PDA

View Full Version : Minsk (belarus)

fairy-tale
08-10-2009, 11:08
Hello,
if you gonna visit Minsk and need some advises or information about city itself, hotels, bars, sightseeings, I can share the information.
I know this city very well.
Also, if someone is interested in doing business in Misnk (representative office for ex.), I can give some practical advises and be helpful during organisation process (office search, people hiring, taxes, import).
So, you are welcome with questions about MINSK...
Natalia

Kangaroo495
08-10-2009, 14:10
Hello,
if you gonna visit Minsk and need some advises or information about city itself, hotels, bars, sightseeings, I can share the information.
I know this city very well.
Also, if someone is interested in doing business in Misnk (representative office for ex.), I can give some practical advises and be helpful during organisation process (office search, people hiring, taxes, import).
So, you are welcome with questions about MINSK...
Natalia

I was in Minsk recently. It's a great city! What's the name of the club in the underground shopping center (which looks like the Manezh in Moscow)? That's was awesome! :)

Business in Belarus? Is there such a thing? ;)

fairy-tale
08-10-2009, 18:38
Hi!
The name of club is "Times", but I haven't been there.
As for business in Minsk, believe me, there is such thing! :-)

FatAndy
08-10-2009, 18:48
there is such thing! :-) - yes, I confirm. Not so cool like in Russia, but it exists.

Kangaroo495
09-10-2009, 13:10
Hi!
The name of club is "Times", but I haven't been there.
As for business in Minsk, believe me, there is such thing! :-)

So maybe you've got some interesting business ideas for us..? Where should be invest?

FatAndy
09-10-2009, 13:27
ОАО "Красный пищевик" (http://www.zefir.by/) - it is not Minsk, it is sacred town Bobruisk, but zefir is VERY tasty ;)

Kangaroo495
09-10-2009, 13:34
ОАО "Красный пищевик" (http://www.zefir.by/) - it is not Minsk, it is sacred town Bobruisk, but zefir is VERY tasty ;)

True! Confectionary factories can be EXTREMELY profitable in poorer countries (sorry fairy-tale, I don't want to say Belarus is poor, but just an emerging market at this stage).

I also noticed, that the Belarussians have a delicious vodka called "Bulbasha" (I think) or Khlebnaya Vodka. I drank a lot of it at a wedding in Brest I was attending. Then I decided to switch to Russky Standart. Argh! It was awful compared to the Bulbasha! That could be something to export to other countries.

FatAndy
09-10-2009, 14:00
Argh! It was awful compared to the Bulbasha! - maybe just not fresh one? ;)

fairy-tale
09-10-2009, 18:25
Yes, you are absolutely right, Belarus is just an emerging market at this stage, but those who invest now have a good chance to be first. It's harder to be first, but you gain a wide choice on this stage and can win more than others...
Actually, as for investements (with minimum investements), the most popular are Milavitsa and Serge (woman lingerie) and, of corse, confecionary (Kommunarka, Spartak and others from Belkonditer holding).

As for me I live in Moscow for the moment, but I worked for some international representative offices in Minsk, they were happy with business opportunities :-)

atlantica
10-11-2009, 14:34
Fairy-tale,
do you have any experience in B2B sphere. A friend of mine is going to settle small office in Minsk and need some help.

fairy-tale
10-11-2009, 14:38
Hi, please, PM me, we can discuss what exactly should be done.

Belarus
23-06-2011, 18:07
Yes, a lot has changed since the last post. Currency crisis in Belarus still going on. As a general advice to anyone -- do not use cards when paying bills. Your money will be converted under official rate which is 5000 BYR per 1 USD. Unofficial rate now is around 6000 - 6200 BYR for 1 USD. Bring cash with you.

Kangaroo495
24-06-2011, 13:40
Yes, a lot has changed since the last post. Currency crisis in Belarus still going on. As a general advice to anyone -- do not use cards when paying bills. Your money will be converted under official rate which is 5000 BYR per 1 USD. Unofficial rate now is around 6000 - 6200 BYR for 1 USD. Bring cash with you.

Thanks! I am going to Belarus in September. Good advice. So is everything there much cheaper now?