PDA

View Full Version : Conversation club

bilverstone29
21-10-2009, 14:06
Hi,

My friend is helping to organise a conversation club and asked me for help find english native speakers to take part. Anyone interested? If so PM me.

coolest
22-10-2009, 14:30
if its online only.. then i am in

Ihealpeople
22-10-2009, 22:20
What exactly is a "conversation club?"
Aside from the obvious, conversing. Or am I over-thinking this?

Bels
22-10-2009, 22:32
I assume English native speakers conversing with those in Russia. Sometimes considered voluntury, but you can't attract the native speakers without some form of motivation. In some cases it might be girl meet boy. But in most cases it is a fee paying system where native speakers are paid and also Russion third parties. Alternatively it's a brilliant idea for native English to organise for their own professiona reasons in order to seell themselves as private tutors. All in all it works out very well if well organised.

I'm thinking on the same line for beginner children, with the purpose of promoting that English can teach beginner English to young English , English to English without Russian translation. And that the method is much more efficient than Russians teachers teaching English to young beginners. The proof is now here, but now I need to promote it. Time for another thread I think as obviously what you are talking about are adults.

Ihealpeople
23-10-2009, 02:10
Thanks Bels!

Very interesting idea by your definition.
Once I move back out to SPB in January, I'd love to get involved into something along those lines.

Dino
23-10-2009, 07:27
Bels,
Hi...I'm a teacher here in Moscow who has been thinking about something along the same lines.....maybe we could discuss this more?
Regards
Dino