PDA

View Full Version : Will be a miracle if I get TRP

tudzikot
15-10-2009, 21:52
Hi guys,

I just write to get ride of the bad energy inside me after visiting the UFMS for the 30th time this year.
I was pretty sure that this week they will finally take my documents to process my TRP but again bad surprise. People who took last week my documents just for review by the central UFMS were not even at work. It seems that they still want money.
I already told them they can dream of the 1500 euros they asked. It is my right to get it as I have been married to Russian man for more than 7 years,and gave birth to two children, no way for me to pay. I am afraid that I will never get it then.

:sick:

Bels
15-10-2009, 22:01
Now at last it is time to name and shame!!!! What is the name of this official?? Which FMS offfice???? We have a hard enough time to deal with such nonsence. But if you what is true this is breach oif their authority and how things are reallly done in Russia. You will already have a tough enough time going through the process without any further nonsence. Perhaps Putin should start stepping in in such places to give himself yet more popularity.

vodnistadion
15-10-2009, 22:18
Sorry but I do not believe that. I know many foreigners from Europe and Asia who submitted their TRP (then PRP) documents, never they were asked money. Some of them sometimes offered some money to speed the process, it was every time declined.

I don't say that there is no corruption! There is (probably), but it is not at this level of the guys that check the documents in the local FMS offices.

So, I do not believe this. Unless of course you have not correct documents, and you were asked some money to fix this problem. But EVEN for this, at this level it is not very believable.

Moreover what do you mean by "People who took last week my documents just for review by the central UFMS"?? People either take, either don't take your documents. If they take them, it means that all is correct and they give you a receipt, you don't have to go there again to have news about the "central UFMS" position! If your package is not correct, they just do not take anything from you, they tell you what must be changed and you go back home with all your documents.

vodnistadion
15-10-2009, 22:22
Perhaps Putin should start stepping in in such places to give himself yet more popularity.

VVP is not interested to be popular among the non Russians ;)

Bels
15-10-2009, 22:22
You have a right to be here.

However listening to others and this is very serious. Are you telling the truth or are you in some way exagerrating. Did someone ask you for 1500 Euros in cash. And what for, and why in Euros?.

I'm sorry I doubt you for the moment, as it is not the norm. Even in Russia.

Bels
15-10-2009, 22:27
Are you using an agent as that might be the problem. Please don't destroy the good advice and the normal experience given by other very good members here, who have given their advice and experience free of charge.

Don't start messing up the heads of other newbies appplying for TRP. Ast ere is good advice here and you will not be charged 1500 Euros for applying for TRP. Especially when you have a Russian wife and two Russian children.

Bels
15-10-2009, 22:32
Thanks for that and it is what I have experienced. I can only hope that thes local government workers are starting to get desparate for bribes. I can only hope not, and it is the first time I have ever heard of this sort of thing happening in FMS. Let's not forget that it is a right for a Russian family to be together especially if they happen to have two Russian children.

Sorry but I do not believe that. I know many foreigners from Europe and Asia who submitted their TRP (then PRP) documents, never they were asked money. Some of them sometimes offered some money to speed the process, it was every time declined.

I don't say that there is no corruption! There is (probably), but it is not at this level of the guys that check the documents in the local FMS offices.

So, I do not believe this. Unless of course you have not correct documents, and you were asked some money to fix this problem. But EVEN for this, at this level it is not very believable.

Moreover what do you mean by "People who took last week my documents just for review by the central UFMS"?? People either take, either don't take your documents. If they take them, it means that all is correct and they give you a receipt, you don't have to go there again to have news about the "central UFMS" position! If your package is not correct, they just do not take anything from you, they tell you what must be changed and you go back home with all your documents.

vodnistadion
15-10-2009, 22:33
I offer "Tudzikot" to contact me by PM with a contact number or email, I have some connections in the FMS and we can sort this out. Let's see this concretely!

Bels
15-10-2009, 22:36
Perhaps you can be more precise, as there are many of us here who have gone though what you are going through now. It's time to give us more detail in all honesty. No messing and no exagerration.

Hi guys,

I just write to get ride of the bad energy inside me after visiting the UFMS for the 30th time this year.
I was pretty sure that this week they will finally take my documents to process my TRP but again bad surprise. People who took last week my documents just for review by the central UFMS were not even at work. It seems that they still want money.
I already told them they can dream of the 1500 euros they asked. It is my right to get it as I have been married to Russian man for more than 7 years,and gave birth to two children, no way for me to pay. I am afraid that I will never get it then.

:sick:

vodnistadion
15-10-2009, 22:38
There are rules and conditions, and if the applicant follows the rules and matches the conditions, with legitimate documents (accurate, correctly translated and notarized), correctly filled forms, and no black record in Russia, the TRP IS granted.

According to his profile, Tudzikot is supposed to be from France; this story makes me twice surprised! I could MAYBE MAYBE believe it (and even...) from a person from another country from Africa for example, but for sure not from a EU country.

Thanks for that and it is what I have experienced. I can only hope that thes local government workers are starting to get desparate for bribes. I can only hope not, and it is the first time I have ever heard of this sort of thing happening in FMS. Let's not forget that it is a right for a Russian family to be together especially if they happen to have two Russian children.

tudzikot
15-10-2009, 22:47
Thank you for not giving any support and just condemned. It does not mean that all officers behave this way. Just in the area were I try to get my TRP ,the guy in charge of is just vicious.Regarding 1500 euros, he just talked about it with my husband's friend.He has time so he helps me for the application. I even had to give a bottle of whisky last week. But obviously it was not enough.
I did not exaggerate. I am going almost twice a week to FMS since february. They always find something, I even had to get a letter from my embassy.

tudzikot
15-10-2009, 22:50
By the way, the UFMS is not simply FMS, it is ujsnyi FMS

Bels
15-10-2009, 22:54
This is unacceptable. And Ifyou are telling the truth you have ou full support as members.Can I also speak on behalf of Russians here also?? This is way below the belt if it is true. And very unusual.

Is there any way you can convince an admin or mod here? If they are convinced, so am I. But sorry it is very difficult to believe although I do have my moans and groans about the TRP method of application. But this is going too far. A bottle of whiskey at the end yes. I f they have done good job for you. It's a gift, and not a bribe. It comes after and not before.

tudzikot
15-10-2009, 23:24
The worst thing is that they took the documents last week pretending to check again (what they have done for the last 9 months) and did not give me any papers in exchange so I am not even sure they will not just destroy them.
I am so fed up, I have already ordered several times my criminal record and translate it again and again.
I have to go back to my country again as my visa will expire soon.
Why I cannot live normally with my family in Russia, I have all rights to stay here especially if you think that my family is originally from Russia.

Bels
15-10-2009, 23:30
I don't believe you. You for some reason or other are trying trying to sprad rumour of which are not true. And you are try to destroy the good advice and experience of which members have taken freely to take the trouble to help others. All I can ask is that all nowbies thinking of applying for TRP is to forget this thread, as it it is intended to be a scary. Check out the stickies on top first. Believe me they are genuine.

tudzikot
15-10-2009, 23:38
believe what you want but that is reality.

GaNozri
15-10-2009, 23:39
If I were you I would go to the local OVD and file an application against the FMS employee for extortion. If the cop at OVD refuses to accept your application, go to Otdel Vnutrenney Bezopasnosti (Internal affairs) and file an application against the OVD cop for negligence. What I wouldn't do is give the bastards any money or any more wiskey. Get your embassy involved too.

Bels
15-10-2009, 23:43
Believe me. your Embassy will refuse to be involved in such matters. We need Putin :) Young Rusian chilldren and a Russian Woman who want to continue residing in Russia? Come on please.

tvadim133
15-10-2009, 23:51
The worst thing is that they took the documents last week pretending to check again (what they have done for the last 9 months) and did not give me any papers in exchange so I am not even sure they will not just destroy them.
I am so fed up, I have already ordered several times my criminal record and translate it again and again.
Why I cannot live normally with my family in Russia, I have all rights to stay here especially if you think that my family is originally from Russia.

I doubt but if it is really so, you husband at least can write a letter to a public prosecutor.

There is a law according to what peiod of time the answer on TRP can be done. In case it has been done in time, the officers can have got problems withing their organization. So if there is no exact explanation from their side, you (your husband) can go first to "the manager" of the officers and then to a prosecutor. It works (I did once with Police officer, and that policeman does not work anymore).

It is strange, you have not done it yet, if your case is OK.

tudzikot
16-10-2009, 00:15
Thank you for your advises.
Regarding the prosecutor, I know what to do that is the privilege of being married to lawyer. The only thing is that this month we wanted to give them a chance to do it normally. You know bureaucracy in Russia, is not really my cup of tea. It is not for nothing that It is only now that I ask my TRP. After 8 years in Russia, it is just the only way to stay now (as we cannot live 1 year with the business visa)
Obviously, my experience disturbs more than anything so I will not write anymore. This forum is not my cup of tea anymore.

tvadim133
16-10-2009, 00:36
Sorry, if something hurts you!

that was not my goal at least.

Bureaucracy in Russia is something horrible sometimes.

But things are changing.

I was surprised that it took me just one day to get the permanent registarion (propiska), 1 week only to get a new internation passport, 2 days to get a new driving license, though I was expecting some troubles....

But next thing I will have to do is to get my taxes back for my flat purchaising and I think there will be some problems with bureaucrats....

I wish you success in yours.

pjw
16-10-2009, 01:04
This forum is not my cup of tea anymore.I can't remember how to say Au revoir in French so I'll just say до свидания :wavey:

Judge
16-10-2009, 01:31
We are hear to help others, not to put them off from posting..
Someone is sharing their experience about getting TR, there's no need to call anyone a liar..

tudzikot, I hope all works out for you.Miracles do happen in Russia..

vodnistadion
16-10-2009, 07:39
I offered Tudzikot to help concretely and asked her to contact me in PM

http://www.expat.ru/forum/temporary-permanent-residency/174721-will-miracle-if-i-get-trp.html#post587327

As I can see, Tudzikot posted a few messages after mine, but I have no PM.

Moreover the fact that the FMS guys would have taken the documents and decline to give them back is JUST IMPOSSIBLE. Even in Russia! This is pure BS!

Tudzikot is married to a Russian lawyer, and would let this situation since February? More and more believable :) All Russian lawyers have connections that can often speed the administrative processes, and such a case would be quickly solved, IF it was real of course.

This thread is pure BS!

vodnistadion
16-10-2009, 07:45
By the way, the UFMS is not simply FMS, it is ujsnyi FMS

hum 7 years marriage with a Russian lawyer,

Going to FMS twice a week since February,

And you don't know that the "U" in UFMS (УФМС) means "Управлние"?

Ian G
16-10-2009, 11:09
I agree, this is very strange. There is a list of documents, normally displayed on the wall at the UFMS. Plenty of threads on this forum describe the documents you need.

Once you have the documents you take them to the UFMS- and if they don't accept them they should tell you why- not ask for money.

A common reason is that there is some mistake in the way you filled in the form, and they refer you to their partner 'agency' who for a fee of about 1000 rubles will do the form for you in the correct way and send you back with it to the UFMS. Yes- I suppose it's a kind of bribe in that probably the agency and the officials split the money. But I've not heard of anything like what you describe.

Sorry you're having these problems. Is your husband helping you with all this. When you speak to other people in the queue at the UFMS- are they having the same problem?

mandelstam13
16-10-2009, 12:19
Actually, an UFMS officer took one of my documents "for review" to the central office just this month. So it does happen.I was lucky in that a bottle of Scottish whiskey solved the problem.

Sorry Tudzikot, I can't give you any advice. Except maybe not to look for support or advice here. Most posters seem to have weird problems.

SV1973a
16-10-2009, 12:37
Actually, an UFMS officer took one of my documents "for review" to the central office just this month. So it does happen.I was lucky in that a bottle of Scottish whiskey solved the problem.

What document was it ? Can you tell us more about the circumstances in which this happened ?

Sorry Tudzikot, I can't give you any advice. Except maybe not to look for support or advice here. Most posters seem to have weird problems.

I think on the contrary, people are interested in this, and are willing to help and give advice.

On the other hand, there are some extremely strange elements in this story :
- 30 returns to the office (is this the UFMS-office or the office of some dubious agent?)
- husband is a lawyer and does not interfere ?
- asking for money (in a crowded place with witnesses all around you?)
- refusing to give back documents ?
This is all suspicious, not?

vodnistadion
16-10-2009, 13:23

I have maybe weird problems, who knows, but I offered Tudzikot to help as I know a few people in Moscow including in FMS. As she does not want even to reply, it is easy to conclude that her story is pure BS. Maybe I could believe it from a new comer from Africa in Moscow, who knows nobody and nothing, and even so, hardly! But a French citizen married with a Russian lawyer, 7 years here, this is just IMPOSSIBLE. I will anyway this afternoon talk about this with a guy I know in "U" FMS, probably I will be ridiculous...!!

vodnistadion
16-10-2009, 13:24

Which brand, the whiskey?

tasel
16-10-2009, 15:35
Tudzikot, as many people say here, it is the way the rule works. And it is not sure the rule works the same way at every offices as the government wants. If some one got their work done smoothly, it means they are lucky and in your case i am not excited and it is usual in Russia.

mandelstam13
16-10-2009, 18:17
Which brand, the whiskey?

Ballantine's.

Bels
16-10-2009, 20:18

The normal acceptable procedure is to receive your police check and then get it appostiled by posting it back to your own country. It then needs to be translated by who the FMS recommend.

I still have problems in accepting this 1500 euros demand, and why in Euros, as they normally quote. Such a demand doesn't exist and somewhere along the line someone is trying to cheat you. My guess is that it is not the FMS. In fact I'm certain someone else is trying to rip you off.

SV1973a
16-10-2009, 20:30
The normal acceptable procedure is to receive your police check and then get it appostiled by posting it back to your own country. It then needs to be translated by who the FMS recommend.

Just any notarised translation is OK, but if they would recommend me someone, I would certainly go for that one.

someone is trying to cheat you. My guess is that it is not the FMS. In fact I'm certain someone else is trying to rip you off.

I suspect she uses some obscure agents (although by no means I want to insinuate that all agencies are crooks)

vodnistadion
17-10-2009, 01:00
Well, in short, a high executive in FMS told me that first, this is not believable, and second that if I come with the name of this person he will investigate himself and see the status of the application. He said that declining to return some documents that were taken for verification and asking for money for this is just impossible. He said something like "some employees will be happy to receive money of course but they are not stupid, such an attitude would make them in big trouble. They are more clever than this I just can not believe at all and your story".
So, as Tudzikot does not want to contact me in PM as I offered yesterday, it seems that nobody won't know her name, one more evidence that her story if BS.

Maybe as says Bels she is scammed by a third party, but if really she has a husband lawyer, he is supposed to know how to deal in such situations.

My personal opinion (if anybody cares, LOL) is that 100% of her post is false.

Good night :)

vodnistadion
17-10-2009, 01:01
by no means I want to insinuate that all agencies are crooks)

you could :)
Or better to say that they are not all crooks, but all offer services that are not really useful as an application can EASILY be filled alone.

SV1973a
17-10-2009, 09:10
you could :)
Or better to say that they are not all crooks, but all offer services that are not really useful as an application can EASILY be filled alone.

Yes, that is correct, you can do all without them. I did everything myself.
My friend used an agency and payed 1500 USD for the TRP application. He is happy with their services.

ezik
17-10-2009, 14:14
Tudzikot,

If I read this thread and other posts correctly, you have started the medicals, probably finished them (your post in September 2009). You might be or are pregnant. And since February this year, you have been visiting UFMS twice a week.

As for the latter: why?
The application procedure is not a walk in the park, but far from rocket science: get the documents, do the medicals and hand in the documents. Why were these visits since February necessary?

Nowadays, UFMS officials asking for bribes is something rare. Yes, we all know that handing a bottle at the end of the process, or maybe one halfway through, is commonplace. But if someone is asking for it, without having done anything, something is wrong. What was your going-in position? Did you tell them "I'll do anything, just give me the bloody TRP" or anything along those lines? The point is: something must have made the official hungry/thirsty.

Going forward, it is clear that you need to get out of this spiral. The more you give to the official, the more he will ask. That's not going to work. At all.

Try to figure out what exactly is wrong with your documents. And I strongly recommend you to accept the discrete help offered to you by some people here on this thread.

I don't see any need to drop the name of the official here, but mentioning the Okryg would help. It may ring some bells to some people who look at this forum.

tudzikot
17-10-2009, 15:01
Thank you all for the information you gave and experience and point of view of the situation. Regarding the criminal record it is just that as I started to try to apply in February I had to do it several times , get with apostill etc... just because Normally it should be issue not more than 3 months before application so I did the first in January and then every three months to be sure to have every single thing in order. For my name, they either really stupid or did not want to work. They did not understand because I have 3 first names, then maiden and married last names and said it was suspicious. That is why I had to get all this papers from Embassy, Institute of Russian language etc...
When I wrote this post, I just wanted to know whether somebody has faced such kind of thing during their application. Did not want to disturb.
If I did not send sms to people who offered help, it is just because when you are mum of two you really busy during the day, and want to rest in the evening so did not have time to connect to internet.

ezik
17-10-2009, 20:10
Please be aware that you're not disturbing with a post like this! It is important information to know that, apparently, some people within UFMS still try to get bribes for services.

We're all here to offer support if needed. Don't share what you don't want to share. But certainly share what you feel comfortable sharing.

Again, even if you don't contact someone directly, this forum is read by many and some bells may start ringing.

Thank you all for the information you gave and experience and point of view of the situation. Regarding the criminal record it is just that as I started to try to apply in February I had to do it several times , get with apostill etc... just because Normally it should be issue not more than 3 months before application so I did the first in January and then every three months to be sure to have every single thing in order. For my name, they either really stupid or did not want to work. They did not understand because I have 3 first names, then maiden and married last names and said it was suspicious. That is why I had to get all this papers from Embassy, Institute of Russian language etc...
When I wrote this post, I just wanted to know whether somebody has faced such kind of thing during their application. Did not want to disturb.
If I did not send sms to people who offered help, it is just because when you are mum of two you really busy during the day, and want to rest in the evening so did not have time to connect to internet.

Bels
17-10-2009, 22:01
I must admit I didn't find the whole process of application for TRP easy either, although a smoother process than what you have experienced. Having one stepson and a pregnant Russian wife at the begiinning of the application onto her having a baby boy whilst waiting for acceptance of TRP it was tough.

Also having no work permit to extend your stay in Russia and having the problem of when your visa expires you have got to go home and renew it for another. That's what happened to me, once while my wife was pregnant and the other when had just had a baby I had to go.

Of course all this time used up in applying for TRP is time and money meaning loss of income to my family. Remember at such a time of late pregnancy and giving birth my wife who cannot earn income, only I was capable of that. SO yes for those with a family of two children the TRP application can be very difficult.

And the police check being valid for only thre months? Yes very tight timing taking into consideration the time that you receive it, apostiled and translated. If you don't move it your police check could be out of date.

But these are the kind of problems most of us have faced. But somehow we did succeed in the end.

SV1973a
17-10-2009, 22:15
And the police check being valid for only thre months? Yes very tight timing taking into consideration the time that you receive it, apostiled and translated. If you don't move it your police check could be out of date.

I think only the medical documents have a validity of 3 months.
I have done this police check when I was back home in Europe for X-mass. I applied in May, so 5 months later.
If you are legally staying in Russia on a visa, you can not commit crimes in your home country, so I think your police check should prove that you are not a criminal and are not wanted in your home country (status before you left your country).

mandelstam13
17-10-2009, 22:20
Police check is valid for six months.

SV1973a
17-10-2009, 22:28

Did not know that. Thanks for sharing.

Actually, in my country this is a document that is very easy to get.
All you have to do is go to the Ministery of Justice, hand over your ID-card so that they can check your records in their files. If your are `clear` they immediately give you the document, with the necessary stamps and signatures on it.
Next stop is the Ministery of Foreign Affairs (which is just 1 km away).
Here you just wait a couple of minutes while they put the apostille on the document.
You can also write a letter to the Ministery of Justice, but that takes longer of course.

Bels
17-10-2009, 22:37
OK must be my mistake. But I believe at the time it was valid only for three month. Of course I thought it was cuckoo. My Russian wife continues to believe that police checks are only valid for three months. Maybe laws have changed.

vodnistadion
18-10-2009, 01:47
Tudzikot finally contacted me, she explained not correctly her situation: Nobody "asked 1500 euros", BUT ... in another way she was right.
My apologies as I doubted but I was true... And she was true too! Bad comprehension due to bad explanation.
On her request I won't elaborate in public for now, but if she wants, I will help her to solve this blackmail attempt.

SV1973a
18-10-2009, 10:27
Tudzikot finally contacted me, she explained not correctly her situation: Nobody "asked 1500 euros", BUT ... in another way she was right.
My apologies as I doubted but I was true... And she was true too! Bad comprehension due to bad explanation.
On her request I won't elaborate in public for now, but if she wants, I will help her to solve this blackmail attempt.

I think it would be good if she could write a little account when all is over. It may be useful for other members of our forum.

Bogatyr
19-10-2009, 21:43

The "common wisdom" of the forums as I've been reading for over half a year has been 3 months. If it's really 6 months then that gives me some breathing room. Can you give a source for this info?

thanks!

Bogatyr
19-10-2009, 21:46
...Nowadays, UFMS officials asking for bribes is something rare. Yes, we all know that handing a bottle at the end of the process, or maybe one halfway through, is commonplace...

I'm quite new at this -- never having lived anywhere but the US where "gifts" like this are never done. Do you just hand over a gift bag right at the counter, or do you arrange a meeting outside the office to do this?

Bels
19-10-2009, 21:53
The "common wisdom" of the forums as I've been reading for over half a year has been 3 months. If it's really 6 months then that gives me some breathing room. Can you give a source for this info?

thanks!

I'd also like confirmation on this also. At my FMS when I was applying it was three months for sure. All I can say is ask the officer at your FMS. For the moment I still say three months. I remember clearly because I remember discussing with my wife about this being such a crazy ruling and very inconvenient. I remember that my timing was so tight that I only just managed to get my legalised police document enclosed with the application just in the nick of time.

I say three months no matter how cuckoo it may seem, unless the rules have changed recently.

Bels
19-10-2009, 21:56
I'm quite new at this -- never having lived anywhere but the US where "gifts" like this are never done. Do you just hand over a gift bag right at the counter, or do you arrange a meeting outside the office to do this?

You give a gift for a good job done and not before. In the office I went to there was a big box of goodies displayed as an obvious hint. Bribes are never directly given even in Russia. If you bribe an official an official he may horrified, as he could lose his job in a disgraceful manner, and might well be prosecuted.

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 21:59

thanks!

Well, I handed in the document after 5 months. So, this is proof it is valid longer than 3 months! (but still no proof it is valid 6 months).

On the list, FMS gave me before I started the application, it is only mentioned : `Документ, подтверждающий отсутствие судимости у заявителя.`, so there is no indication at all about the validity!

Bels
19-10-2009, 22:07
It appears that each UFMS office makes their own rules depending in whach one you apply to. To be honest there shouldn't be a validity if commonsense comes into it.

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 22:14
It appears that each UFMS office makes their own rules depending in whach one you apply to. To be honest there shouldn't be a validity if commonsense comes into it.

I agree, it should just say that before the date the document was handed to you, you had no criminal records. After that, when you come living in Russia, you can no longer commit criminal acts in your home country, just because you are not there any more!

Bels
19-10-2009, 22:19
Very true. So on the forced visa trip whilst waiting to process the TRP let's all make a major bank robbery before returning back to be resident in Russia.

SV1973a
19-10-2009, 22:26
Very true. So on the forced visa trip whilst waiting to process the TRP let's all make a major bank robbery before returning back to be resident in Russia.

I forgot about that :duhhhh:

tudzikot
22-10-2009, 23:42
Hello,

I finally had meeting with the head of the local office of UFMS and guess what?
He apologized for the delay. Explained that they did not bring my documents to the central office on time. The person went only yesterday or today to have documents check by the central office.I have to go again tomorrow morning.
I am sick and tired of it. I am so stress that even high blood pressure today 16.9. My main concerned now is that my criminal record was valid until yesterday so I am afraid they will say that I have to ask another one but then time goes and it will medical certificates. Any idea of how to fight tomorrow?

ezik
22-10-2009, 23:56
Show your passport stamps and argue that you couldn't possibly have committed a crime in your home country while being in Russia. If UFMS apologized for the delay, one day shouldn't make a difference.

Now, if they do try to get you into getting another criminal record check again, it's clear that their only purpose is to put you into trouble. In that case, please read my previous PMs to you. :-)

Hello,

I finally had meeting with the head of the local office of UFMS and guess what?
He apologized for the delay. Explained that they did not bring my documents to the central office on time. The person went only yesterday or today to have documents check by the central office.I have to go again tomorrow morning.
I am sick and tired of it. I am so stress that even high blood pressure today 16.9. My main concerned now is that my criminal record was valid until yesterday so I am afraid they will say that I have to ask another one but then time goes and it will medical certificates. Any idea of how to fight tomorrow?

GaNozri
23-10-2009, 00:21
You give a gift for a good job done and not before. In the office I went to there was a big box of goodies displayed as an obvious hint. Bribes are never directly given even in Russia. If you bribe an official an official he may horrified, as he could lose his job in a disgraceful manner, and might well be prosecuted.

Bels, you're wrong here. Never, I mean NEVER, go to a beaurocrat's office empty handed. That is the law of the land. What to give to whom, is an art. Secretaries (who can be the most helpfull), you give coffee, tea, and chocolates. Cops, you give booze (not too expensive). As you go up the ladder, it gets much more complicated...

But, if you come empty, the attitude will be something like: - "Doesn't the asshole know what kind of salary I get? Does he expect me to work my ass off for free? Does he think he's in England? I wonder how much HE makes?"

Most likely he/she won't be rude (yeah right!), even polite, but will not move a finger to help you.

ezik
23-10-2009, 00:31
I'll agree with Bels, that it is a gift.
However, GaNorzi is right that you have to be precise and subtile about whom to give what gift to and when.

When I got my TRP, the UFMS director, who helped me a lot, simply refused. He suggested that not he, but the person he assigned to my case should be 'thanked'. She got a premium box of chocolates as she seemed the type of girl liking chocolates.

Nowadays, having to get my Exit Visa, I make sure to, once in a while, give the two ladies who help me a small token of appreciation. Dutch cheese, syrup waffles, whatever. They would do their job without these presents, I'm sure. But I know that when I need an urgent exit visa, they will try their best.

The whole point about this sort of stuff is to not look at it as a bribe. Regard it as a gift for them trying their extra best for you. It doesn't matter how small or big the gift is, if they notice that you at least thought of them, it makes a huge difference.

Bogatyr
23-10-2009, 01:48
I'll agree with Bels, that it is a gift.
However, GaNorzi is right that you have to be precise and subtile about whom to give what gift to and when.

When I got my TRP, the UFMS director, who helped me a lot, simply refused. He suggested that not he, but the person he assigned to my case should be 'thanked'. She got a premium box of chocolates as she seemed the type of girl liking chocolates.

Nowadays, having to get my Exit Visa, I make sure to, once in a while, give the two ladies who help me a small token of appreciation. Dutch cheese, syrup waffles, whatever. They would do their job without these presents, I'm sure. But I know that when I need an urgent exit visa, they will try their best.

The whole point about this sort of stuff is to not look at it as a bribe. Regard it as a gift for them trying their extra best for you. It doesn't matter how small or big the gift is, if they notice that you at least thought of them, it makes a huge difference.

Thanks! But *how* do you give it to them? Just right there in the office in front of everybody? "Meet in the hallway?" Or something else? I'm totally clueless about this and need explicit advice.

tudzikot
23-10-2009, 12:55
Bad news
I got official paper saying that they don't take my papers for application.
Stupid reason as usual, about my last name. I am not the person married to my husbands in my passport they did not put "a" feminine form at the end of the Russian name.
It is a dead end as I already provided official paper from the embassy regarding my last name and names.

ezik
23-10-2009, 13:36
Well, if you have the original documents, you can be identified as the person who married your husband. And if you apply for a passport with your husband's name in it, of course the issueing authority is going to copy exactly that name, without any Russian grammar applied to it. The issueing authority back home cannot be expected to know Russian. So, the point is not identification (certainly if there is an apostille treaty), but the used translation conventions.

Call the Embassy! Not only is UFMS telling them (through you) that their statement isn't valid, you are being prevented to exercise a legal right that you, according to the Russian law, have as the foreign spouse of a Russian national. Diplomatic missions usually have the task to protect your rights abroad (the one I go to mentions it as one of the tasks). They're probably not too eager to jump in into the conflict, but I'd give them no choice, if I were you.

If there are clear rules about how to translate your surname in both countries, it's a matter to check if these rules were followed. The notary at the Embassy should know.

If there are NO clear rules about this translation, something needs to be agreed between your Embassy and the local Russian authorities. At least, some guidance should be given.

Sorry it turned out so badly, good luck with the next steps!