PDA

View Full Version : No migration card after TRP?

rosstis
19-10-2009, 14:15
Dear All,

After the positive decision on temporary residence permit (TRP) and before putting the TRP stamp, UFMS took the original of migration card. They refused to return it back and explained that according to Russian laws the migration card is no needed any more for those who have a resident status in Russia (PROZHIVANIYE). In other words, the migration card is needed only for those who have a staying or visitor status (PREBYVANIYE) in Russia.
While taking the card UFMS did not give any kind of receipt.
Soon a short trip outside Russia is planned, I am scared if there will be or not any problems during crossing the border and failure to provide the migration card or proof the in fact UFMS took it.
Has anyone with TRP had any experience of crossing the border without having the migration card?
Thanks.

RollingStone
19-10-2009, 14:25
Don't get hypochondriac, man! Those are the rules...

Once you got your TRP, you won't need any migrations cards nor visas of any kind. PERIOD!

And quit worrying about the migration police. They know these rules a lot better than the local UFMS and certainly a whole lot better than you. Dammit!

What a stupid question!

Ian G
19-10-2009, 14:26
No problem- the Migration card is nor needed any more. I had the same thing happen. When you leave the country the passport control people will want to see your single-use exit/ entrance visa. You'll need to get that from the FMS in ul. Pokrovka- it's easy enough and takes 10 days to get.

It's also a good idea if you make sure your previous visa- the one you used before getting TRP, eg work visa- is stamped as cancelled. If you have two valid visas in your passport that is very confusing for the passport control people.

tvadim133
19-10-2009, 14:30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Я получила временное проживание в РФ. Штамп уже проставлен в паспорте. Также уже и поставлен штамп прописки сроком на 3 года. При пересечении границы мне необходимо заполнять миграционную карту или достаточно показать паспорт?
Ответ: Во время пересечения государственной границы, при наличии паспорта с отметкой о разрешении на временное проживание и штампа о регистрации по месту жительства, брать и заполнять миграционную карту НЕ требуется. Достаточно предъявить паспорт с соответствующей отметкой и штампом.

I took the official answer from their official site.

The translation is following:

Question: I have got TRP in Russia. There is a seal in the passport and there is a note of my registartion address which is valid for 3 years. In crossing the boader, should I provide with and fill the migration card or it will be enough to show the passport?

Answer: In crossing the board it will be enough to show the passport in which there must be seals with TRP and the address of registration. The Migration card is not required.

The link to the site:

: - (http://www.fmsmo.ru/main.php?p=4-0)

tasel
19-10-2009, 15:15
"Don't get hypochondriac, man! Those are the rules...

Once you got your TRP, you won't need any migrations cards nor visas of any kind. PERIOD!

And quit worrying about the migration police. They know these rules a lot better than the local UFMS and certainly a whole lot better than you. Dammit!

What a stupid question!"

As a foreigner he wanted to be more cautious to give such stupid questions rather than being idiot later in toughest situation. Please, try not to use harsh arguments.

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 15:54
Soon a short trip outside Russia is planned, I am scared if there will be or not any problems during crossing the border and failure to provide the migration card or proof the in fact UFMS took it.

Don`t forget about the exit/re-entry visa that you must have!
If you leave Russia without this visa, the TRP will be cancelled, and then you will have gone through all these efforts in vain!!!

rosstis
19-10-2009, 16:00
[QUOTE=tvadim133;588559]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Я получила временное проживание в РФ. Штамп уже проставлен в паспорте. Также уже и поставлен штамп прописки сроком на 3 года. При пересечении границы мне необходимо заполнять миграционную карту или достаточно показать паспорт?
Ответ: Во время пересечения государственной границы, при наличии паспорта с отметкой о разрешении на временное проживание и штампа о регистрации по месту жительства, брать и заполнять миграционную карту НЕ требуется. Достаточно предъявить паспорт с соответствующей отметкой и штампом.

I took the official answer from their official site.

The translation is following:

Question: I have got TRP in Russia. There is a seal in the passport and there is a note of my registartion address which is valid for 3 years. In crossing the boader, should I provide with and fill the migration card or it will be enough to show the passport?

Answer: In crossing the board it will be enough to show the passport in which there must be seals with TRP and the address of registration. The Migration card is not required.

The link to the site:

Many thanks for the detailed answers.

I also worry because the trip and exit from Russia is planned to be made via and from Belorussian border (Which has travel union with Russia). Despite the Belorussian transit visa obtained, I am confused by the requirements of Belorussian State Border Committee which requires from foreigners to return the migration card while exiting the country (Please see the web-site). Nothing is mentioned about exceptions for those who have Russian TRP. Does Belorussian passport control has to know the details of Russian laws on migration cards? Would it be enough to print that information from FMSMO web-site to prove that the card is not needed for TRP holders? Did any TRP holders have any experience with crossing the Belorussian border?
Thanks

[gpk.gov.by/ru-border-foreign_nationals/]Порядок пересечения границы иностранными гражданами и лицами без гражданства :: ГПК *Б ( ПВ )[/url]
При выезде из Республики Беларусь иностранец обязан сдать миграционную карту должностному лицу органов пограничной службы Республики Беларусь в пункте пропуска через Государственную границу Республики Беларусь. Должностным лицом органов пограничной службы Республики Беларусь в миграционной карте и документе для выезда за границу иностранца проставляется отметка о выезде иностранца из Республики Беларусь.

Nothing is mentioned about exceptions for those who have Russian TRP. Does Belorussian passport control has to know the details of Russian laws on migration cards? Would it be enough to print that information from FMSMO web-site to prove that the card is not needed for TRP holders? Did any TRP holders have any experience with crossing the Belorussian border?
Thanks

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 16:02
When you leave the country the passport control people will want to see your single-use exit/ entrance visa. You'll need to get that from the FMS in ul. Pokrovka- it's easy enough and takes 10 days to get.

Hi Ian G, is it really true that this visa it easy to get?
How much time do you spend at Pokrovka when you apply for the visa (I mean, are there long waiting lines,...)
What if you need to do two business trips shortly one after the other (so just a couple of days in between).
Are there any solutions for this? I understand there are no multiple-exit visas, but perhaps there are agencies that can process this quicker? (No doubt via an un-official channel in FMS at Pokrovska).

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 16:07
I also worry because the trip and exit from Russia is planned to be made via and from Belorussian border (Which has travel union with Russia). Despite the Belorussian transit visa obtained, I am confused by the requirements of Belorussian State Border Committee which requires from foreigners to return the migration card while exiting the country (Please see the web-site).

Are you going to Belarus and back to Russia, or do you travel to a third country after Belarus?
I travelled by train from Moscow (through Belarus) to Europe. There is no border control at the border between Russia and Belarus.
Also, at the border between Belarus and Poland, the Belarusians did not take away my migration card.

I suppose it will be no big deal even if you do not have the migration card, even if you are asked for it.
Many times I have not given my migration card when I left Russia via Domodedovo airport, and they have not once asked for it.

Bels
19-10-2009, 16:47
NO migration stamp required after you have TRP stamped on the back of your passport. If you are tlking about having a migration card with business visa, try another more appropriate thread to avoid confusion to others.

TRP means Temporary Residency Permit not any form of visa.,

rosstis
19-10-2009, 17:30
Are you going to Belarus and back to Russia, or do you travel to a third country after Belarus?
I travelled by train from Moscow (through Belarus) to Europe. There is no border control at the border between Russia and Belarus.
Also, at the border between Belarus and Poland, the Belarusians did not take away my migration card.

I suppose it will be no big deal even if you do not have the migration card, even if you are asked for it.
Many times I have not given my migration card when I left Russia via Domodedovo airport, and they have not once asked for it.

I am going to third country in Europe via Belorus, and that is why Belorussian transit visa was obtained.

Did you have TRP while travelling via Belorus without migration card?
Thanks

Ian G
19-10-2009, 17:40
SV1973a

Hi Ian G, is it really true that this visa it easy to get?

Yes- you need to fill in a form,pay a state duty and get the "kvitantsia", have a couple of passport sized photos- then just take them to the Migtation office. Normally window 2. It you get there at 9 am you should be out quite quickly- normally about 20 mins. (The annoying thing is when the person in front of you turns out to be an agent and produces a pile of 20 passports.) As far as I know they open the doors from 8 am but start working at 9- so you can get there early and be the first person in the queue if you are lucky.

They take your form, kvitantsia and photos , look at them briefly to check everything's ok and tell you which day to come back- normally its 10 days. You pick up at a different window- 3 or 4.

I'd recommend getting a new exit/entrance visa as soon as you come back from a trip abroad- that way you are always ready to travel at short notice.

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 18:02
I am going to third country in Europe via Belorus, and that is why Belorussian transit visa was obtained.

Did you have TRP while travelling via Belorus without migration card?
Thanks

I was on a work visa (Russian) and had a transit visa (Belarus), but at the Belarusian-Polish border they did not take my migration card.

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 18:05
SV1973a
I'd recommend getting a new exit/entrance visa as soon as you come back from a trip abroad- that way you are always ready to travel at short notice.

I was planning on doing so, instead of doing the registration (which is necessary when you come back to Russia from a business trip), I will now go get a new exit-visa.

But what do you when, you have consecutive business trips. I am going to Italy, and when I come back, I have to travel back to Belgium (after 4 days, so not enough to get the visa via the normal procedure).?

thva
22-10-2009, 00:10
I haven't tried it, but have heard that you can two at the same time, in advance before the 1st trip -
others here have reported doing so.