PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas....

heplion
18-09-2003, 10:23
Due to some requirments of my wife's visa, it seems as if I am going to have to leave Moscow for a couple of years !! :(

I am now stuck with the exact opposite task of some of our posters that are busting their butts trying to figure out a way to get work in Russia from overseas.

Any great ideas for finding a job in the US from Russia in the current job market there????

Any thougths are greatly welcome!!

polly
19-09-2003, 00:41
oooohhhhh
bad timing, my friend

what area and what industry?

murbanski
19-09-2003, 10:11
Burger King and MacDonalds are always looking for dedicated people. ;)

Don't worry, in a couple years the consulting firm of B/U will be dominating the central/eastern European market and you won't have to worry about looking for work anymore. I'm sure they'd be happy to have you in their employ. :D

Mike.

heplion
19-09-2003, 15:19
Yes, in a few years down the road I am sure that B/U consulting will have a space for me in its ranks ;) As far as McDonald and Burger King, I thoughty you had to eitehr have acne or silver hair to work there in the States?

Polly,

Yes it is bad timing, and while it may be unrealistic, I am hoping to have something prior to my move to the States...unrealistic, I know, but if I don't try it certainly won't happen;)

The area of the country doesn't really matter so much. In the last 4 years I have worked in Russia (of course) Pennsylvania, South Caolina, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. In this instance, as long as the opportunity is in the US, Puerto Rico or Guam I would be satisfied.

My area of expertise is Supply Chain mangement and Project Managment. I am six-sigma trained and have an MBA in supply chain and international business. Guess in short that about covers it....:)

Thanks!

polly
20-09-2003, 08:52
I second what Fa-Q just said above as far as using the Internet for resources as much as you can. Also check out www.craigslist.org - they have boards for several different US cities with pretty extensive job listings.
How long have you been in Russia? If you have managed to maintain some US contacts in your field, try 'networking' with them as much as you can from afar.
I think that doing as much online research as you can will help you get a good feel for what lies ahead and what kind of opportunities are available.
Other than that, I dunno!!! Best of luck.