PDA

View Full Version : What is your profession?

FlakeySnowballer
06-11-2009, 14:54
It is a quizz. You are welcome:11215:

OlgaT
06-11-2009, 16:27
I'm a Logistics Twiddler and I love my profession. :respect:

xSnoofovich
06-11-2009, 17:38
professional forum poster

Bels
06-11-2009, 17:44
professional forum poster You're just an amatuer as you don't get paid for it. For me? I'm an entrepreneur.

xSnoofovich
06-11-2009, 18:17
You're just an amatuer as you don't get paid for it. .

how do u know bels?

how do u know?

;b

AndreyS
06-11-2009, 18:53
professional forum poster

Moreover. You ran for Expat.ru president.

AndreyS
06-11-2009, 18:54
how do u know bels?

how do u know?

;b

It's just peanuts, anyway...

AndreyS
06-11-2009, 18:56
You're just an amatuer as you don't get paid for it. For me? I'm an entrepreneur.

You are an EFL entrepreneur.

AndreyS
06-11-2009, 20:10
I'm a Logistics Twiddler and I love my profession. :respect:
Thumb-twiddler? ;-)
Me either. But it's my hobby, not profession.

OlgaT
06-11-2009, 20:21
Thumb-twiddler? ;-)
Me either. But it's my hobby, not profession.
My hobby is a wine-drinker and I love my hobby. :10518:

Moskauerin
06-11-2009, 20:28
OK, I am an account manager in a bank by profession and a linguist in my heart (and by my 1st education).

pjw
06-11-2009, 20:32
I'm teeching.;)

MickeyTong
06-11-2009, 21:34
Sanity Inspector

AndreyS
06-11-2009, 21:41
Sanity Inspector

An anecdote on the topic.
-Is this water pure, can I drink it?
-Yes, of course, it has been passed through our ecology inspector.

OlgaT
06-11-2009, 21:43
Sanity Inspector
Wow! Sounds like the Grand Inquisitor. :mooooh:

Bels
06-11-2009, 22:26
Wow! Sounds like the Grand Inquisitor. :mooooh:

He means sanitory inspector :)

OlgaT
06-11-2009, 22:44
I didn't find a word "sanitory" in my dictionary. Scared even more...

tvadim133
06-11-2009, 22:49
And I am business developement (sales and marketing) manager working with FMCG products no matter IT, High Tec or food.

As for hobbies there are connected with history, music of 18 and 19 centuries, wine testing, travelling, theatre and clubs.

AndreyS
07-11-2009, 01:17
XSnoofie, what's your profession? As far as I remember, you are an EFL teacher?

AndreyS
07-11-2009, 01:23
Sanity Inspector

Haven't you been promoted to a senior inspector? Work hard and fortune will smile at you. ;-)
When I was a dustman, I did well with dogs' poos...

robertmf
07-11-2009, 01:38
I didn't find a word "sanitory" in my dictionary. Scared even more...

He means night soil collector aka "Sanitation Engineer" :tgif:

AndreyS
07-11-2009, 01:40

Only soil? And how about do-dos?

robertmf
07-11-2009, 01:42
Only soil? And how about do-dos?

:11513: Yes. #2 also.

AndreyS
07-11-2009, 01:53
Robertmf. How is it going in Phila?

robertmf
07-11-2009, 02:04
Robertmf. How is it going in Phila?

Deep depression (http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091105&content_id=7628696&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi) :farout:

AndreyS
07-11-2009, 02:07
Deep depression (http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091105&content_id=7628696&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi) :farout:
Same here.

We shall overcome! Some day.

Korotky Gennady
07-11-2009, 02:17
My hobby is a wine-drinker
. :10518:very bad hobby

aparkhomenko
07-11-2009, 02:30
Used to be a headhunter, now on the other side -looking for a job

MickeyTong
07-11-2009, 12:01

I have to listen to a lot of cr**

xSnoofovich
07-11-2009, 12:09
XSnoofie, what's your profession?

I work in a bank....

tvadim133
07-11-2009, 13:01
Used to be a headhunter, now on the other side -looking for a job
i AM WITH YOU!
So am I!

mistygris
07-11-2009, 13:29
For now enjoying my life :) later maybe laywer in spe :coffee:

tukiva
07-11-2009, 13:42
Sanity Inspector

saintity inspector???

tukiva
07-11-2009, 13:44
i AM WITH YOU!
So am I!

but on previous pages you had so good job, what happened?:confused:

Moskauerin
07-11-2009, 20:29
I work in a bank....

Great! What are you doing? I also work in a bank, so I am really very interested!

AndreyS
07-11-2009, 20:33
Great! What are you doing? I also work in a bank, so I am really very interested!

You could also tell us what account manager in a bank means/does...

Bels
07-11-2009, 20:40

Sorry it's spelt with an a :) He's a sanitary inspector in a sanitarium. Oh please don't tell me it a sanitorium.

Moskauerin
07-11-2009, 23:26
You could also tell us what account manager in a bank means/does...

With pleasure, Andrey! I provide day-to-day service to corporate clients (that is legal entities, or companies). I assist in opening accounts, organise financing and consult on all sorts of banking services (cash collection, salary projects for employees, installation of ATMs, acquiring, cash management tools, electronic banking, etc.). My work involves a lot of correspondence, telephone calls and sometimes meetings. Sometimes it is quite stressful, but on the whole I like it because I help people.

BTW: Tell us what you are doing. Or have I missed it?

AndreyS
07-11-2009, 23:39
I am an executive director of one company, in other words, Mr. Do-Everything, or a whipping boy, if you like.

Moskauerin
08-11-2009, 11:10
I am an executive director of one company, in other words, Mr. Do-Everything, or a whipping boy, if you like.

Wow, it should be tough. Like this? - :boxing: :cussing: :nono: :rules: :fudd:

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 12:26
but on previous pages you had so good job, what happened?:confused:

I like continuing developing myself in all spheres including career.:1306:

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 19:31
I have three profession - Forest engineer, Landscape designer, Interior designer and decorator.:11109:

Bels
08-11-2009, 19:39
I have three profession - Forest engineer, Landscape designer, Interior designer and decorator.:11109:

I am curious about the forest about your forest designer profession as me being surrounded by forests in my area. What do you mean. Build a church here or a residential and pay up. You can chop up any tree you like as long as you pay up. And I don't give a damn what litter you drop when you have your barby.

I saw an article recently of Russians having a helicopter ride, only to find that their forest no longer existed surroundin moscow and instead it was full of big holes. Something you can't see if you drive a car along the shosses.

Genuine forest Rangers. Do we have them?

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 19:54
I am curious about the forest about your forest designer profession as me being surrounded by forests in my area. What do you mean. Build a church here or a residential and pay up. You can chop up any tree you like as long as you pay up. And I don't give a damn what litter you drop when you have your barby.

I saw an article recently of Russians having a helicopter ride, only to find that their forest no longer existed surroundin moscow and instead it was full of big holes. Something you can't see if you drive a car along the shosses.

Genuine forest Rangers. Do we have them?

Guess you do not understand me. My first degree is Forest engineer (building roads in the forest, building industry shops where the timber is working over and so on)
My second degree is Landscape designer. My third diploma is Interior (Subjects) design (Like Karim Rashid :11109:)

And I don't give a damn what litter you drop when you have your barby.

I do not understand the meaning of this sentence. What does barby mean?

PS: I deny religion (except the Buddhism one or Itseism) so i will not build any churchs

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 19:59

It is a fake.

robertmf
08-11-2009, 20:07
I do not understand the meaning of this sentence. What does barby mean?

Australian slang for "bar-b-que" 'BBQ' or 'barbque'.
Roast meat on a charcoal grill. Spit. Turkish shashlik

Как сказат по-Русски :question:

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 20:15
Australian slang for "bar-b-que" 'BBQ' or 'barbque'.
Roast meat on a charcoal grill. Spit. Turkish shashlik

Как сказат по-Русски :question:

Thank you for explanation:hooray:

I think in russian is Барбекю

Bels
08-11-2009, 20:17
RobertMF beat me to it. I was going to say ask PJW :) Let's increase our phrases to confuse our English speaking members who are using English as a second language. Infact let us just play with words rather than sticking to the strict rules of Soviet English Grammar. My guess is it that it might be appreciated. Not everything is in the dictionary. Do those remember that aint is in the dictionary :)

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 20:26
RobertMF beat me to it. I was going to say ask PJW :) Let's increase our phrases to confuse our English speaking members who are using English as a second language. Infact let us just play with words rather than sticking to the strict rules of Soviet English Grammar. My guess is it that it might be appreciated. Not everything is in the dictionary. Do those remember that aint is in the dictionary :)

I think too )) first i looked at the dictionary barby meaning but Babylon do not know this word.
About playing words, although russian is my native language i can not play words :confused1:

Bels
08-11-2009, 20:41
I think too )) first i looked at the dictionary barby meaning but Babylon do not know this word.
About playing words, although russian is my native language i can not play words :confused1:

Why not! Languge is changed all the time. How often are authers critcised for wrong grammar by very conservative people, and the language is changed through time. Language changes every decade. In UK we can think of the author of Lord of the Rings He was heavily criticised and his answer was that he was an artist, and not a grammartician. Same applied to Shakespeare and later Charles Dickens, as an example to those who were heavily critcised.

A discussion with my Russian wife who is a linguist scientist, even Pushkin was heavily criticised for grammar, and yet again he claimed to be an artist of the Russian language. As an example he is responsible for change in the Russian language.

Believe me playing with words, knowing local words used, and most certainly getting to be used to modern expressions and phrases is all part of learning.

For those wanting to learn English at Advanced or proficient leval, then I do recommend watching movies produced from both USA and Great Britain. Get used to it, as everything is not in the common dictionary.

robertmf
08-11-2009, 21:04

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/barbie

Australia Slanguage (http://www.slanguage.com/australia.html) :Loco:

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 21:11
Why not! Languge is changed all the time. How often are authers critcised for wrong grammar by very conservative people, and the language is changed through time. Language changes every decade. In UK we can think of the author of Lord of the Rings He was heavily criticised and his answer was that he was an artist, and not a grammartician. Same applied to Shakespeare and later Charles Dickens, as an example to those who were heavily critcised.

A discussion with my Russian wife who is a linguist scientist, even Pushkin was heavily criticised for grammar, and yet again he claimed to be an artist of the Russian language. As an example he is responsible for change in the Russian language.

Believe me playing with words, knowing local words used, and most certainly getting to be used to modern expressions and phrases is all part of learning.

For those wanting to learn English at Advanced or proficient leval, then I do recommend watching movies produced from both USA and Great Britain. Get used to it, as everything is not in the common dictionary.

I mean i am not able to play words in Russian cause i know russian not so well but i am going to catch playing words in English, i have many funny americans texts about gangsters and bangsters )) and so on

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 21:14
The Online Slang Dictionary | Definition of barbie (http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/barbie)

Australia Slanguage (http://www.slanguage.com/australia.html) :Loco:

The Online Slang Dictionary | Real definitions for real slang (http://onlineslangdictionary.com/)

Thanks a lot
It is different from real English. What about 5 o'clock?:agree: Does anybody remember about it?

When i took lessons at university i studied Sherlock Holms English:shhhhhh:

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 21:15

Common sometimes you do, but you do not mention it, for example: интертрепация (that is a mix between to talk about nothing and to re-express someone's thought) or радиатор (radiator is a person who work at a radion station) or Перис (Peris is a glamour girl) or Перец (Perets is a cool guy, a cool fellow but the original meaning is a pepper) or ( секретутка ("secretutka" is a mix of two words: secretary and prostitute) or famouse "ОКЕЮШКИ" (Okeyushki is OK with russian suffix which makes this word sound very russian) and so on.......

These word are not even in the dictionary of russian slang.

robertmf
08-11-2009, 21:17
Thanks a lot
It is different from real English. What about 5 o'clock?:agree: Does anybody remember about it?

When i took lessons at university i studied Sherlock Holms English:shhhhhh:

What about 5 o'clock ? Не поняал. :doh:

Bels
08-11-2009, 21:18
[QUOTE=FlakeySnowballer;595715]I mean i am not able to play words in Russian cause i know russian not so well but i am going to catch playing words in English, i have many funny americans texts about gangsters and bangsters )) and so on[/QUOTE

I am really sorry, I thought you were talking about English and not American of which can be another language, same as Australian. If you don't want to talk about real English I am out of here. Perhaps you would like to know about South African or Jamaican English. As I was talking about real English.

Perhaps Brits should learn Ukranian, and not Russian :) Eh?

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 21:20
Common sometimes you do, but you do not mention it, for example: интертрепация (that is a mix between to talk about nothing and to re-express someone's thought) or радиатор (radiator is a person who work at a radion station) or Перис (Peris is a glamour girl) or Перец (Perets is a cool guy, a cool fellow but the original meaning is a pepper) or ( секретутка ("secretutka" a mix of two words: secretary and prostitute) or famouse "ОКЕЮШКИ" (Okeyushki is OK with russian suffix which makes this word to sound very russian) and so on.......

Thank you :iagree: guess you do not believe me but before i did know these words in Russian (excpet Перец)

robertmf
08-11-2009, 21:20
I mean i am not able to play words in Russian cause i know russian not so well but i am going to catch playing words in English, i have many funny americans texts about gangsters and bangsters )) and so on

...:mml: Можно переведить на Американский, "высолький там" :question: :loco: :doh:

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 21:23
What about 5 o'clock ? Не поняал. :doh:

5 o'clock is an old English tradition to drink English tea at 5 o'clock. It means the tradition British English

robertmf
08-11-2009, 21:24
I am really sorry, I thought you were talking about English and not American of which can be another language, same as Australian. If you don't want to talk about real English I am out of here. Perhaps you would like to know about South African or Jamaican English. As I was talking about real English.

What about London cockney :bash: ? You call that "English" from the heart of ye olde empire, eh wot olde sod :question:

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 21:30
[QUOTE=FlakeySnowballer;595715]I mean i am not able to play words in Russian cause i know russian not so well but i am going to catch playing words in English, i have many funny americans texts about gangsters and bangsters )) and so on[/QUOTE

I would like to speak about different English (American Australian and so on dialects):iagree: I would like to learn different slangs. earlier i talked to one English man but he did not talk me about slangs so i thought it is rude to use it.

To the second indents i think most Ukranian do not no languages at all

Bels
08-11-2009, 21:32
Old soviet ideas I think. In British English 5 oclock has no signicance.5 oclock is simply 5 oclock and that's it. 6pm or afternoon tea maybe, but I see nothing about 5pm or 5am as being important. It's a foriegn illusion for those to come with anything like that otherwise. But yet some writers will play around of what is supposed to so.

But how do you really know unless you visit a country and really experience the country in reality.

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 21:33
...:mml: Можно переведить на Американский, "высолький там" :question: :loco: :doh:

I can send funny American slangs text to your mail if you want )) If i remember about the site i will drop you a line

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 21:39
Old soviet ideas I think. In British English 5 oclock has no signicance.5 oclock is simply 5 oclock and that's it. 6pm or afternoon tea maybe, but I see nothing about 5pm or 5am as being important. It's a foriegn illusion for those to come with anything like that otherwise. But yet some writers will play around of what is supposed to so.

But how do you really know unless you visit a country and really experience the country in reality.

Don't you know about MR Holms?:wavey: He drank a tea at 5 o'clock ))

You are right. As for me i am more American language than English one

Bels
08-11-2009, 22:07
Don't you know about MR Holms?:wavey: He drank a tea at 5 o'clock ))

I'm curious. How does this happen when most EFL courses are in British English. And of course you are in Europe after all. However I do often wonder why even simple spelling in the Moscow Times is American, and why Moscow Times often refers football even in european leagues and word cup as soccer when of course it is football, and it is football in the Russian language. And why Moscow Time for example refers to words such as real Estate, when in real English it is estate agency. One will never know how the English language gets so muddled. Look at the English language of products claimed to European, yet in American spelling. What do you see :) FALSE and poor transltion from Russians and Chinese. Russians all I can say is this, learn the difference between American and English English before you dabble in marketing your products as British, European or whatever. Your tranlation is sh?? sometimes.

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 22:16
I'm curious. How does this happen when most EFL courses are in British English. And of course you are in Europe after all. However I do often wonder why even simple spelling in the Moscow Times is American, and why Moscow Times often refers football even in european leagues and word cup as soccer when of course it is football, and it is football in the Russian language. And why Moscow Time for example refers to words such as real Estate, when in real English it is estate agency. One will never know how the English language gets so muddled. Look at the English language of products claimed to European, yet in American spelling. What do you see :) FALSE and poor transltion from Russians and Chinese. Russians all I can say is this, learn the difference between American and English English before you dabble in marketing your products as British, European or whatever. Your tranlation is sh?? sometimes.

Bels you are totally right :11629:

Bels
08-11-2009, 22:28
Bels you are totally right :11629:

Hey! You have stunned me !:) It was a windup. I was reeling up for an argument. And there you go agreeing with me. Like my students nodding their heads yet I am seeking argument. We need our students to be argumentive. But can we get them that way , no we can't. Because it's so much easier for to simply argue. Boy I do try. Teenagers especially especially. I asked them many times. We don't giv a toss. Our parents have sent us here. So what do you give a toss about? Playing computer games :) We don't listen to news, sport or anything else, we just want to relax and play our computer games.

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 22:36

I think the problem is that we (not only russians) use more and more mix of English and American.

That is the world of communication, nobody cares about the purity of the language itslef but information is the most important in communication, not language.

I do not know if it is good or bad, C'est la vie!

The same happens with the Russian language when I watch and leasten to federal channels or radio stations.

I do not speak even about stresses in the words, the speed and intonation of speach.

mistygris
08-11-2009, 22:43

Same for me!!! my teacher at school called me a yankee :trampoline::devil:

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 22:45
Hey! You have stunned me !:) It was a windup. I was reeling up for an argument. And there you go agreeing with me. Like my students nodding their heads yet I am seeking argument. We need our students to be argumentive. But can we get them that way , no we can't. Because it's so much easier for to simply argue. Boy I do try. Teenagers especially especially. I asked them many times. We don't giv a toss. Our parents have sent us here. So what do you give a toss about? Playing computer games :) We don't listen to news, sport or anything else, we just want to relax and play our computer games.

I mean i agree with your previous post about Moscow times newspaper. I do not understand why you have stunned

But can we get them that way , no we can't. Because it's so much easier for to simply argue. Boy I do try. Teenagers especially especially. I asked them many times. We don't giv a toss. Our parents have sent us here. So what do you give a toss about? Playing computer games :) We don't listen to news, sport or anything else, we just want to relax and play our computer games.

When i received the first degree neither i no my friends listened music and anything else we just played PC games and hanged out. I think you did the same when you were at university:verycool:

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 22:45

and mine called my VADIM

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 22:48

LOL My teacher told me: Are you from Harlem? Real English man do not talk so

Bels
08-11-2009, 22:49
I mean i agree with your previous post about Moscow times newspaper. I do not understand why you have stunned

But can we get them that way , no we can't. Because it's so much easier for to simply argue. Boy I do try. Teenagers especially especially. I asked them many times. We don't giv a toss. Our parents have sent us here. So what do you give a toss about? Playing computer games :) We don't listen to news, sport or anything else, we just want to relax and play our computer games.

When i received the first degree neither i no my friends listened music and anything else we just played PC games and hanged out. I think you did the same when you were at university:verycool:

Yeah! :) Shooting balls and tennis ping pong. Yes I was that old :)

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 22:54

As for me, I attended a theatre studio and plaid in it's theatre. No games! No sport!

Bels
08-11-2009, 22:58
I think the problem is that we (not only russians) use more and more mix of English and American.

That is the world of communication, nobody cares about the purity of the language itslef but information is the most important in communication, not language.

I do not know if it is good or bad, C'est la vie!

The same happens with the Russian language when I watch and leasten to federal channels or radio stations.

I do not speak even about stresses in the words, the speed and intonation of speach.

You are doing well. Keep enjoying tv programmes and Movies and tv programmes in British British and American accents, perhaps also documentaries and news, That's all you need at your leval., same as my wife although sh is a linguist Russian and English she needs to continue the practice that she has learnt and not lose what she has got now.She needs more than just me, she needs to continue enjoying our culture and understanding of what is going on in the English language, She should never lose touch of it.

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 22:59
As for me, I attended a theatre studio and plaid in it's theatre. No games! No sport!

I have never understood the theatre

mistygris
08-11-2009, 22:59

For me it was rather sport and going to the cinema, but moving to another uni, made me abandon bo :bash:th

Bels
08-11-2009, 23:02

Just try enjoying simple English international films or tv programmes first. Nothing too heavy in accent.

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 23:04
You are doing well. Keep enjoying tv programmes and Movies and tv programmes in British British and American accents, perhaps also documentaries and news, That's all you need at your leval., same as my wife although sh is a linguist Russian and English she needs to continue the practice that she has learnt and not lose what she has got now.She needs more than just me, she needs to continue enjoying our culture and understanding of what is going on in the English language, She should never lose touch of it.

Thanks! I try doing that. But frankly speaking, I prefer BBC for news, and Universal and SET for films. I faced some problems in understanding Dr. House but no problem with Sex in the City. No problem with BBC either.

But I totaly agree that without practice to maintain the level of the language is impossible. That's why I have lost my French.

mistygris
08-11-2009, 23:05

same for me!! when i was in school they dragged me to ancient greek plays but on a modern way, never understood that...

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 23:07

What do you mean? You do not like it, don't you?

mistygris
08-11-2009, 23:08
But I totaly agree that without practice to maintain the level of the language is impossible. That's why I have lost my French.

:9451: how dare you the most 'beautiful' language in the world ( i don't say it, because it's my mothertongue :applause:)

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 23:12
same for me!! when i was in school they dragged me to ancient greek plays but on a modern way, never understood that...

Actually, a lot depends upon a play, a director and actors.

I can not say that I like all theatres, all plays even in my favourite theatre e.t.c.

But in General I take pleasure out of good performance after which It gives you something (ideas, thoughts, emotions).

And I like playing, it is unbelievable experience: audience, energy, team play and spirit.

mistygris
08-11-2009, 23:18
Actually, a lot depends upon a play, a director and actors.

I can not say that I like all theatres, all plays even in my favourite theatre e.t.c.

But in General I take pleasure out of good performance after which It gives you something (ideas, thoughts, emotions).

And I like playing, it is unbelievable experience: audience, energy, team play and spirit.

In that case you should show me a good play!! :question: because i don't know anything about it

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 23:20
:9451: how dare you the most 'beautiful' language in the world ( i don't say it, because it's my mothertongue :applause:)

Ok, I can speak, but with huge mistakes in everything.

I did have practice and did not have needs to speak (in business).

When I was in France, sure I used only French.

By the way my GF hated me when I spoke, she called the French language to be a bird language and a ground-squirrel language.... (it is her opinion, not mine).

And once she was in laughing hysterics, when i pronounced in Tunisia "Pardon, J'ais perdu"!

Bels
08-11-2009, 23:20
Thanks! I try doing that. But frankly speaking, I prefer BBC for news, and Universal and SET for films. I faced some problems in understanding Dr. House but no problem with Sex in the City. No problem with BBC either.

You understood Sex in the city? Then good for you. I could not stomach that series for more than a few episodes. But as you know it is all a matter of taste. To me a pathetic programme, yet some women loved it. I've got better thing to watch :)

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 23:27
What do you mean? You do not like it, don't you?

I mean i do not like it sorry but i feel myself like in the loony bin when i am in the theatre i do not like false emotions i feel false but when i am watching the movies i can not feel false 'cause i can not see real people

FlakeySnowballer
08-11-2009, 23:29
You understood Sex in the city? Then good for you. I could not stomach that series for more than a few episodes. But as you know it is all a matter of taste. To me a pathetic programme, yet some women loved it. I've got better thing to watch :)

I like Chastlivy v mecte or married with child in American version. It is so fan

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 23:30

I do not understand many things there but not language...

It is interesting for me from the point of view of phycology of women behavour + the film is light-minded or just light to be watched after work.

Though I am a bit tired of the series indeed.

Actually Sex, Mentalist and Dr House (my favourite) have good time when I can be at home...

I have SET, Universal, Hallmark, TV 1000 (there are just films), MGM (the same), Ski Fi (do not like at all), Fox life, Fox crime, so other channels do not show anything better.

Can you recommend anything better (I have got Akado)?

tvadim133
08-11-2009, 23:41
I mean i do not like it sorry but i feel myself like in the loony bin when i am in the theatre i do not like false emotions i feel false but when i am watching the movies i can not feel false 'cause i can not see real people

I see your points.

Sometimes it is a miracle when in plaing there is born of real emotions, love and energy. that is a theatre, the scene can not be reiterated as it was yesterday for example. + the language of theatre (aesthetics).

Try "Sovremennik".

Bels
08-11-2009, 23:48
I do not understand many things there but not language...

It is interesting for me from the point of view of phycology of women behavour + the film is light-minded or just light to be watched after work.

Though I am a bit tired of the series indeed.

Actually Sex, Mentalist and Dr House (my favourite) have good time when I can be at home...

I have SET, Universal, Hallmark, TV 1000 (there are just films), MGM (the same), Ski Fi (do not like at all), Fox life, Fox crime, so other channels do not show anything better.

Can you recommend anything better (I have got Akado)?

My wife and family often ask when I have my headphones on watching a good movie or tv series of why Ilook so emotional at times. That only goes to show how a good series or movie might be.Do you mean to say you don't have good tv series or movies in Russia where you feel so emotional?

Perhaps I should start a thread of giving liks emotional programmes. And you can check for yourself if yo have no effect on your emotions in watching such programmes.

FlakeySnowballer
11-11-2009, 22:02
My wife and family often ask when I have my headphones on watching a good movie or tv series of why Ilook so emotional at times. That only goes to show how a good series or movie might be.Do you mean to say you don't have good tv series or movies in Russia where you feel so emotional?

Perhaps I should start a thread of giving liks emotional programmes. And you can check for yourself if yo have no effect on your emotions in watching such programmes.

There are some russian movies and series were you can feel emotions. To name a few Lubov-Morkov, Ryazanov movies and so on:ok:

Bels
11-11-2009, 22:15
There are some russian movies and series were you can feel emotions. To name a few Lubov-Morkov, Ryazanov movies and so on:ok:

Thank you for that. I hope one day to rach that stage beond having to use Russian when necessary. I think it is about ime I learnt Russian culture to enjoy, rather than the minimum required necessary. It is difficult, and if you ask my Russians about enjoying they will say the same.

You have got me thinking. Should I be trying to set an example? Yet I am hooked on English speaking movies and tv programmes. But yes I will think about trying to enjoy the Russian culture.

FlakeySnowballer
11-11-2009, 22:27
Thank you for that. I hope one day to rach that stage beond having to use Russian when necessary. I think it is about ime I learnt Russian culture to enjoy, rather than the minimum required necessary. It is difficult, and if you ask my Russians about enjoying they will say the same.

You have got me thinking. Should I be trying to set an example? Yet I am hooked on English speaking movies and tv programmes. But yes I will think about trying to enjoy the Russian culture.

As for me i like only russian old movies (The soviet comedies are splanding:ok:) and some new ones which have foreign stamp (as a lobov-morkov, chastlivy vmecte etc) to my thinking american movies is the best also

TC0241
11-11-2009, 23:16
I work in IT but processes not technology

Bels
11-11-2009, 23:28
As for me i like only russian old movies (The soviet comedies are splanding:ok:) and some new ones which have foreign stamp (as a lobov-morkov, chastlivy vmecte etc) to my thinking american movies is the best also

Hope you are not getting mixed up. Many British movies are brilliant and most certainly tv programmes. Some get muddled and confused of which is which.

Believe there is a massive investment of British movie culture export on the the way in oncoming years. The government at last returning to invest on British movies. Yet another invasion to USA and the world without a doubt.

tvadim133
11-11-2009, 23:35
At least, british movies have brilliant sence of humour, better taste.

I am mad about the old series based on stories written by Woodhouse, as an example.

I bought all his books about the master and his servant (I would say the servant and hIs master), but movie is more interesting even.

NadiaBaptista
11-11-2009, 23:47
Hey, I'm an English Teach, absolutely luv my job :trampoline: And here's a brilliant British comic on British and American movies - YouTube- Brit vs. U.S. Movies - Eddie Izzard

FlakeySnowballer
12-11-2009, 00:05
Hope you are not getting mixed up. Many British movies are brilliant and most certainly tv programmes. Some get muddled and confused of which is which.

Believe there is a massive investment of British movie culture export on the the way in oncoming years. The government at last returning to invest on British movies. Yet another invasion to USA and the world without a doubt.

I understand you but i do not understand British humor. To name a few Little Britain. To my mind it is not funny at all

Allusya
14-11-2009, 14:04
I'm a Linguist and work as Translator/Interpreter. Adore my work, made up my mind to acquire this profession at the age of 8 and never regretted of the choice!!!:) Especially interested in etymology of words, lexical connotations, linguistic means to render and express thoughts...

GaNozri
14-11-2009, 14:40
I'm an innovative entrepreneur. Right now, I'm working on a very exciting project of reforming the Russian porta-pottie industry. I will be taking it to the next level by bringing these hi-tech devices to market: Яндекс.Картинки: портативные туалеты (http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?p=6&ed=1&text=%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5%20%D1%82%D1%83%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8B&spsite=doctorvlad.com&img_url=doctorvlad.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F05%2Fportable-toilet-2q.jpg&rpt=simage)

P.S. Looking for distributors. Earnings potential unlimited!

Bels
14-11-2009, 14:50
I'm an innovative entrepreneur. Right now, I'm working on a very exciting project of reforming the Russian porta-pottie industry. I will be taking it to the next level by bringing these hi-tech devices to market: Яндекс.Картинки: портативные туалеты (http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?p=6&ed=1&text=%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5%20%D1%82%D1%83%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8B&spsite=doctorvlad.com&img_url=doctorvlad.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F05%2Fportable-toilet-2q.jpg&rpt=simage)

P.S. Looking for distributors. Earnings potential unlimited!

Ever heard of the boy that cried wolf :) One of these days you are going to be serious and nobody here is going to believe you. Cardboard port potties indeed.

OOps. They were laughing about the possible success of internet at one time.