PDA

View Full Version : Can you receive work visa while in Russia on another visa type?

Bogatyr
24-10-2009, 10:32
My situation is changing yet again -- I may have an offer to work for a US-based company in Russia, but this time in my preferred Saint Petersburg. They say they will arrange work visa and work permit if I'm hired. But we don't want to wait around here in the US the 1-3 months that will take, we're ready to move right now. If I get a "delovaya" 90 day visa in order to enter Russia and wait for the work visa/permit to come through, would I have to leave Russia in order to get the work visa into my passport (so I can stay longer in Russia while waiting for the TRP, and start work once the work permit is approved, without having to leave again)?

If I do have to leave Russia in order to get the work visa once it's approved, would I be able to pick it up via a run to Helsinki? Or would I have to return to the US?

snowbars
24-10-2009, 22:03
Status of your visa CANNOT be changed while you are in Russia. You will have to leave and re-enter on the work visa.

If for example you come to Russia on 90 day or 1 year "delovaya"Business visa the status of this cannot be changed to Work visa.

However if you are already in Russia on a work permit visa which is expiring and want to renew it through new employer or get Rep company visa...then you do not have to leave Russia as status of your visa in both cases is WORK.

is4fun
24-10-2009, 22:36
Status of your visa CANNOT be changed while you are in Russia. You will have to leave and re-enter on the work visa.

If for example you come to Russia on 90 day or 1 year "delovaya"Business visa the status of this cannot be changed to Work visa.

However if you are already in Russia on a work permit visa which is expiring and want to renew it through new employer or get Rep company visa...then you do not have to leave Russia as status of your visa in both cases is WORK.

snowbars is correct.

Bogatyr
24-10-2009, 23:27
snowbars is correct.

Thanks for the information.

(Presumably there is one exception: receiving the Temporary Residency Permit, which cancels the current visa and replaces it in your passport, right?)

snowbars
25-10-2009, 08:45
Presumably there is one exception: receiving the Temporary Residency Permit, which cancels the current visa and replaces it in your passport, right?)

This is correct

Matroshkin
26-10-2009, 15:12
Da, that is what i did , came here on a tourist visa and waited for my temporary residency to be approved. Then applied for my work permit after that