PDA

View Full Version : Never go there

erkin80
09-10-2009, 21:00
Guy don't even try to go to this city.
There'e nothing to see there except for the Soviet era buldings and crappy monuments. Besides the level of crime in this town is quite high relativly to other cities.

GaNozri
09-10-2009, 21:02
Sounds like Baltimore, MD.

tvadim133
09-10-2009, 21:09
I have been to Voronezh for about 10 times (even more) in my life and I would agree that there is nothing to be seen from the point of view of tourism.

The city was ruined during the WW 2 completely.....

Regarding criminal situation, I do not know, due I have never faced any problems.

The most criminal thing in Voronezh was the condition of roads to my mind.

What has happend with you, man?

Moskauerin
10-10-2009, 23:25
Some time ago in the news there was info about racist attacks in this town. That's as much as I know.

mandelstam13
18-12-2009, 20:25
Voronezh is ok. True, there's not much to see. At least not since Fakel Voronezh got kicked out of the league...

FlakeySnowballer
10-01-2010, 00:41
Guy don't even try to go to this city.
There'e nothing to see there except for the Soviet era buldings and crappy monuments. Besides the level of crime in this town is quite high relativly to other cities.

Russian proverb says "Mosckva - Voronezh - xep dogonezh":11581:

tvadim133
10-01-2010, 01:26
Is it a proverb?

:applause:

I have never heard it!

And why it is impossible to catch up it?

FlakeySnowballer
10-01-2010, 11:49
Is it a proverb?

:applause:

I have never heard it!

And why it is impossible to catch up it?

Maybe it is a winged phrase.;)
Unfortunately i do not know the origin of this one.

FatAndy
11-01-2010, 11:25
It's just a proverb, sometimes with addition - Poezd... ;)

Stepanida
05-02-2010, 12:35
I am not agree)))
First, that's right that there not much to see in the city, because it was totally destroyed during war... But, it's imazing area. Just to see it you have to go around Voronezh. Lots of fantastic places!!! Only thing that you have to do to see it it's mooving!!! Seeting in hotel and walking around it will never bring you happyness))))
About crime. Enought quite city. Yes, there was some rasists acts, but no more than in other places. Any way, its more safe than in Moscow...

yuuki
10-02-2010, 20:43
It is an Albert Square saying :)
Voronezh was famous for its oak forests too which were all pulled down by Peter the Crazy to build his Navy and turn Voronezh surroundings into steppe. For the last 40 or so years the area is undergoing long and painful recovery. I was quite impressed while in Voronezh by the view of the period buildings at the central part of the city.

Vadim
10-02-2010, 21:06
Mushrooms are fantastic in Voronezh. I always buy some when diving through. Perfect for vodka, and a good value for money. People are also friendly, no sh!t please.

FlakeySnowballer
10-02-2010, 22:20
Yes, especially if you have Moscow and Moscow region signs on you car and you visit this wonderful city autopolice will be very very friendly to you. :D

FlakeySnowballer
10-02-2010, 22:22
Mushrooms are fantastic in Voronezh. I always buy some when diving through. Perfect for vodka, and a good value for money. People are also friendly, no sh!t please.

Did you see Cnezanna Denisovna there?

Vadim
10-02-2010, 22:28
Shall I?

FlakeySnowballer
10-02-2010, 23:05
Shall I?

It was a joke :-) Don't you watch Nasha Russia, a series with a teacher from Voronez ))

Bels
10-02-2010, 23:27

I pick my own in the forest, just follow the babooshkas. They are better than the shops provide.

Vadim
10-02-2010, 23:52
To Flakey. No, just couple of times, one time together with a couple of British friends. They called it racist :-) from very beginning. Is it? In my opinion it's not, but where can I get this movie in England? No chance.
To Bels. I'm buying from babushkas :-)

FlakeySnowballer
10-02-2010, 23:59
To Flakey. No, just couple of times, one time together with a couple of British friends. They called it racist :-) from very beginning. Is it? In my opinion it's not, but where can I get this movie in England? No chance.

You can watch it on rutube.ru.
It is a very funny show i do not think it is a racist one :-)

tvadim133
11-02-2010, 00:07

Agree!

Actually Voronezh people (and way and style of living) are alike Muscovites but there some differences:

1. they pronounce "G" too soft (like english "H");
2. girls are more beautiful then in Moscow (unfortunately);
3. men (let's say customers) are more meagre then in Moscow;
4. they are more friendly then in Moscow (3 times at least);
5. they like Muscovites and consider them to be very close to them in mentality;
6. Police are nicer then in Moscow

(even traffic police: once a policeman even told me where on the trassa (speed road) there were traps (you know) for dirvers with highr speed. Just he was communicative.)

SO I like Voronezh (and some other cities)!

But Parisiens are better (where I am now)

Vadim
11-02-2010, 03:26
Paris... Lucky. I do not speak any French. Never even tried. I tried German long ago, but had not enough time to continue, and will unlikely proceed any further with it.

andymackem
11-02-2010, 11:19

Isn't Nasha Russia based on Little Britain? Or maybe inspired by, at least. It certainly looks / feels very similar in style. Not a big fan of either, but wouldn't really call either show racist. Childish, maybe ...

As for Voronezh, I briefly dated a girl from there. And yes, she was very pretty. But it never sounded like a town I wanted to go to.

FlakeySnowballer
11-02-2010, 11:54
Isn't Nasha Russia based on Little Britain? Or maybe inspired by, at least. It certainly looks / feels very similar in style. Not a big fan of either, but wouldn't really call either show racist. Childish, maybe ...

As for Voronezh, I briefly dated a girl from there. And yes, she was very pretty. But it never sounded like a town I wanted to go to.

Yes, but Little Britain is not funny at all. I watched this snow one time. But Nasha Rusha is very very very funny show, especially the episodes with Gay-miller, with a man who likes talking to TV and with Gaishnik and Prostitute:tgif:

Vadim
11-02-2010, 16:23
I like these migrant workers most.

oxsanka84
16-05-2010, 22:02
Thanx

oxsanka84
16-05-2010, 22:05
[QUOTE=erkin80;584850]Guy don't even try to go to this city.
There'e nothing to see there except for the Soviet era buldings and crappy monuments. Besides the level of crime in this town is quite high relativly to other cities.[/QUth-

oxsanka84
16-05-2010, 22:06
Yes

is4fun
16-05-2010, 22:16
Voronezh... Crow place. My family name originates from that city. Great place for a Russian banya! Yes, Peter the 1st did start the Russian Navy there, which is why Russia had access to the Black Sea. Pretty smart actually.

ajaykapatia
25-05-2010, 14:16
Thanks for info

torrentstorm
26-05-2010, 16:40
Actually, when I was in Togliatti in 2006, we had a fellow Russian Professor in the University who was originally from Voronezh. He was about to retire soon, being past his age then, and was going back to be with his family. He asked me if I would like to visit sometime and maybe work there, and told me some nice things about Voronezh. I also remember way back in 1999, when I first started to visit dating websites, some of the most strikingly beautiful women I saw were from Voronezh (revealing my romantic side here - *ahem*).

Sadly it was not possible for me to go to Voronezh then, but I would like to say here and now that if there is someone there who could be my 'eyes and ears' to forward my CV to some University/High School or even Primary, I'd be pleased to make her/his acquaintance and continue preparations with the interested Institution. Basically, I don't want to send out blind emails, so I'd like someone to recommend me and take my documents to the Institute to prepare for the coming school year. We'd be making immediate contact via email and take things from there. First, of course, my new friend would like to know who I am and what is it I do.

Teaching, of course, is the main objective, but there's more to that because I am not your run-of-the-mill teacher, but that is a subject for another day.

Is there some nice friend, maybe colleague, lady or gent, who could help us out by being my forerunner?

Please drop me a note here or a pm, and I'll be happy to initiate contact via email right away. Thank you kindly! :)

Exciter
18-06-2010, 17:31
Dunno... been there twice in 2007. Drove a Range Rover with Moscow plates and never been stopped at all... Loved the hotel (Art-hotel). Loved the people. Loved the girls. One of them took me one night to a romantic walk along the river. 'Twas really kewl! Oh, yeah... and to a pretty cool night-club. A bit on a modest side and unpretencious but cool... Didn't see any crime there... I guess it is there - it's just that I didn't see any...

coledavis
24-08-2011, 14:29
Well, you could go to Elets. It's small but much more attractive.