arab sight unseen?

With all due respect, this raises big alarm bells to me.

I had my suspicions, and you did it MissannElk. it all doesn't fit. A foriegn student in Britain asking for a bride? LOL. Alarm bells yes. My wife has told me horror stories of Russian women taken as slaves in Arabia, passports taken away from them, and forced to work as prostitutes. Watch out!

Russian women don't contact him!!!! And please Ludmilai on your speed dating promotion, of whom you have contacted me and I have told you I am already married to a lovely Russian, and you have probably contacted every other member expat.ru by PM. Don't contact this guy. as some innocent Russian womean might suffer.

Speed dating! Keep away from this guy. Sherlock Holmes say so :) And so does my Russian wife.

RIKO
22-11-2009, 00:09
There's a good chance the person you've been writing to (and fallen in love with) may not even be a woman. Sorry to disenchant you but check out these and other anti-scam sites: ANTI-SCAM GUIDE for men seeking a Russian wife (http://www.womenrussia.com/antiscam.htm) and Russian Scam - dating and marriage fraud (http://search4russianbride.com/interview/michael.htm). And good luck.

Bels
22-11-2009, 12:20
Either party can be scammed or tricked.

So even genuine Russian women should be careful.

MissAnnElk
23-11-2009, 14:46
I had my suspicions, and you did it MissannElk. it all doesn't fit. A foriegn student in Britain asking for a bride? LOL. Alarm bells yes. My wife has told me horror stories of Russian women taken as slaves in Arabia, passports taken away from them, and forced to work as prostitutes. Watch out!

Russian women don't contact him!!!! And please Ludmilai on your speed dating promotion, of whom you have contacted me and I have told you I am already married to a lovely Russian, and you have probably contacted every other member expat.ru by PM. Don't contact this guy. as some innocent Russian womean might suffer.

Speed dating! Keep away from this guy. Sherlock Holmes say so :) And so does my Russian wife.

I don't think he's the scammer. I think he's being scammed.

My point was that I find it unlikely that a Russian girl from the provinces will seriously consider a young man from the Middle East as an appropriate and eligibility suitor. Ergo, she's scamming him.

He's not asking any of us to date him. He's quite clear about that.

Bels
23-11-2009, 17:28
rom what I have read, he is student foriegn to UK, with no rights to invite this girl to the UK. He might not have much money, as he said he comes from a place where there is not much in the way of internet. Things don't fit.

So if she is trying to scam him, she has made a very poor choice. Even so , I hope he hasn't made even small payments to Western Union for her to pick up in Russia.

tasel
23-11-2009, 18:02
Because he is from a small village, it doesn't mean he might be poor. And no one can just spend money for some one whom they heave never seen ever.
Also, he is a student in UK and this shows, he is not so bad financially.

Bels
23-11-2009, 18:12
Have a guess. Is she seeking cash or marriage?

tasel
24-11-2009, 16:15
To my knowledge, she wants to get out that small town.

tvadim133
24-11-2009, 16:33
To my knowledge, she wants to get out that small town.

Do you know her? Do you think so, due your experience? Would you like to think so?
:gay:

It is great when we can maintain positive way of thinking, but not light minded.

ali992
24-11-2009, 21:36
Thank you for all your advices....
I can see some people are thinking that it might be I am a bad person. It harms me but on the other hand you have all the right to be caution and aware...

I have contacted the Russian embassy and unfortunately I found it is very difficult to meet her even in Russia. Unfortunately my study timetable and finance are not appropriate to such a thing now.

Just to make some points clear to you, she and me are Muslims. Therefore she accepted to meet me and I fully trust her. This doesn't mean that all Muslim people are good and trustable, but in my case this is a reasonable cause to a Russian girl to accept marrying an Arabic man. And when I talked to her I have seen that everything she has said is true ...Really she is a very faithful girl.
Unfortunately I have found myself without any reasonable solution to a lot of problems regarding to my issue. My decision is very difficult for both her and me, and I feel very sorry about her.

I am sorry to share my problem with you, but really I have found your advices very helpful and I appreciate all of them.

Thank you so much for your help and support.
Ali

Wodin
24-11-2009, 21:52
Eid mubarak Ali, w saalam w aleikum.

have her parents agreed. meeing and marrying someone on the internet is not islamically correct.

And if they have agreed, can't they pay for her to visit you in your home country (which part of North Africa are you from), with mahram, first?

ali992
24-11-2009, 22:09
Walykom Alsalam my dear brother Wodin
Eid mubarak to you too:
I am currently in England. The plan was to offer her a ticket to visit me here. I have papered the situation here to find her a place to live before we finalize our marriage matter and to give us a chance to see each other in reality. I know it is not an Islamic way 100% but my circumstances doesn't help me. She has a very good personality. I am living now in an European country and you know that the Muslim man can not have a relationship with any girl rather than his wife (which I don't have). I found myself in a very difficult environment here, in which I haven't used to be.
I ask Allah to protect me from Zena. Please pray for me.
Thank you my brother for your concern

Wodin
24-11-2009, 22:19
You are welcome Ali, and I wish you the best of luck.

However unless the lady can obtain a visa to travel to England to meet you there (and I think that that might not be easy), and if you can't travel to Russia, you probably need another strategy.

For instance...as I understand it, Russian people don't need a visa to visit Egypt, can you arrange to meet there?

ali992
24-11-2009, 22:29
We have studied this possible choice to meet her in a third country or even in my home country (Syria), but it looks difficult regarding to a time issue for both of us.
Any way now me and her have decided to leave each other. I am really feel sorry about her more than myself. I pray to Allah to offer her a very good husband.
Thank you so much for your advice.

Bels
24-11-2009, 22:36
You are welcome Ali, and I wish you the best of luck.

However unless the lady can obtain a visa to travel to England to meet you there (and I think that that might not be easy), and if you can't travel to Russia, you probably need another strategy.

For instance...as I understand it, Russian people don't need a visa to visit Egypt, can you arrange to meet there?

Thats a good idea, just meet her and decide from there. I was ok as I just met met my now wife in london. She had no problem as she was a Tour operator on business there anyway. All she did was inspect hotels for quality. and go to a tourist exhibition to discuss contacts.That was it, and all expenses paid for. The easier route was Paris. Funny enough visa regulations are easier than Britain. And off I went to Paris through the channel tunnel first class. It was brilliant, and although I told my now wife I hated France, I really did love it with her. And she can't forget Paris, even now. She keeps talking about going back. Yes I do remind her that we do have two children now to think of. But she loves France and Paris. She could love Britain, as my argument is that we all speak English, but she dreads the British visa process now we are married.

She as a tour operater believes France is more welcoming than Britain. Don't argue with me She says, as I am the expert and have seen the difference. Who am I to argue. But we do have our differences of belief.

tvadim133
24-11-2009, 22:45
I had the same problem with my ex-GF regarding these two countries (France and England).

She hates France and loves England.

I can not make a choice due consider them to be very different and pleasant.

But if there must (have to) be a choice made by me, I would vote for Paris (France).

And My ex-GF became ex very faster, cause she would vote for London (England).

I think, for some Russians France is closer in genetic level...and actually it is difficult even to explain why....

ali992
24-11-2009, 22:47
Bels
Getting a visa to the UK becomes a very complicated matter, especially after the new regulation.
Unfortunately We have decided to leave each other cause our problem looks very complicated.
Thanks for your help my friend.

Bels
24-11-2009, 23:16
Bels
Getting a visa to the UK becomes a very complicated matter, especially after the new regulation.
Unfortunately We have decided to leave each other cause our problem looks very complicated.

I am soory to hear that. I have always that you are a liitle bit too fast in the thought of marriage, never think of marriage even though you may well have been communicating, of which I do know can be quite exhilarating. Yes you can feel very strong between words in the internet, aspecially when it is a man and a woman communicating closely by internet. Yes I have known the feeling many times, but dont't get carried away. You must meet to know the truth. And somebody must make the move, and that would be the one who is most keen, and has the financial objective.

Can you meet anywhere? Paris is is yes an easier option than Britain. Yes!! Britain pisses me off also. they are so pathetic. The only reason I met my now wife was because she had professional partnerships in tourism anyway. otherwise she wouldn't have got through. She calaims that if she had mentioned she had a boyfriend there, she would have been refused, and asked to apply for another type of visa, such as fiance visa.

Go for it! Meet her anywhere! Do you have the financial resources?

Bels
24-11-2009, 23:19
We have studied this possible choice to meet her in a third country or even in my home country (Syria), but it looks difficult regarding to a time issue for both of us.
Any way now me and her have decided to leave each other. I am really feel sorry about her more than myself. I pray to Allah to offer her a very good husband.
Thank you so much for your advice.

Now you have me in tears :tears: Did it work? No it didn't, so where is that smiley? Ok notears or crying I could find. But are you still in love

:inlove::inlove:

Then do something about and meet somehow. Otherwise you may regret it for the rest of your life. Like me, I bet there are a few members who regret making a move. looking back in their past life. Just do what your instincts tell you

ali992
24-11-2009, 23:31
Bels
Thanks again, and this is the life full of bad as same as good things, and nobody can get everything...
Thank you so much my friend

jeyla
24-11-2009, 23:42
Now you have me in tears :tears: Did it work? No it didn't, so where is that smiley? Ok notears or crying I could find. But are you still in love

:inlove::inlove:

Then do something about and meet somehow. Otherwise you may regret it for the rest of your life. Like me, I bet there are a few members who regret making a move. looking back in their past life. Just do what your instincts tell you
that is so nice to hear! bels you give great advice: i ve seen it happen so many times when people would try and make overly rational choices concerning emotionally charged matters...

sometimes it is best to go with your instincts: it's better to regret having done something, having tried and given it your all, rather than to regret having done nothing...

for personal reasons this has been a really good thing for me to have read today, thank you again bels :-)

Soen
27-03-2010, 10:57
Yes, my friend...I'm an American, and have been madly in love with a wonderful Russian woman for two years now...we met on line, through my art page, as we are both artists. We then began talking with one another through Skype, as it allows you to feel like you're actually 'with' the person....after about a year of feeling like we were almost 'living with one another,' I cautiously made arrangements to fly over, and stay with her in Moscow... It was one of the most wonderful three weeks of my life...I'm now making arrangements to fly back over in Aug., and we are actually considering marriage....not right away, but perhaps in another year... She has never asked for anything, nor has her mother, who didn't trust Americans much, but who now loves me... So far, so good, but In my case, marriage will involve my staying in Russia, since she has no interest in leaving her country....which I can certainly understand...and also makes me realize that she has no interest in simply using me for an American 'Green Card'....I'm an artist and a bit of an adventurer by nature, so all of this is just fine with me....I'm starting to learn Russian (she speaks English).......and I'm now here...to learn what I can, from these other more experienced people.
I will say this.....and it's very important......I did not meet Tatiana on a 'dating site' and I've heard about them, and even checked out a couple, about two years ago....and without any doubt, I'd say that about 90 percent of the women on those things are simply scams....and many times the letters you receive are from men, posing as girls...complete with photos...
Hope this has been somewhat informative...:-)

Bels
27-03-2010, 23:06
Thankyou for your post. And must be very helpful to others reading here. First of all by all means enjoy communicating direct from Russains or of any other nationality you desire. With caution of course. It can be quite enjoyable communicating with the other sex, but don't get too carried away with them untill you have met them. Unles you or the other party have no intention of ever meeting. However if that is the case your conversation will soon fade, as it will have no meaning. You must meet eventually. But dont't get involved with agencies or third parties.

You can only use your own common sense when meeting. And it might work out well, or maybe not. Who knows as you can only learn by your mistakes.

I was OK. My now wife came to me in London several times, then several times in Paris, before I decided to meet her in Moscow.

So enjoy your internet Romances direct, but be carefull. and don't get too carried away emotionally. Telephone calls can help a lot later, as it helps you decide. But even that is not 100%.

Use your common sense!

Yes, my friend...I'm an American, and have been madly in love with a wonderful Russian woman for two years now...we met on line, through my art page, as we are both artists. We then began talking with one another through Skype, as it allows you to feel like you're actually 'with' the person....after about a year of feeling like we were almost 'living with one another,' I cautiously made arrangements to fly over, and stay with her in Moscow... It was one of the most wonderful three weeks of my life...I'm now making arrangements to fly back over in Aug., and we are actually considering marriage....not right away, but perhaps in another year... She has never asked for anything, nor has her mother, who didn't trust Americans much, but who now loves me... So far, so good, but In my case, marriage will involve my staying in Russia, since she has no interest in leaving her country....which I can certainly understand...and also makes me realize that she has no interest in simply using me for an American 'Green Card'....I'm an artist and a bit of an adventurer by nature, so all of this is just fine with me....I'm starting to learn Russian (she speaks English).......and I'm now here...to learn what I can, from these other more experienced people.
I will say this.....and it's very important......I did not meet Tatiana on a 'dating site' and I've heard about them, and even checked out a couple, about two years ago....and without any doubt, I'd say that about 90 percent of the women on those things are simply scams....and many times the letters you receive are from men, posing as girls...complete with photos...
Hope this has been somewhat informative...:-)

ilya25
28-03-2010, 01:24
Bels

don't give up that easily - it is not that easy to find a right partner if you keep looking for possible solutions you will find them

jps762
05-05-2010, 02:15
Ali, you are about to get hosed, big time. First of all, there are few Russian converts to Islam, aside from those who have one "Muslim" parent(which would suggest a different ethnicity like Bashkir or Tatar), or were married to a Muslim. The fact that she is telling you she is Muslim suggests that she is telling you what she thinks you want to hear. Even if it isn't a scam, it sounds to me like you know nothing about Russia and you are about to marry a girl which you admit you have never met. You have a brain, use it. Either find a girl where you are, or move to Russia and date normal girls(as in no foreign dating service). If you are unwilling to do this, you obviously aren't willing to put enough work into a future relationship. Don't sacrifice your dignity for some fantasy Russian bride. You deserve better.

By the way, I'm not saying this is you, but there are many people who come to Russia looking for a "perfect wife" because they have heard that Russians make very good wives. The fact is that women desperate to leave a country always make "good wives"(who end up screwing the pool boy and possibly taking your money once they get citizenship in your country). Judge women based on your personal experience with them, and not their nationality and the stereotypes associated with them.

torrentstorm
25-05-2010, 06:28
Ali,
I see two possibilities.
1. this is a genuine marriage bureau, then it could turn out OK. Who am I to judge you on this.
2. this is a scam. You should know that in Russia there is a vibrant business (criminal activity) in arranging so-called meetings with foreigners. I will explain to you how such businesses operate, so that you can look for certain signs. If you notice them, remember what I told you and be careful.

A certain day you get an email from a Russian girl. Typically she describes how she lives in Russia, Russian men are no good, she wants to raise a family, have kids, take care of her husband, loves to cook and clean the house.
If you decide to react on such mails, they keep a track on you. They will keep you in contact and will write you lots of mails. That way you will find out about her situation (even documented with pictures, with names of relatives, sometime phone calls). In the end, she will want to see you (and probably, by then you will want to see her as well).
It is difficult for you to come to Russia, because she has no place for you to stay. So she needs to come to your country. Unfortunately, she does not have the money to apply for a visa. You send her some. She says she needs to proof that she has a plane ticket, but can not afford it. She asks you to pay for the ticket. You do. She is not coming because something else has come up. She needs to pay bribes to some officials, and needs the money.
You send her some...
And it just keeps on going on till you understand that you have been screwed!
Often the girls (could be boys as well, because you can not tell from reading the letter) working in such businesses are working full time, with a script of what to say and what to do. They keep track like if it were a CRM tool. That way, at any time another girl might take over.

I am not saying that you are in this case, but I have known people that were.
Just be careful. If you see any of the things I have told you about, you are now a warned man.

What makes me suspicious already now. She is living in a `closed` military city. Her financial situation is not great.

Good luck mate

Oh the never ending drama ever so popular in Russia and Ukraine, further compounded by the 'dream' of spending the rest of your life with a beautiful woman who will 'love' you!

Been there and done that, many times over, with different scenarios, but all pointing towards the same end. I was also in Russia for 3 years, and yes, admittedly, was popular with ladies of different ages, from 17 - 52, as I last recall. In the end, Russian women learned fast from their Western sisters how to obtain and probably achieve 3 things:

1.- Money, or at least, the possibility of being placed in a country where they can make money, be it Europe (Italy, France and Germany are favs, along with Britain, and then, of course, the golden street-paved America).

2.- Power, because with this they can obtain greater independence, re: become man independent eventually, so she can forget the 'slavery' of what it means being married to a lying, cheating, brutish, drunkard, 'with whom I've learned that happiness is not my destiny". You think I am joking? You haven't spoken and met Russian women to begin with.

3.- Their 15 minutes - yes, the prevalent notion infecting most women today - recognition, some bit of fame, even if it means doing or saying something stupid. I was amazed how, when I first went to Russia, I went with a picture of devoted women, loving and family oriented, supportive. After having arrived, boy did I get myself shot down fast from that hot air balloon! Among some of the things I saw, Russian women have learned how to use their attractiveness to obtain what they want (and maybe they have no other way, because such is the male, chauvinistic, pigheaded, male dominant society they live in). But yeah, their 15 minutes of fame are important.

Now, if you are the guy that can give them these, oh well, you've got no problem! They'll flock to you like bees to honey. But guess? If you are a poor teacher or student, well, you've got another thing coming. They'll feign interest and try to use you, but when push comes to shove, she will leave you and move on. I've seen too much to believe in fairy tales anymore.

Friend Ali and others would do well to take note. I will also echo the posts made earlier about watching out for the apparent family/phone calls/ emails/pictures display. Russians are really expert at playing this game. In the end, you'd be lucky if you come out of it with nothing more than disappointment and the time wasted writing and calling.

I'm in Malaysia for the moment. I see how these scammers post profiles of Russian/Ukrainian/ girls on dating sites oriented towards China, Malaysia, Singapore, and others, and after a few days, they delete the profiles and open new ones, no doubt, after obtaining some new email interests.

Now ask yourself why.

xSnoofovich
27-05-2010, 14:17

My point was that I find it unlikely that a Russian girl from the provinces will seriously consider a young man from the Middle East as an appropriate and eligibility suitor..

Right, cuz he isn't white?

Racism at its finest !

miagy
27-05-2010, 14:32
Tomsk is not closed town. My friend lived there before.

miagy
27-05-2010, 14:36
To my knowledge, Tomsk is a closed town, but you can enter with official permission which will take atleast 45days to make a entry pass.

Tomsk is not closed town. My friend lived there before.

torrentstorm
27-05-2010, 15:57

Racism at its finest !

Is it racism?
I remember when I was in Karelia, one of the students learning Russian was from Israel, young kid, maybe some 18 or 19 years of age, not bad looking either.
Somehow, the girls didn't seem to be popular with him. His classmates would chide him for that. They all had Russian gfs (classmates were all white from other countries/places), and he was always tagging along, alone, on their outings and such.
I never did understand if it was something with him, or it was his looks/skin color that played the part.
On another note, there were also some black students from Nigeria, studying on scholarship. Never once did I see any of them accompanied by a Russian girl.
It makes me think that maybe you have a point with racism.

Camihan
27-05-2010, 16:06

Racism at its finest !

Racism isn't the issue here. The issue is that this whole thing looks suspicious and this poor guy is probably going to get jacked, big time.

xSnoofovich
27-05-2010, 16:13
Racism isn't the issue here. The issue is that this whole thing looks suspicious and this poor guy is probably going to get jacked, big time.

You are right !

But the fact that someone seems to think that " a white girl would never be interested in a a darkie" was mentioned !!