PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask for advice?

principessa
12-01-2005, 18:59
hi!

Guys, a brief question...what do you do when instead of enjoying of life, people you are surrounded with, your job , etc, etc in a moment you feel absolutely sad, don't want to do a thing, everything seems in dark colors and you feel to be tired of everything!!!

How do you cope? Actually I have no reasons to be upset ...no reasons. But I feel terribly now.........

God...Did not think that I would ever write such a notice.......

principessa

85StoneWhiteFurball
12-01-2005, 19:05
Take a long walk....cook or repair something/do something physical that is constructive...shop for meaningless but necessary items...listen to music...play with my cats...lie down for a while...get drunk (NOT - that makes things worse)!

Goose0009
12-01-2005, 19:13
I find all my answers at the bottom of a beer bottle.

Ledka
12-01-2005, 19:15
I guess it's pretty normal and healthy to have sad moods sometimes. You can't be always happy and smiling. You won't be able to enjoy the pleasures of life then. And your mood is ok for every woman once a month.

Polia Ivanova
12-01-2005, 19:47
take vitamins - it looks like you need it.

Do things you enjoy even if you think that people will disapprove it, don't watch Russian TV, read books and watch movies with happy end.

Midlife crisis? I had one last year it is over now.

MDW
12-01-2005, 19:50
http://encycl.yandex.ru/cgi-bin/art.pl?art=pharma/rls0006/Negrustin.html&encpage=pharma

Blue Jean
12-01-2005, 20:25
Originally posted by principessa
hi!

Guys, a brief question...what do you do when instead of enjoying of life, people you are surrounded with, your job , etc, etc in a moment you feel absolutely sad, don't want to do a thing, everything seems in dark colors and you feel to be tired of everything!!!

How do you cope? Actually I have no reasons to be upset ...no reasons. But I feel terribly now.........

God...Did not think that I would ever write such a notice.......

principessa
I'd say it resembles depression, but I wouldn't like to go that far. When I feel crappy, i usually work out in a gym - it seems to help. If it's serious, it's better to find a good therapist (though it's not the best solution either - it never worked in my case :( ). You know, it will pass anyway, no matter how bad you feel :)

principessa
12-01-2005, 20:39
GUYS!!!!!!

Thank you all! Actually it seems that I've exaggerated a bit ;-))
Uff...Now feel really better!

It was altogether simultaniously and I turned out to be toooooo :-) impressive.

But I did not expect so many answers!!!!!!!! This actually is the best measure against the depression! Sincerely!

Cheers for you alll!!!!!!!!!

And smiles ;-))))))))

your Principessa ;-)

Namibia
12-01-2005, 20:51
Find a Stalin Skyscraper and JUMP!

:D

Namibia
12-01-2005, 20:58
Sorry. Did not mean it that drastic!

Know how it feels in moscow!

RDV
12-01-2005, 20:59
Great to hear that you feel better now!

Distraction is agreat short-term solution. Hope you will eventually deal with the problem (one at a time if there are several) that made you feel this way.

P.I.M.P.
12-01-2005, 21:04
The weather in Moscow is relatively amazing for this time of year. It was great just to get away from work for a bit and take a walk in the neighborhood. Nice and sunny. Sun helps with mild depression.

Smurfette
12-01-2005, 22:18
Go shopping, buy something lovely. Have a large mug of hot chocolate, nice hot bubble bath, give yourself a manicure, watch favourite chick flick. Call your best friend/mum/boyfriend - whoever. Go to the gym - release those endorphines - natures pick me ups.

Life gets everyone down once in a while - sometimes I'd just like it to stop for a while so I can get my bearings and recover but since that isn't an option best thing is to just take little 'time outs' every so often to remind yourself that you're wonderful!

garyburton
12-01-2005, 22:29
Go on a nice holiday somewhere hot and exotic, forget about everybody and everything

Leslie Presley
12-01-2005, 22:47
@ principessa

Despair is perfectly compatible with a good dinner, I promise you!

CaveMan
12-01-2005, 23:04
Originally posted by Goose0009
I find all my answers at the bottom of a beer bottle.

and sometimes questions....

85StoneWhiteFurball
12-01-2005, 23:13
I find my questions in the bottom of an absinthe bottle - as in why did I drink the whole thing at once :)?

stefania2003
12-01-2005, 23:20
Leave Russia?

jchidg1
13-01-2005, 18:13
Go travelling in a country where life is really, really sh*t. It's great for getting things into perspective!

would it hurt you to pur a '*' in place of a letter and save me having to do it with a hangover?...MOD

ctinlee
15-01-2005, 00:14
hi principessa. i hope u read this reply. i know exactly how it feels cause i am facing the same problem 2 weeks ago. well, i can say the best way is to find a friend to be with and talk about your problems. I hope this helps. Find your friend and talk about it. Face it. If you can't talk, then email or ICQ. it makes u feel better, and "time" of course always proven can heal! You will feel much better after a day, a month or even a year.

zombee
15-01-2005, 00:31
Yeah - go somewhere like Chebokshary and live like a queen among the peasants for 3-4 days.... it will cost less less than half of what you'd pay for drinks with friends at the Platinum Club. www.sanatory-chuvashia.ru

jchidg1
15-01-2005, 00:37
ooooops, sorry MOD.

principessa
15-01-2005, 16:49
THA_A_A_A_A_A_NKS!!!! ;-)))

With all your advice life seems to be pretty more colourful!!!!!! ;-)

Cheers!!

your principessa ;-)))

Dreamcatcher
17-01-2005, 06:24
Crosstich...it helps me to be relaxed :)

trebor
17-01-2005, 07:52
Originally posted by Smurfette
Go shopping, buy something lovely.............

Right on, works for me everytime. Buy that special something you have been promising yourself...............now!

sUbsTANce
17-01-2005, 22:44
having sex helps every time:)) im surprised noone's mentioned that actually

moscowmail
18-01-2005, 08:59
To those with a depression
Or something with your mind is messin
Stop, deep breathing
And it will release the peaving

Sometimes for a distraction
(its so bad I get offered traction)
I write really crappy Rhymes
And say bye to my sad times

In all seriousness, any of you feeling a bit low or sad, genuinely, then share it with us or a few peeps here on the site, we all have our bad days that can sometimes last forever, or so it seems.

Basic things will help, Smurfette gave some good examples, so did 85 boy, walking, fresh air etc, also a few others mentioned a holiday, God I need one :), but it ain't always possible.

Just DO NOT let it get you down, enjoy life :) we only get once chance

Sadie
18-01-2005, 09:16
Originally posted by sUbsTANce
having sex helps every time:)) im surprised noone's mentioned that actually

noone knows what it is, we are more into shopping here