PDA

View Full Version : business visa?

jkalathas
08-10-2009, 15:47
is it hard to obtain..tourist visa was really easy?

tasel
08-10-2009, 16:04
Obtaining the visa at the embassy is not that difficult, if the company which issues the invitation is a reputed once.

Remington
08-10-2009, 17:37
The only difference is that you need an original invitation for business visa so the inviting company will have to mail it to you. Russian consulate will not accept xeroxed or printed copy of business invitation.

Bels
08-10-2009, 21:33
Liga consultants are one who can supply you with an invitation and has been well priced in my experience and thay also provide you tha dvice and support. After this the process is easy. From there you should find the Russian embassy most convenient to you. Coming from you original country or country wher have right of residence for more than ninety days is best.

Here is the advice the agency now working for the Russian Embassy. The rule and advice is much the same as you will experience.

Hopefully this simple information is the same for you applying to your nearest Embassy in USA or Greece.

Reading it I think they do accept faxed or copied invitations for business invitations.

Remington
08-10-2009, 23:11
Reading it I think they do accept faxed or copied invitations for business invitations.

Nope. Not in my case. They asked me for telex or original invitation for any business visas. They can accept faxed or copied invitation for tourist visa but they have the rights to ask for the original.

I have been doing business visa runs every 3 months for the past 1.5 year and I'm leaving in a week for another visa run.

Bels
08-10-2009, 23:28
I must admit when I went for visa it was when it was direct from the Russian Embassy and their instructions and advice were much better. It was made clear that aalthough they pereferred original invitions the will accept copies.

Now that they use an agency everything appears more vague and very starange and I hope I never need to use them again. The service appears to be now destroyed.

Here's the link and as you see there is no mention of an invitation for business visa or whether it could be copy or not. Their services appear to have gone downhill and no longer a sameday service. Bad for relationships I believe.
Here's the best part of link I could find Russia Visa (http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/visacategories.aspx)

Remington
09-10-2009, 03:06
I must admit when I went for visa it was when it was direct from the Russian Embassy and their instructions and advice were much better. It was made clear that aalthough they pereferred original invitions the will accept copies.

Now that they use an agency everything appears more vague and very starange and I hope I never need to use them again. The service appears to be now destroyed.

Here's the link and as you see there is no mention of an invitation for business visa or whether it could be copy or not. Their services appear to have gone downhill and no longer a sameday service. Bad for relationships I believe.
Here's the best part of link I could find Russia Visa (http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/visacategories.aspx)

I don't use an agency and I deal everything directly with the consulate in US. Maybe your consulate have different rules. We know all of them have different rules and that's Russia.

Swordfish90293
09-10-2009, 08:26
I don't use an agency and I deal everything directly with the consulate in US. Maybe your consulate have different rules. We know all of them have different rules and that's Russia.

Remy,

I'm in your same boat heading back to the States to secure another visa. However I just noticed on the San Francisco Consulate website that they no longer accept applications by mail, only from designated agents or by the applicant themselves in person.

Just as well. Rusonline is bulletproof if not a bit pricey.

What does Liga get for a 3 month invitation?

Any indication that visa restrictions will ease now that the business climate is being addressedbetween the U.S. and Russia?

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil."

Bels
09-10-2009, 14:02

There are agents and there are agents. this is an agency outsourced by the Russian Embassy in Lndon. You have no choice but to apply to themYou still do anything direct in a sense. But many embassies now outsource their applications for visas to a private company. That's what's happened in London and that's what's happened with the British Embassy in Moscow.

Here's an example when you attempt apply for a visa at the Russian embassy

in London you will be directed to their outsourced agent, costing you a lot more and no longer can you get a visa on the sameday. Americans applying in London will have to wait 10-14 days.

So what has happened in UK could well eventually happen in the USA

Remington
09-10-2009, 14:44
So what has happened in UK could well eventually happen in the USA

It already happened to few Russian consulates in USA but not in my home state in New York. I also do visa runs to Kiev and Odessa and they still ask for original invitation.

Remington
09-10-2009, 15:07
What does Liga get for a 3 month invitation?

Around 1800 rubles for 7 days but cheaper if 14 or more days processing.

Any indication that visa restrictions will ease now that the business climate is being addressedbetween the U.S. and Russia?

Knowing Russia... nothing gets simpler. :)