PDA

View Full Version : A "Rant" section is badly needed.

Larry Paradine
14-10-2009, 23:09
This evening, after a strenuous and frustrating day trying to cut through the red tape that Sberbank enmeshes its customers in, I decided to vent my spleen in the "Rant" section of a small internet site for teachers in Russia (it's St. Petersburg based and could hardly be considered a rival to expat.ru but I'd better not name it here in case the moderators object); unfortunately, that site is temporarily closed for ремонт, i.e. transferring the whole site, lock, stock and barrel to a different server. So I logged in to this forum hoping to find a suitable outlet for my pent up feelings, but without success: not only is there no "rant" section, there isn't anything specific to banking in Russia or even a general subject section. Not that other users are inhibited from ranting: a post I'd submitted to the Teachers' Folder this morning had elicited a hysterical ranting response from another member who had completely misunderstood my post and blathered inanely in response. As no members seem to have started threads about banking in Russia, specifically about Sberbank, I'm unable to shower them with the sort of personal abuse the aforementioned member used to me, and don't know where in this forum to voice my grievances about Sberbank (which are not irrelevant to what I see as the primary purpose of expat.ru, i.e. informing other members and visitors of some of the most exasperating aspects of life in Russia). Please set up a rant section.

AndreyS
14-10-2009, 23:19
I completely understand your feelings about Sberbank and others, But why do you think you should pour out all that bile and spleen on smb/s heads? Why not just relax here?

Personally I can tell a lot about my today's irritation of DHL Moscow, but I prefer to keep it to myself, at least if not asked to tell.

Bels
14-10-2009, 23:22
There is a folder that was given to us a few years as a rant section for teachers. But hopefully I have played part in it being quite conservative. Argumentive of course. But as you can see somebody has already ranted. and believe it or not it wasn't a small school, but a director of a small school. So there we have it.

So do your ranting here and nowhere else as the past administrator stated. it's our folder. I guess within reason and within the control of majority of member teachers there. The active mod isd a teacher also. So sympathy will be there. But all within reason.
The last in our rants is on the the top called Frauds in our midst :) Who I don't know for sure yet and I hope the thread continues.

Click here: Teachers Discussion Folder - The Moscow Expat Forums (http://www.expat.ru/forum/teachers-discussion-folder/)

GaNozri
14-10-2009, 23:24
Just start a thread in Information, or expat cafe sections. If it is that bad, you could even go for Bardak.

tvadim133
14-10-2009, 23:24
Well, why not to get rid of Sberbank and go to another one?

If you are not satisfied with a service of the taxi company, should we start then the taxi section? :nut:

BUT I understand your feeling: It is Horrible. and I have not been using it's services for ages....

Bels
14-10-2009, 23:31
There are a few TEFL forums I and a few other members could recommend where you could rant as much as you like. But I would like to think that ours is that little bit more special as many of us here are expats living here with more experience here in Russia, and some of us are resident with families. This makes it a completely different way of thinking and knowledge.

AndreyS
14-10-2009, 23:33
Just start a thread in Information, or expat cafe sections. If it is that bad, you could even go for Bardak.

Sound idea. The only thing - to not forget to undress.

Bels
14-10-2009, 23:59
So get ranting as we enjoy a rant. :) But don't name ayy individual in your rants unless he's already very famous and deserves it :) There are some rules you know. But in general the sky's the limit.

Bels
15-10-2009, 00:00
Sound idea. The only thing - to not forget to undress.

Don't you want a photo. You sexist