PDA

View Full Version : exact, current process for getting married in russia?

dlc7474
18-11-2009, 13:10
i have been in moscow for 3 days now. i went to the US embassy to get a "certificate of non-impediment" today. next i know i have to get a certified translation of my passport. is that all i need to take to ZAGS #4? or is there more?

drwho
18-11-2009, 17:55
i have been in moscow for 3 days now. i went to the US embassy to get a "certificate of non-impediment" today. next i know i have to get a certified translation of my passport. is that all i need to take to ZAGS #4? or is there more?

Yes about 50 years of nagging, kids, mess, exhaustion, arguments, costs and washing up... oh and if you don't mind cleaning the house or flat !! GOOD LUCK. :Loco:

drwho
18-11-2009, 19:53
P.S

Yes about 50 years of nagging, kids, mess, exhaustion, arguments, costs and washing up... oh and if you don't mind cleaning the house or flat !! GOOD LUCK.

P.S Any man or woman that marries a Russian man or woman must love/lust them very much and be very determined to be with them in RU, as it ain't a party to get it all arranged. Respect ! and good luck ! :applause:

Viola
18-11-2009, 20:46
Yes about 50 years of nagging, kids, mess, exhaustion, arguments, costs and washing up... oh and if you don't mind cleaning the house or flat !! GOOD LUCK. :Loco:

Do you mean singles don't clean their houses? :clown:

Bels
18-11-2009, 21:00

Sounds about right, but I have been married about 4 and a half years now, so times may have changed. Go to your Zag's office with your papers and just do it. They will ask for anything else. Sorry, but I was like a baby, with my Russian wife sorting out everything. After it's her country, and her first language.

My part was dealing with the British Embassy, the next part was hers, besides redtape Russian or English speaking was her business before we had our liittle boy now 3 and a half.

So to summarise, go and get married and find out if they want more. Important problems to remember. NAmes! Names and spelling. It must all match, or you will have hassle. Translation and spelling is a big problem, and thank goodness my wife is a professional translator and linguist in English and Russian, otherwise she wouldn't have won some of her arguments , to avoid bribes.

There wasn't any major problems with our marriage application. The major problem as usual is that officials are always looking for extra cash, like all officials dealing with redtape. They don't get paid enough, so they try their luck. So watch out, one trick is delay, when you don't have time. Believe me they have that stamp right in their pocket. They are only waiting for the magic word. And I don't mean Please and Thank you, they mean a cash over. So give them a tip of 1000 roubles and say I need it done now!

Summarise. Check all spelling mistakes in translations. Do not accept delays and return visits. Pay up. Because you are in Russia, and bribes are the norm.

KLi
19-11-2009, 20:12
I got married 6 years ago, the certificate needs legalising at the ministry of foreign affairs probably. Go to your consulate's website and see exactly what you have to do, as it can be different for different nationalities, depending on what your govt also requires.
I didn't pay any bribes, no one was difficult at all, did their job, and it was easy - just long queues in the ministry, first to hand the certificatge in to be legalised, and then to pick it up, but nothing terrible.

dlc7474
23-11-2009, 00:18
i am getting no help from her. i have to do everything. im trying to cover all my bases, but i have heard such horror stories that each RU official wants different things on different days..UG!!!!!