PDA

View Full Version : Fast Help Needed to Save the Day

Carbo
17-10-2009, 14:22
Fcuking Darbar!

As some of you may know, it was Ms. Carbo's birthday on Wednesday. I had planned a day out today -- museum, maybe cinema SURPRISE restaurant, and the maybe drinks with friends. I really wanted to go to Darbar, because both my girlfriend and I love Indian food, and we hardly ever go to Indian restaurants (this is Moscow, afterall).

So what does DArbar do? Callы my house phone, and asks Ms. Carbo for Andrey. No, there's no Andrey here. Maybe it's the wrong number? This is Indian restaurant Darbar calling to confirm the reservation. Oh, well, it might be my boyfriend, Andrew, organizing a suprise. Oh, ok, so is it confirmed? Yes. After which she rushes into the room where I am and says "Your Indian restaurant has just been on the phone. You can't hide anything from me."

In the words of Jack Bauer: "DAMN IT!"

For Christ's sake, I just wanted a SURPRISE.

So, please help.

Obviously, not only has Darbar blown my cover, but when I went mental about it, my girlfriend said "Well I don't know where it is, just that it's an Indian restaurant", so I can't even choose another Indian place.

So HELP. I want a non-super-expensive but nice and surprising and unsual destination. And I need it fast. I'll be leaving the house in 90 minutes and I need to reserve it before then. Can anyone help?

(PS, Italian is probably out. We're both dieting and can't eat carbs and sugar, so, really lots of pasta or whatever is out. Plus Italian isn't surprising or different)

Viola
17-10-2009, 14:26
What about Tibet at Kamergersky or this Tibetian place (don't remeber the name) at Nikolskaya?

Viola
17-10-2009, 14:30
La Kantina is also good. Tex/Mex

Viola
17-10-2009, 14:34
Al Andaluz at Lubyanka - Lebanese cuisine

RRM
17-10-2009, 15:23
Smolensky Passage has a decent Indian restaurant right above the French cafe. The seemed good as well.

elis
17-10-2009, 16:19
Just go to the Indian place. You know you'll both like it. She already knows you're taking her out now. Plus . . . what if she's got her heart set on Indian now that she knows? Have fun and happy belated b'day to Ms. Carbo.

Carbo
17-10-2009, 17:13
Kind of sorted now, though, but cheers.