PDA

View Full Version : Private invitation visa registration

Bachu
21-10-2009, 21:13
Suppose if I come to Moscow by "Private invitation visa". Where should I register? Is there any need to register like tourist VISA?

Bels
21-10-2009, 21:33
You are registered at the inviters address. The work comes from the inviter by going to FMS and getting you an invitation. They have the most work and hassle. You just need to receive that invitation to fill in your visa form with this invitation. Most useful if you have girl friend or boyfriend. I think it's the best way nowadays. Three months and then you have to return for another on , untill you have been accepted as a resident.

Once receiving this personal invitation everything is easy on your part on applying for visa. As yeally do need that invitation.

NadiaBaptista
21-10-2009, 21:49
Most useful if you have girl friend or boyfriend. I think it's the best way nowadays
Most useful, but not necessary. When I did the invitation they didn't bother asking or checking how I am related to the person I'm inviting. As long as the person doing the invitation for you can show some sufficient funds which in their eyes guarantees that the inviter is gonna take care of you if anything happens, should be no problems with getting it. It also takes some time, it is usually done within 2-3 weeks on applying for it. And yeah, the most work is for the inviting side. Just gotta find someone who would care to do it all for you :)

NadiaBaptista
21-10-2009, 21:59
p.s. to be registered again you need the help of the inviting side. Both of you will have to go to the FMS or there's an option of doing it at the closest post office. There you will get an application form where you fill in all the appropriate details, then you make copies of yours and the inviting side's p**** your visa and migration card and send it all to the FMS that issued the invitation for you. They charge you some 200-300 rubles for it as well. If any questions, they should be able to help you along the procedure.

Judge
21-10-2009, 23:29
Like Nadia said, the post office is the best place to register.It's an in and out job,takes less than 5mins.

Benedikt
22-10-2009, 07:49
Like Nadia said, the post office is the best place to register.It's an in and out job,takes less than 5mins.

at the Post office they will register you ONLY if you immigration card shows arrival within the last 3 days. Post office works on saturday, so do NOT count saturday as day off.
And do not count on it that every post office has a working copier or that they will do copies for you.

Dave78
26-10-2009, 11:59
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the post office only registers for stays up to two-three weeks and anything beyond that, better do it at OVIR. Am I wrong?

NadiaBaptista
27-10-2009, 00:53
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the post office only registers for stays up to two-three weeks and anything beyond that, better do it at OVIR. Am I wrong?

I assume that's not exactly so, based on my personal experience - I registered a friend who stayed here for 3 months through the post office and everything was just fine)) As for staying longer than 3 months I would think you would have to go to FMS (the one that issued your invitation), but probably it's best you or the inviting side call them and ask about it.

petra
09-11-2009, 15:44
Suppose if I come to Moscow by "Private invitation visa". Where should I register? Is there any need to register like tourist VISA?

Belt is right - a person or company inviting you could make a registration for you. It's an easy procedure, you do not need even to go with them. Your passport first page copy, copy of your present visa and migration card are required. Registration could last as long as your visa validity.

KLi
13-11-2009, 20:20
Anyone know what currently is the longest period of validity for private visa?

Bels
14-11-2009, 17:04
Anyone know what currently is the longest period of validity for private visa?

90 days

Bels
14-11-2009, 17:07
Belt is right - a person or company inviting you could make a registration for you. It's an easy procedure, you do not need even to go with them. Your passport first page copy, copy of your present visa and migration card are required. Registration could last as long as your visa validity.

Very true, my wife did the registration for me, and I wasn;t there.

mindthegapnapoli
20-11-2009, 13:47
Hello there...I'm an Italian citizen who loves visiting Russia...I've been there many times and every time I go there I always find something new and amazing, I will never be bored about this country...The only one problem for me was to get the visa, every time I had to attend a long and expensive applying process...Recently I found a very useful website which provides invitation for visa very quickly and with a small price...the website is russian-visas.net
Have a look of it if you need an invitation to visit Russia

irahomyachok
27-11-2009, 23:41
i would recommend this company - carlsonwagonlit
i used to make invitations through them for my bf, the company is very reliable.