PDA

View Full Version : Could someone hijack the top four

dontcallme
19-10-2009, 12:50
I know the season has only just begun and recent history suggests however poorly a team from the top four start or how well someone from outside the top four start the top, the result is always the same. You can talk about the time Everton finished fourth but that was a long time ago now and the gap between Everton and the top four is actually getting bigger rather than smaller.

However Spurs and Man City are giving the Premier League hope as the same teams at the top is making the beautiful game less competitive. I don't believe either have as good a first team or squad as the top four but are actually getting closer.

Defoe, Adebayor and Tevez can all hit a similar amount of goals to Owen, Anelka, Kuyt, Van Persie, Eduardo, Rooney etc. Only Torres and Drogba are a reall class above.

Most importantly though is neither City or Spurs are in Europe. They aren't going to need a huge squad to get through the season and almost all effort and concentration is going to be on the league games.

Maybe one of these teams could do an Everton and nick fourth spot but through the circumstances rather than by havng a superior team or squad.

Bels
19-10-2009, 23:05
LOL Youdrew me to your title on who could hijack the top four and I thought you were talking about this forum. OOPS it's the sports section.

Sorry but hopefully I've bumped it up for someone like Judge or SPB to respond.

But if it's any help the top four four have been hijacked in the past. In fact Chelsea never used to exist in the premier division. And I have seen some minute wonders up there. You can start guessing my age now.

Rhubard Geoff
19-10-2009, 23:15
As an aside I hear Liverpool are going to trade Voronin for a red beach ball as they think the latter is more effective. :evilgrin:

Judge
20-10-2009, 00:26
Looks like the ref is in the sh*t over the beach ball goal..

'Beach ball' goal referee Mike Jones dropped from Premier League duty - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/6375629/Beach-ball-goal-referee-Mike-Jones-dropped-from-Premier-League-duty.html)

It's hard to say who will break into the top four,early days for now.Spurs look good,but will they last?Man City has a good team and will be able to bring in a few decent players in the next transfer window,this could really help City.If City brings in a player like van Nistelrooy,they could snatch a top four place.
I fancy Villa breaking into the top four,if there's a coach that can do it then O'Neill is the one.

Max77
20-10-2009, 10:06
I know the season has only just begun and recent history suggests however poorly a team from the top four start or how well someone from outside the top four start the top, the result is always the same. You can talk about the time Everton finished fourth but that was a long time ago now and the gap between Everton and the top four is actually getting bigger rather than smaller.

However Spurs and Man City are giving the Premier League hope as the same teams at the top is making the beautiful game less competitive. I don't believe either have as good a first team or squad as the top four but are actually getting closer.

Defoe, Adebayor and Tevez can all hit a similar amount of goals to Owen, Anelka, Kuyt, Van Persie, Eduardo, Rooney etc. Only Torres and Drogba are a reall class above.

Most importantly though is neither City or Spurs are in Europe. They aren't going to need a huge squad to get through the season and almost all effort and concentration is going to be on the league games.

Maybe one of these teams could do an Everton and nick fourth spot but through the circumstances rather than by havng a superior team or squad.

Don't know which team will get into the top four, but it looks like Liverpool is the candidate to be out of it by the end of the season.
Rafa's in trouble!
:7525:

Judge
20-10-2009, 10:15
Don't know which team will get into the top four, but it looks like Liverpool is the candidate to be out of it by the end of the season.
Rafa's in trouble!
:7525:

2 big games coming up for Rafa's men.. A win on Sunday will see Liverpool only 4 points behind UTD..