PDA

View Full Version : Brader's Evil Cat !

Moscow Wolf
09-01-2005, 18:43
http://www.baklanov.net/ZIP/PIC/COMP/235.jpg

Braders
09-01-2005, 21:19
That can't be my Cat, the apartment's too much of a mess!

Moscow Wolf
12-01-2005, 05:11
Oi, cat expert besides bashing its little paws with me steak hammer, how do I stop the little git scratching my leather divan to bits? Its already banned from the bedroom and the living room, its only got the kitchen and my office room plus the communial areas left as 'on limits'. It's your fault Braders, you befriended the little tike! Grrrrrrrrr.

85StoneWhiteFurball
12-01-2005, 09:06
Answer is to purchase scratching posts from any of the better zoomagaziny and either affix them to the wall or leave them on the floor nearest the furniture which your cat likes to scratch.

jules
12-01-2005, 12:43
There's also a kind of spray that you can get at some pet stores, spray it on your furniture and the cat will avoid it, in theory. Never tried it. I just have all of my furniture covered in IKEA dropcovers, the cats don't like to scratch it so they concentrate on the carpets instead. :rolleyes:

Also, get a pair of claw clippers (like small thick scissors with a round sharp indentation) - their claws do far less damage if they aren't sharp. Clipping doesn't hurt as long as you don't clip far enough back to cut the blood vessel. My vet recommended clipping.

Have you 'fixed' the cat yet? That's another way to cut down on the manic energy they seem to have... ;)

Moscow Wolf
12-01-2005, 14:17
'Fixed' her!! No, I haven't done anything yet except feed it continously and stroke it. Its still limping, but is much better than when it arrived. It doesn't appear to be in any discomfort. I will get a Vet in at some stage to give it the once over, (Braders is paying)! Probably needs worming although I don't see any eggs in her stools. I don't see any evidence of fleas either, but I'm no expert on felines, I'm much better acquainted with canines.

Mookla
14-01-2005, 03:02
Have you tried public humiliation ? One body part shaved for every piece of furniture scratched ?

zcyka
15-01-2005, 19:49
The public humiliation worked for my ex's cat. He'd get a wild hair occasionally and think he was being smart by not using the litter box. He eventually looked like he's gotten to the same barber as Mookla's cat in the pic... always a clean and tidy cat after that. Couldn't stand my ex laughing at him and calling him "cute". :eek: :p

norwichmom
20-01-2005, 11:45
Love the pic of the shaved cat!

Shara
28-01-2005, 16:33
Oh now that's a great idea. My cat gets angry when people aren't home and poos on things. Not cute to come home to a large turd on the bed. (why are they so much larger when she's angry than when she just goes in the box?)

85StoneWhiteFurball
28-01-2005, 17:09
Originally posted by jules
There's also a kind of spray that you can get at some pet stores, spray it on your furniture and the cat will avoid it, in theory. Never tried it. I just have all of my furniture covered in IKEA dropcovers, the cats don't like to scratch it so they concentrate on the carpets instead. :

The spray is garbage; it attracts cats. I also go the IKEA slipcover route - mine are so ugly that even the cats don't want to look at them so they stay off the furniture :)!