PDA

View Full Version : my experience at the Expat Salon

smchilds
22-10-2009, 23:10
This might not go in the "frugal" section, but I don't know where else to put it, so...
After avoiding salons for the past 5 years here, I decided to try the Expat Salon. I had a facial, and to be honest I was very satisfied. The lady who did it was quite professional (though she had very limited English), and the results of the treatment are really nice. I also think it's more reasonably priced than I expected (at least the facials - haircuts seem kind of expensive) because I paid about the same as I pay in the US. I am going back next week.

yelena12
23-10-2009, 23:14
What was the price and what was included in your facial? I'm trying to compare to the place that I usually go to on Smolenskaya that has gotten much worse these days. Thanks

smchilds
30-10-2009, 12:27
First I had "deep pore cleansing." It lasted 90 minutes and included different masks, pore extraction, and a hand massage. It cost 4200 rubles. It's a little expensive, but not very, in my opinion.

When I went back I had a different facial for problem skin. It lasted about 50 minutes, included different masks and a light peel, and cost 4500 rubles. It was a bit too expensive, I think. She told me that I should have that facial twice per week for a series of weeks :doh:

Actually, since the cosmetologist there doesn't even speak English, I might be glad to find another cosmetologist who gives nice facials for a little bit less money (maybe 3000 rubles). Any recommendations would be welcome.

drwho
30-10-2009, 12:31
First I had "deep pore cleansing." It lasted 90 minutes and included different masks, pore extraction, and a hand massage. It cost 4200 rubles. It's a little expensive, but not very, in my opinion.

When I went back I had a different facial for problem skin. It lasted about 50 minutes, included different masks and a light peel, and cost 4500 rubles. It was a bit too expensive, I think. She told me that I should have that facial twice per week for a series of weeks :doh:

Actually, since the cosmetologist there doesn't even speak English, I might be glad to find another cosmetologist who gives nice facials for a little bit less money (maybe 3000 rubles). Any recommendations would be welcome.

On a similar theme does anyone know a good foot person (I cant spell it) I have hard skin that needs scraping off. Any contacts appreciated. Thanks.

Scatterling
30-10-2009, 13:55
On a similar theme does anyone know a good foot person (I cant spell it) I have hard skin that needs scraping off. Any contacts appreciated. Thanks.

Me too! I'm looking for beauty salon where I can get my nails done, pedicures, sunbed, waxes etc. All the stuff we girls can't live without.... But without the exuberant prices. :gorgeous:

smchilds
30-10-2009, 18:19
Well, you need to find places off the beaten path. Definitely not salons in huge shopping centers or on main streets. However, I don't really know what to expect to pay. A salon just opened in the building next to mine. They charge 10rub/minute for tanning and 200rub for eyebrow shaping. I am going to give them a try.

Scatterling
30-10-2009, 18:54
Well, you need to find places off the beaten path. Definitely not salons in huge shopping centers or on main streets. However, I don't really know what to expect to pay. A salon just opened in the building next to mine. They charge 10rub/minute for tanning and 200rub for eyebrow shaping. I am going to give them a try.

Great! Keep us posted, might just be the what we're looking for. What area is that?

OuterSpace
31-10-2009, 00:42
I used to there when i was newcomer and it was fu..ng expensive !

MissAnnElk
17-11-2009, 19:09

Any pedicure place can do that. You don't need a chiropodist.