PDA

View Full Version : Best Appartments?

Dude30
14-10-2009, 21:48
Hi All,
What is the best area with the newest appartments in Moscow on your opinion?
I'm looking for 1 bedroom (2 komnati ) appartment in the range of $4000US/month. I hope to find new appartment complex with gym/swimming pool facilities

Thank you.

Bels
14-10-2009, 22:06
I bet you will be flooded with agents pm's from this offer :)

I will be shocked if you are not taking it's now the renters or buyers market now. Believe me thay are desparate for survival now. You've got an oligarch apartment already.

Bels
14-10-2009, 22:12
And you only want one bedroom? is that foour rooms in Russian? A bedroom, a study, a dining room, lounge and kitchen breakfast room perhaps. All best quality furnishing ?

tvadim133
15-10-2009, 00:04
Hi All,
I'm looking for 1 bedroom (2 komnati ) appartment in the range of $4000US/month. I hope to find new appartment complex with gym/swimming pool facilities

Thank you.

It is worth going to the agency. The only thing is that the appartments in such kind of complex with gym/swimming pool/ garage/consierge/own park/ e.t.c. will cost no less then $10 000. :)

But having $4000 per month you will be able to rent something not very bad exactly in the centre.

Bels
15-10-2009, 00:10
It is worth going to the agency. The only thing is that the appartments in such kind of complex with gym/swimming pool/ garage/consierge/own park/ e.t.c. will cost no less then $10 000. :)

But having $4000 per month you will be able to rent something not very bad exactly in the centre.

ERR! So speaks an agent? Are an estate agent? I'd say wait a little, but perhaps you haven't got the time. It's just that there are so many empty new blocks around Russia recently? Some haven't even managed to complete these building yet without going bust, Look and see what's happenening Russia. We have modern ghost towns everywhere now.

Dude30
15-10-2009, 00:24
My company will provide me with an agent as they're paying for everything. But I just wanted to know for myself, kinda "off-the-record intel" so I wouldn't waste time on undersirable areas.

tvadim133
15-10-2009, 00:30
ERR! So speaks an agent? Are an estate agent? I'd say wait a little, but perhaps you haven't got the time. It's just that there are so many empty new blocks around Russia recently? Some haven't even managed to complete these building yet without going bust, Look and see what's happenening Russia. We have modern ghost towns everywhere now.

You (or somebody else) have already asked me if I am....

I am not and I am proud of it.:trampoline:

But I would agree, that there can be plenty of good offers soon (or may be now).

I hope that appartments in houses of A class (or business class) will be of good price.

As for me, i am waiting and willing to change mine for the better one.

Bels
15-10-2009, 00:34
By me keep bumping this thread up, I hope you get some interesting offers by pm

tvadim133
15-10-2009, 01:05
My company will provide me with an agent as they're paying for everything. But I just wanted to know for myself, kinda "off-the-record intel" so I wouldn't waste time on undersirable areas.

I am not an agent (as some would like me to become) but:

My advice is to find the place close to your office not to waist time in traffic jams (in case you drive).

In each district there can be more or less newest houses with good appartments (without pool, but good, of business class), frankly speaking.

I have never rented flats like that but I can guess.

In Moscow it is impossible to say where the best areas are (even in the centre) but there are plenty of "prestigious" places for example Kutuzovsky lane, Tverskaya str., Chistye Prudy e.t.c..

You are lucky if you can find an appartment in Allye Parusa to lease it.

I was at my friend's place there and I doubt that owners will do it even they are "in deeeeep crisis".

But it is possible to say where you must not live ever: Birulyovo, for example.

Dude30
15-10-2009, 20:43
Thank you everyone for replies. I guess I'll know more once I look around with my agent.

kapione
17-10-2009, 10:47
we have a super agent here on Expat.... she did a super job finding me a flat , search Tsaritsa(I may have spelled her expat name wrong)if you dont find her nickname, PM me I will be happy to message you her info ..... I do not know if I can do it openly here ,so,again PM me if need be

tzaritsa
17-10-2009, 12:46
Big Thank you Kevin!Its great to hear so wonderful words about my job!!!

Im always ready to help,Dude!Please,pm me.

rushan
17-10-2009, 17:30
Dude,
The area between Komsomolsky prospect and Frunzenskaya embankment

AmicusCuriaeNYC
19-10-2009, 06:43
Great and very useful post. What areas would you suggest for someone who is on a budget?

tzaritsa
19-10-2009, 17:31
You are lucky if you can find an appartment in Allye Parusa to lease it.

I was at my friend's place there and I doubt that owners will do it even they are "in deeeeep crisis".

Its not a problem to rent an apartment at Alye Parusa.There are several giving for rent now.

tzaritsa
19-10-2009, 17:37
Great and very useful post. What areas would you suggest for someone who is on a budget?

There are a lot of nice locations in Moscow,central and not so central.Usually people prefer to stay in office locatoin area coz of Moscow traffic.

AmicusCuriaeNYC
19-10-2009, 21:29
Any areas/metro stations to avoid?

tzaritsa
19-10-2009, 23:37

No,unfortunately.So why I was telling this.Its better to have comfort and walking or 1-2 metro stops distance from an office.There are a lot of nice apartments all over Moscow to choose.

tvadim133
20-10-2009, 00:41

Birulyovo area?

Maritimer
01-11-2009, 15:55
I'm also in the same boat as Dude30.

It seems my company's real estate department quotes apartment prices much higher than what they are actually worth. I think it would be better to seek one on my own, with help from a local friend.

Advice for finding a great apartment? I'd like to avoid the agencies (Evans, Pennylane, etc) targeting expats.

petra
03-11-2009, 17:22
Hi All,

Thank you.

There are plenty of sport compexes in Moscow, in center also. Why not to choose a flat you like that is close to a pool? season ticket + rent would be cheaper and you won't be so much limited in your choice :-)

rushan
07-11-2009, 02:19
I think it would be better to seek one on my own, with help from a local friend.
Right way, Maritimer.
I used cian (http://www.cian.ru/search.php?flats=yes&city=1) rental website - that's the one most of moscow agents contact through. That's the website helped me to figure it out market price and the most available in price terms appartments. In any case I would advice to work around, to find what's available in area. How easy the access to street if you've got a car etc.

wraddylan
12-11-2009, 09:47
It should be in low budget.

mandywilliams
27-01-2010, 09:12
My advice is to find the place close to your office not to waist time in traffic jams.hmmm

whizkid
27-01-2010, 11:43
hi there!

as a realtor myself I can recommend you to take a look at Zoologicheskaya street area (just tell your agent to pay a more attention to options there). as it's the only area close to the center with new buildings (relatively new-most of buildings were built 10 or more years ago) and there are enough apartments for rent within your budget ($3000-4000) AND there is a swimming pool and gym!
one of my clients rents 1-bedroom apt (livingroom-studio+bedroom) there, in 26,Zoologicheskaya for approx $4000 and it's really beautiful (what he likes the most is that there is a swimming-pool near his home and it's only 10 min bicycle-drive to Lotte Plaza where he works).
of course,it's overpriced even for Moscow (because you can get a bigger and better apt right on the Old Arbat) BUT I repeat, it's the only area in downtown Moscow with new buildings and secure territory and sports facilities.

if you're not interested in living in the center then you should consider North-West of Moscow.
as a realtor (as well as personally) I'd recommend you to look at Shukinskaya area. we have a lot of modern residential complexes over here (I'm not speaking about Alye Parusa complex because it's over the top. of course, you can try and find these few options for less than 3-4K..) anyway, there are several reasonabe and good complexes in Shukinskaya and Oktyabrskoe Pole areas (purple line, North-West). and BTW we have fitness clubs over here as well such as Republica Fitness (45KRUR/year) which is just huge and with a swimming-pool.
and in addition to all the facilities-Shukinskaya area is very green and safe. not so many people live here so it's really quiet. metro is close as well.

good luck with searching. I hope you'll find exactly what you want!
feel free to ask me for recommendation or if have any question.

best,
Kate Alekseeva

whizkid
27-01-2010, 11:55
I'm also in the same boat as Dude30.

It seems my company's real estate department quotes apartment prices much higher than what they are actually worth. I think it would be better to seek one on my own, with help from a local friend.

Advice for finding a great apartment? I'd like to avoid the agencies (Evans, Pennylane, etc) targeting expats.

you should use CIAN dot RU in case you want to seek for an apt on your own. but you really need a Russian friend who is experienced in Real Estate. because there are so many fake advs on this website and there are so many bad Russian Landlords and agents (if you know what I mean=). anyway, be careful when searching for an apt by yourself and note that there is always a chance to get a bargain and find reasonably priced apt in downtown Moscow (but ONLY if you have time and the right native speaker well experienced in Real Estate)!

good luck with that
and feel free to ask me if you need help

best,
Kate Alekseeva

your personal assistant and local ally!

Peter82
28-01-2010, 17:07
i agree with whizzkid - i used cian, but i had russian friend to go round flats with - but with a budget of $4,000, you can live like a king!

stoli7
04-02-2010, 12:35
I am wondering about Cian - do they include the full database from all agencies? Or is it just posted apartments from the respective agency?

AlexMC
05-02-2010, 13:14
the prices in Moscow are amazing even in times of financial crisis

whizkid
05-02-2010, 13:28
I am wondering about Cian - do they include the full database from all agencies? Or is it just posted apartments from the respective agency?

there are respective agencies, fake agencies (and fake advs)), fake realtors, private honest realtors, landlords themselves (fake and a real ones), etc

just be careful when dealing with unknown agencies/privat realtors if you seek for an apt by yourself .
but I would suggest you to find a reliable Russian friend (who is experienced in Real Estate) or a private realtor with recommendations.

feel free to ask me

best,
Kate Alekseeva

MoscowExpatSupport

whizkid
05-02-2010, 13:35
the prices in Moscow are amazing even in times of financial crisis

so are the salaries )))

vvv82
05-02-2010, 15:40
I personally think Aeroport/Sokol area is one of the best.

rushan
13-02-2010, 18:30
Sokol area
the only drawback is the "pants" traffic

khelzy09
16-02-2010, 06:58
i'm just wondering, how much is the average rent price?

Alexv
18-02-2010, 12:42
with such money you wont have a problem

mvoodoo
18-02-2010, 13:37
Hi All,

Thank you.

Dude, welcome to Moscow. In general, as I am sure you've heard, property in Moscow is very expensive. You seem to have set yourself a good budget, but $4k a month is not going to get you something very special, just a good 1br apartment in the centre.

There are almost no houses in Moscow that have their own gym and pool - simply put, its never been a priority. Those very few houses that do have them tend to be gated compounds and there aren't many in the centre, and if there are your budget won't stretch to one. I suggest you relax the gym/pool criteria and instead focus on getting an apartment close to a fitness centre gym.

In terms of 'nice' areas to live there are several. Most expats on expenses love the area of Patriarch Ponds (city centre, lots of great little cafes and restaurants, shops); both sides of Novy Arbat (older and better quality buildings, quieter neighbourhoods - but not that much in the way of shops or amenities); Frunzenskaya Naberezhnaya (top quality Soviet buildings, very green and quiet). The single top place for Russians with money is the 'Golden Mile' (Ostezhenka and Prechistenka). Very expensive property, but new 'designer' houses and probably your best bet to find apartments in houses that have gyms and pools.

To get a rough idea of what's out there in your price range, you should trawl through some of the realtor sites that cater to expats. Here are some:

www evans.ru/home
www intermarksavills.ru/services/rent/
rent.realtor.ru/en
www blackwood.ru/eng/index.php
www moscowresidencies.com/

nbogaard
18-02-2010, 17:03
We have a great landlord. We pay 100,000 roubles per month for a 6 room apartment in a newer concierge-staffed building. We have been there five years. We were originally paying in dollars and when the dollar ell to =/- 23 roubles, she asked to change to a rouble basis. We had a talk about it and I told her I would do it one time but if she asked to revert when the dollar rebounded, we would move. I also reminded her that we have never been even one day late with rent and that often we pay her early if it is inconvenient for her to come on the 1st.

She has another apartment for rent but it is only two rooms and it is somewhere around Belorusskiya metro. She wants 50,000 per month for that one. I have not seen the apartment, so I can't comment about it. If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll get her contact information for you. She only speaks Russian so unless your Russian is pretty good, you'll need help discussing things with her.

You can get a decent, probably bigger apartment for $4000 per month so, unless your employer will let you keep the unutilized portion, you are probably better off looking elsewhere.

nbogaard
18-02-2010, 17:04
the only drawback is the "pants" traffic

Okay, help me out here, Rushan, what on earth is "pants" traffic? Never heard the term.

tim2010
18-02-2010, 18:39
frynzinskaya naberezhnaya is really nice very clean area. Nice park near by, and not far from center.

rushan
21-02-2010, 23:36
Okay, help me out here
heard several times from colleagues who lives in N-W. I guess they mean Volokolamskoe and Leningradskoe roadway intersection.

sailormoon1
21-02-2010, 23:41

What is your company? It's must be very nise company if you have a 4000$ for a rent a flat ))))):twofaced:

Aleksey g
22-02-2010, 00:58
there is an agent i know his name is micheal,he usually get exclusive flats for expats,he is very smart,try to get him,he works with a lot of expat companies

coollikezhu
22-02-2010, 09:50
I just moved to Moscow and am renting a place for a similar price a few blocks up from Red Square. I looked mostly around Tverskaya, Patriarch's Pond and Petrovka. I find this (the center of town) to be a perfect location. Good luck!