PDA

View Full Version : mail form u.s

jkalathas
08-10-2009, 22:22
does get here easy or they is it strict with packages from u.s.a

robertmf
08-10-2009, 22:34
does get here easy or they is it strict with packages from u.s.a

Early Summer I sent a box Philadelphia -> Moscow that arrived in 1 week.

Remington
08-10-2009, 23:15
Don't ship or mail anything expensive. If the Russian customs see something they like and you can kiss it goodbye.

tvadim133
08-10-2009, 23:22
Don't ship or mail anything expensive. If the Russian customs see something they like and you can kiss it goodbye.

It is not so....do not forget that courier companies are responsible for the shipment more or less.

Customs officers are under control all the time at the point of the storage (I saw how many video recorders they have got in the WH where shipments are).

The only thing is that when you send something (not documents) it is considered to be under the customs clearance and that will take time.

For instance, to send a document from USA to Moscow will take 3-4 days and parcels can be delivered after 4 days + some days for customs clearance.

Remington
09-10-2009, 03:00
It is not so....do not forget that courier companies are responsible for the shipment more or less.

Customs officers are under control all the time at the point of the storage (I saw how many video recorders they have got in the WH where shipments are).

The only thing is that when you send something (not documents) it is considered to be under the customs clearance and that will take time.

For instance, to send a document from USA to Moscow will take 3-4 days and parcels can be delivered after 4 days + some days for customs clearance.

Then how do you explain the package sent from my brother in USA never arrived here and I've been waiting for it since December 2008? I did check at the post office and they have no trace of it but it cleared customs. I heard stories from other expats with their missing packages or contents after it went thru the customs.

jkalathas
09-10-2009, 10:20
so if my brother sends me vitamins,razors,vivarin it wont make it to my adrress.....in greece i had no problems with u.s-greek post?

tvadim133
09-10-2009, 12:35
so if my brother sends me vitamins,razors,vivarin it wont make it to my adrress.....in greece i had no problems with u.s-greek post?

My advice is following:

to ask your post office (courier office) if there are any limitaions to send medicine (Vitamins) to Russia (there should be a list of preparations or theirs components which are forbidden to import).

As for razors e.t.c. may be it is worth buying all that staff in Russia?

There are plenty of international brands presenting in this contry.

mikegulf
10-10-2009, 19:53
Hi all, we mail things from the States to Elabuga every couple of months and get things from there about as often. For some reason stuff coming from there to here only takes a few days to a week. Envelopes from the States to there only take a week or so, however, packages seem to take longer to get there. We sent gifts for New Years last year. We mailed them in early November and they didnt get there until late January! Everything got there but it took forever. Now we wire money instead! It gets there ASAP and doesnt cost nearly as much. The postage on the gifts cost MORE than the gifts themselves!