PDA

View Full Version : Short-term Russian language program

Dillon
10-11-2009, 18:32
I'm still looking into all the language course opportunities. So far the cheapest is offered by MSU: 2.5 weeks in group courses (20 hours a week) and individual sessions (10 hours a week), Visa support, accommodation for the period in an MSU dormitory, and transfer to and from the airport will cost 882 euro, and with this I get a public transportation p**** access to MSU student leisure and recreational activities, access to the Lenin library, internet, an outpatient emergency clinic, and assistance with air travel confirmation. The other programs I've looked into have their best options anywhere from 100-300 euros more, and outside Moscow. Even in programs that offer study in Saint Petersburg the cheapest options there are more expensive than at MSU.

http://www.ruslanguage.ru/spec.aspx?lang=en (Here is the Calculator they provide on their site.)

Does anyone know anything about this program, maybe even experienced it or know someone that has? I want to learn intensively over a good period of time (more than 3 weeks by my definition here). Thanks!

CaliforniaChic
11-11-2009, 23:54
I had initially looked into the MSU program as well, but let me tell you that seems to be one of the most expensive Russian programs I found. I can recommend the university where I attend, they offer private or group lessons, are located in the center, good professors and it is A LOT cheaper than MGU. I think even the private lessons are cheaper than group lessons at MGU, so you could probably arrive at anytime and have individual lessons. PM if you have any questions!

maccaddy17
12-11-2009, 05:31
pushkin on volgina street.near metro kaluskaya,yugo-zapadnaya or koncova.i did my 1st year language there im nt so sure abt pricing but heard from some foreign friends that its abt 800USD for 1.5-2months of class.
lotsa foreign students there.try check it out.:)

maccaddy17
13-11-2009, 08:17
hey there dillon,
check out this link

http://www.norway.mid.ru/edu/pushkin_institute.html

hope its useful.
its a good institute though.....enjoy....:ok:

maccaddy17
13-11-2009, 08:21
same but better link....

. .. / Pushkin State Russian Language Institute (http://www.pushkin.edu.ru/index.php?m=060101)

happy learning russian

Dillon
13-11-2009, 22:34
The price looks too good to be true! 384€ for a month with accomodation and visa support! Definitely my top option now.

mistygris
13-11-2009, 22:38
i'm following classes at MGU (Центр международного образования МГУ им. М. В. Ломоносова :: Center for International Education Lomonosov MSU (http://www.cie.ru)). the classes are very nice and the teachers very good! :cheerleader:

PM if you have any question!

mckhomer
04-12-2009, 08:23
Which of these programs has group classes? I've studied with a private tutor. Often she does most of the speaking.

nenya1121
07-12-2009, 01:16
the classes at mgu are quite good for the most part, teachers can be a bit boring, but are all very helpful and nice. the administration is happy to work with you if you are unsatisfied and want to switch levels, and its quite normal for people to come for a month or two and leave, although i don't think this disrupts the progress of the class. when i looked for programs, i found that mgu is definitely the cheapest, and the status of a student helps you get transportation, theater, shopping, and more discounts which private language schools are unable to give you. the accommadations are not new, and can be quite dirty, but it is cheap, usually quiet, and quite fine depending on your roommate/cleaning skills. i would recommend it.

flowers
10-12-2009, 04:27
If you are interested in something outside Moscow, try contacting TverInterContactGroup. They used to run Russian-language classes for foreigners (it was several years ago when I was in touch with them last - so don't know, maybe things have changed).
Tver is a relatively small town about 150 km northwest of Moscow (between Moscow and St Pete).

Enjoyrussian
11-02-2010, 12:40
:ok:
To improve your Russian or even to start learning it from scratch it is a great idea to visit some language school. For instance, Russian Language school "Enjoy Russian" situated in Karelia, Russia. The region borders the EU so it won't be a big problem to reach us. The school is very popular among foreign students as the program is very flexible and efficient. The sudying in our school implies cultural programs as well and the full language immersion. So even you don't speak Russian at all, soon you'll be able to speak yourself and understand others. More info at Russian Language School Enjoy Russian (http://enjoyrussian.com/)
we'll be glad to welcome you in summer and offer various summer language courses. By the way, there is a chance for all to win the scholarship for studying at our school that will cover the course tuition
If your Russian level is rather good check it by passing the on line test on the page of the school.:10220: