PDA

View Full Version : Che Gevara club and their face-control

Natella S.
02-11-2009, 12:18
Hi to everybody! ))

Again I am writing about the club Che Gevara and it's face-control.

It's placed on Nikolskaya street, near Kitay-gorod metro station

They have a brilliant group there who sing cubian songs and after the concerts there is a nice discoteque under latin-american dance hits. It's really amazing there.

Last Saturday, on 31 October, my male friend and I went to Che Gevara club. The face-controll didn't allow me. I was in this club around 1,5 ago twice. Though, after that they didn't let me in for 3 times. After the first time they didn't allow me to get in I didn't show in that place for 6 months. Then decided to show this club to my boy-friend, and they didn't let us come in. After several months I wanted to show this place to my friend who is 42 and they refused me for the 2nd time. And last Saturday, on Halloween night, when I came with my boyfriend who is 30, though looks 25, they refused me again. I am 22, slim and tall, wih a long dark hair. I was wearing a long dark coat which covered my legs but still showed my feagure and height and a round heat with a long white furr which brings up my eyes. The question is - why they didn't let me come in? Any ideas? Also those who were not allowed to get in Che Gevara, please share your stories.

mistygris
02-11-2009, 13:40
For halloween you had to make reservation for a table.... that's what they told us, when wanted to get in :nut:

Natella S.
02-11-2009, 16:16
For halloween you had to make reservation for a table.... that's what they told us, when wanted to get in :nut:

They said that they only let only those in who had club cards. I told that I came for the first time and that was why didn't have a card. They answered that there was admission by club cards that night. Though, it's a common excuse of non-allowance to get in.

Willy
02-11-2009, 17:12
Hi to everybody! ))

Again I am writing about the club Che Gevara and it's face-control.

It's placed on Nikolskaya street, near Kitay-gorod metro station

They have a brilliant group there who sing cubian songs and after the concerts there is a nice discoteque under latin-american dance hits. It's really amazing there.

Last Saturday, on 31 October, my male friend and I went to Che Gevara club. The face-controll didn't allow me. I was in this club around 1,5 ago twice. Though, after that they didn't let me in for 3 times. After the first time they didn't allow me to get in I didn't show in that place for 6 months. Then decided to show this club to my boy-friend, and they didn't let us come in. After several months I wanted to show this place to my friend who is 42 and they refused me for the 2nd time. And last Saturday, on Halloween night, when I came with my boyfriend who is 30, though looks 25, they refused me again. I am 22, slim and tall, wih a long dark hair. I was wearing a long dark coat which covered my legs but still showed my feagure and height and a round heat with a long white furr which brings up my eyes. The question is - why they didn't let me come in? Any ideas? Also those who were not allowed to get in Che Gevara, please share your stories.

Please post your photos so we might assess the situation better.

tvadim133
02-11-2009, 18:06
It seemd to me, that it is not just your place!

It is your destiny which prevents you from going there....:5387:

Do not worry, and take it easy!

But you photo will help!

Natella S.
02-11-2009, 23:16

But you photo will help!

Hi,

I have sent you a link where you can find my pictures in a private message.

Cheers,
Natella

Natella S.
02-11-2009, 23:18

Hi Willy,

I have sent you a link where you can find my pictures in a private message.

Cheers,
Natella

robertmf
02-11-2009, 23:21
hi willy,

i have sent you a link where you can find my pictures in a private message.

Cheers,
natella

Я тоже, я тоже !!-:) :10518:

Moscowforever
02-11-2009, 23:27
I went in there once...its ok, not great at all.
Another time they didnt let me in. I laughed, walked away and will never spend a ruble there again.

Natella S.
02-11-2009, 23:36
I went in there once...its ok, not great at all.
Another time they didnt let me in. I laughed, walked away and will never spend a ruble there again.

Hi Moscowforever,

Are you a male or a female? Could not understand it by your page.

I have been in there twice and I like the life latino music and latino discoteque a lot. Though, I agree that the club's style is not very well done. Also it's too small.

Natella S.
02-11-2009, 23:38
Я тоже, я тоже !!-:) :10518:

Hi,

Have you been in Che? What do you think about not letting me in Che?

robertmf
02-11-2009, 23:49
Hi,

Have you been in Che? What do you think about not letting me in Che?

I'd lose my security clearance if I went into a club named, "Che" :(

What was the reason for not letting you in ...ummm... I would say the doorman/bouncer wanted a bribe.

Natella S.
02-11-2009, 23:54
I'd lose my security clearance if I went into a club named, "Che" :(

What was the real reason for not letting you in ?:reindeer:

What do you mean by "security clearance"?

That is the question. I opened this thread to know people's opinions based on their own experience or that of their friends.

Frida
03-11-2009, 12:53
Hi,
I am looking for clubs which would be visited by Cubans and guys from Latin America because I am dancing. Che is not my choice))) It's expensive. Where can I find the place. Many years ago there was a very nice club in Drovyanoy pereulok. I liked Aruba too but now it's empty((( and not for dancing(((

mistygris
03-11-2009, 19:17
Hi,
I am looking for clubs which would be visited by Cubans and guys from Latin America because I am dancing. Che is not my choice))) It's expensive. Where can I find the place. Many years ago there was a very nice club in Drovyanoy pereulok. I liked Aruba too but now it's empty((( and not for dancing(((

Here follow the next link i'm sure you'll find som places! mediterranean is a good place to dance :)

Salsa in Moscow, Russia! - Salsa Power Salsa Cities! (http://www.salsapower.com/cities/russia_moscow.htm)

Natella S.
07-11-2009, 13:05

But you photo will help!

Hi Vadim,

I have sent you my pictures. Did they help you understand my not being let in Che?

Natella S.
07-11-2009, 13:07

Hi, Willy,

So what did my photos say to you?

tvadim133
07-11-2009, 13:40
Hi Vadim,

I have sent you my pictures. Did they help you understand my not being let in Che?

Unfortunately, I can not open the link, becuase I am not registered in the site and would like to register.....:confused:

is4fun
07-11-2009, 14:59
Hi,

Poncho Villas on Ockabrskaya. Forget about finding a seat before 8 pm though any night of the week. Its ok to stand but the dance floor is small and packed with people every night. Prices, Food and services are fantastic. No face control. Live band every night (Always Latino). Free dance lessons by staff on some nights. Cover after 7:00 PM is 150 Rubles.

haghj00
08-11-2009, 14:13
I just went to the club che website, so many ugly peoplet here, you sure they have face control?

:)

maccaddy17
08-11-2009, 14:41
yeap they call in members nite,or ask to show up with ur club card or need a table.
i think theres sum smoke fest:bong: goin on there or maybe a MEETING....LOL

maccaddy17
10-11-2009, 03:17
Hi,

papa's place.tuesday nights are salsa nites if im nt wrong....my friend lives with a Peruvian,they do that quite often.Salsa....:1306:

Willy
11-11-2009, 15:40
Hi, Willy,

So what did my photos say to you?

I couldn't see any photos, could you just PM them?

mistygris
15-11-2009, 17:10
Poncho Villas on Ockabrskaya. Forget about finding a seat before 8 pm though any night of the week. Its ok to stand but the dance floor is small and packed with people every night. Prices, Food and services are fantastic. No face control. Live band every night (Always Latino). Free dance lessons by staff on some nights. Cover after 7:00 PM is 150 Rubles.

Went there yesterday, nice place!!! :beerbros::mml:

BigSpaseeba
16-11-2009, 09:59
The real Che would be disgusted at this boring club for posers. If he showed up at the door they wouldn't even let him in.

mjts
16-11-2009, 10:56
not a clue....

Natella S.
16-11-2009, 11:59

Once I am using my stationary computer where I keep my photos I will send them to you.

sportbilly
28-11-2009, 23:23
and where may the best place in Moscow to go to meet nice local ladies ;)

And I don't mean any dodgy establishments with prostitutes!

lady A
03-12-2009, 22:46
Hi,

Hi Frida,

So did you find a place worth of visiting?:7534:

TatiMoscow
25-12-2009, 05:42
There are have always been complaints regarding FC at Che. I was there in October with a Brazilian show. Some friends of us (Russian girls, quite normal-looking) were not let in, thanks the art director who helped.

robertmf
25-12-2009, 06:12

Are you a betting man, **Willy** :question:

What do you think happens first ...

1. You get the photos

--or--

2. Natella S. gets into Che ?-:devil: :trampoline:

Natella S.
25-12-2009, 12:41
The real Che would be disgusted at this boring club for posers. If he showed up at the door they wouldn't even let him in.

You are right. I liked your joke :-))) Which place with a good latino music though intelligent people do you know?

quincy
25-12-2009, 14:17
You are right. I liked your joke :-))) Which place with a good latino music though intelligent people do you know?

interesting question. By the way, people in Brazil (the largest south American country) don't call their music 'latino'. The term 'latino' probably was invented in the US to mean everything from the Mexican border to the tip of south America

Swordfish90293
26-12-2009, 11:07
interesting question. By the way, people in Brazil (the largest south American country) don't call their music 'latino'. The term 'latino' probably was invented in the US to mean everything from the Mexican border to the tip of south America

Latino is the correct term. Hispanic is the misnomer.

quincy
26-12-2009, 11:30
Latino is the correct term. Hispanic is the misnomer.

no one here is discussing 'hispanic'. Read my post again. Correct, according to who?

pelicans
03-01-2010, 21:09
Face control is bizarre altogether.

katerina
12-01-2010, 19:14
and do you now some other clubs in Moscow with Cuba dancers?

katerina
12-01-2010, 19:15
Cosy and not very expensive?

katerina
12-01-2010, 19:15
and not far from the center?

katerina
12-01-2010, 19:16
Thanks a lot

NikolaIvanov
13-01-2010, 12:04
Hello all, I will be coming to Moscow in April, and since I am a reggae freak would like to go and check a reggae bar in Moscow, do you know if there is one there and where is it? Thanks in advance

orlando771
14-01-2010, 14:59
i stoped going out to night clubs who has face controls, i have never been turned away from any club but these kinds of rules make me sick.and once you get in the club you see no difference about the people who werent alloved, some of them even uglier, and bouncers at the doors; i wonder if they ever look at the mirror. and now i just go to smaller places and get good service and treatment..

ogenoct
28-01-2010, 20:45
My friend and I did not get in Che either. Face control is nonsense. I hate it. I have also stopped going to places that still practice this ridiculous ritual. If you want to degrade yourself, go to a club with face control.

tvadim133
28-01-2010, 21:06
My friend and I did not get in Che either. Face control is nonsense. I hate it. I have also stopped going to places that still practice this ridiculous ritual. If you want to degrade yourself, go to a club with face control.

I do not know, how people can "redrade" in going to clubs with face control....

Nevertheless clubbing and face control are part of a game sometimes.

I was stopped twice in my life and can say it was more connected with my friends (a bit drunk americans (no matter the country of origin) and over loading of the club.

Ant the first time it was in London. :) :)

Vadim
28-01-2010, 21:44
I was stopped twice in my life and can say it was more connected with my friends

It happened to me once many years ago. I did ask door men (there were nearly half a dozen of them) what was the point and got a response, something like "В ДРУГОЙ РАЗ ВЫБИРАЙТЕ СЕБЕ ПРАВИЛЬНУЮ КОМПАНИЮ". I do genuinely believe, it was not a fair reason. I had never been to that place in Moscow before, neither alone, nor with friends, but was refused anyway. More, I was not drunk, it was in early hours (of the night) and was dressed in a proper way (coming directly from a work place), etc. Still guessing why did this happen and why did they say that.

Natella S.
28-01-2010, 22:28
It happened to me once many years ago. I did ask door men (there were nearly half a dozen of them) what was the point and got a response, something like "В ДРУГОЙ РАЗ ВЫБИРАЙТЕ СЕБЕ ПРАВИЛЬНУЮ КОМПАНИЮ". I do genuinely believe, it was not a fair reason. I had never been to that place in Moscow before, neither alone, nor with friends, but was refused anyway. More, I was not drunk, it was in early hours (of the night) and was dressed in a proper way (coming directly from a work place), etc. Still guessing why did this happen and why did they say that.

Vadim,

I think that the door man meant what he said. He must haven't liked the people or one of them who accompanied you that evening. Have you gone to Che Gevara?

Vadim
28-01-2010, 22:33
Thanks Natalia. I was alone, friends were expected later that night. Doesn't matter anyway :-)

ogenoct
29-01-2010, 12:15
Nevertheless clubbing and face control are part of a game sometimes.

No, it is completely unacceptable. It is not "a game." It is an insult. The last time I wanted to get into Bilingua, the doorman wanted to see my passport. I told him to f--- himself. Naturally. I wonder what kind of moron actually showed the doorman his passport. How much more degrading can it get? Moscow sucks big time in this regard. Clubbing in Moscow is a sport for masochists.

gek roken
03-02-2010, 17:54
I had a lover who loved this place we've been there together and with his friends 5 times or more. They know and remember him. When i showed up there with my friend once they didnt let us in. No idea why. Fortunatelly i'm not such a big fan of this place, i prefer McCoy. So i don't really care about the reason