PDA

View Full Version : Exparty

DJ Biscuit
06-10-2009, 21:15
Hi all, been a while!

Just wanted to let you know that in association with our Anglo Russian Theatre shows, which bring theatre and performance to Pivo Vody Bar I have been asked to organise expat parties there every Sunday. This basically entails live Premier League football games in the lounge room on comfy sofas with beer promotions, an evening of live music and DJs and 20% discount on the whole menu all day and evening.

This Sunday we have as part of the ongoing Anglo Russian Theatre project...

SUNDAY 11th OCTOBER

ENGLISH ACTORS INTERNATIONAL PRESENT ANGLO RUSSIAN THEATRE

SEMB
New classical and crossover (keyboards, violin, clarinet)

SEMB is a trio of outstanding young performers, dedicated to bringing classical music out of the concert-hall and into clubs and public spaces. SEMB's players can often be seen among the ranks of Moscow's leading orchestras - but this is what they do for their own enjoyment, and to share with you. SEMB is old with new - trusted tradition mixed with new ideas.

The programme is always flexible and subject to change, but it's likely they'll be performing some jazz improvisations alongside Darius Milhaud, Beethoven and Sarasate. This is music written to be enjoyed in salons among friends - so bring your drinks into the bar to join us. They'll play two sets of around 45 minutes each.

Plus poetry performance from Martin J. Cooke (Mars)

Your host for the evening will be stand up comedian – Chris Karle. (London) :)

Starts at 7pm.

‘Music as you’ve never heard it, poetry as you’ve never seen it and comedy as you never wanted!’

Then the inevitable party after.

If you find me I'll give you a welcome shot of whisky!

The week after will be dedicated to football during the day and dancing and drinking in the evening....

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!

PIVO VODY BAR - 26/1 Sretinka Ulitsa, Sukherevskaya Metro.

uncle hippo
06-10-2009, 21:43
great

Vitalina
08-10-2009, 00:08
Today I was be in PIVO VODY BAR ) It is very nice place) Very tasty many small cakes on one plate):inlove:

DJ Biscuit
08-10-2009, 00:31
Yeah, it's a cool place.

Just so everyone knows, I don't work there - my theatre group puts performances on there and I like the place so am just helping them out.

Vitalina
08-10-2009, 00:48
I want to see this performances so much but I think i will be late( I will go here only after 10 PM

is4fun
08-10-2009, 00:54
Good to see you posting again. Had wondered what happened?

DJ Biscuit
08-10-2009, 23:03
I want to see this performances so much but I think i will be late( I will go here only after 10 PM

Yes the performance will be over but people will still be having fun!

DJ Biscuit
08-10-2009, 23:05
Good to see you posting again. Had wondered what happened?

Hi,thanks.

Not much really, moved flats a couple of time and not been working in an environment with internet. As you can see I am now working full time in the world of acting, which means working infrequently! :)

Bels
08-10-2009, 23:09
Perhaps you will be a star one day as you are here. Welcome to your return here.

pjw
09-10-2009, 00:25
I want to see this performances so much but I think i will be late( I will go here only after 10 PMDon't worry if you're late Vitalina:sunny:Just come. Sounds like you're really looking forward to it and I think you're going to have a really interesting evening of fun & entertainment.;)

DJ Biscuit
09-10-2009, 01:27
Perhaps you will be a star one day as you are here. Welcome to your return here.

Thank you.

Involved in lots of projects, going to lots of auditions but the main thing is to do it, that's why I and my colleagues who are also trained actors and directors and like me, have been doing this on and off all their lives set up the Anglo Russian Theatre because if you're not acting, you're not an actor.

We have also started a small drama school, teaching drama to Russians - in English.

DJ Biscuit
12-10-2009, 00:02
Thanks to those that came along tonight for a rather unusual and successful evening of classical music cross over jazz type thing, and a few jokes from me, that people apparently laughed at inwardly !

Next week Pivo Vodi are doing a typical expat thing with live English Premier Football followed by a Hit & Mix Disco Party and 20% discount on the menu all day and evening, oh...and you will see me there, so what more could you want? That is a totally rehtorical question so no funny comments - actually no, I could do with some funny comments after my stand up routine tonight fell down. LOL!

AND!! In two weeks time Anglo Russian Theatre, presented by English Actors International will be performing a British Humour Sketch Night - Pete and Dud, Monty Python, and some classic monologues - you really should support this sh*t, I mean stuff!

If you want to know more, I believe The Moscow News are doing a piece on us on Tuesday.

Max77
12-10-2009, 17:36
Thanks to those that came along tonight for a rather unusual and successful evening of classical music cross over jazz type thing, and a few jokes from me, that people apparently laughed at inwardly !

Next week Pivo Vodi are doing a typical expat thing with live English Premier Football followed by a Hit & Mix Disco Party and 20% discount on the menu all day and evening, oh...and you will see me there, so what more could you want? That is a totally rehtorical question so no funny comments - actually no, I could do with some funny comments after my stand up routine tonight fell down. LOL!

AND!! In two weeks time Anglo Russian Theatre, presented by English Actors International will be performing a British Humour Sketch Night - Pete and Dud, Monty Python, and some classic monologues - you really should support this sh*t, I mean stuff!

If you want to know more, I believe The Moscow News are doing a piece on us on Tuesday.

Sorry, missed the show.
My buddy and I came too late - they were cleaning the stage already.
But honestly, I am coming back for the drinks, the meal and the MUSIC, something that we were able to catch up with!

Great place, hope to see the show next time.
Prices are surprisingly low esp. with a 20% discount!

Cheers,

:5387:

MissAnnElk
12-10-2009, 21:11
I have been to two events there now and plan to go as often as possible. It's a very nice venue. You will likely see SOMEONE you know. I recommend it.

:10806:

MissAnnElk
12-10-2009, 22:17

Indeed. We're both in the paper this week.

Moscow News - Theater - Make mine a Pinter (http://moscownews.ru/theater/20091012/55389898.html)

Max77
13-10-2009, 11:13
Are you a professional actor?
Did you really perform this time??
:bowdown:

DJ Biscuit
13-10-2009, 21:00
Yes to the first question, no to the second - we had some classical cross over musicians on Sunday. I will be performing on the 25th October at Pivo Vody. And in November at Art Media Alliance Studio Theatre.

DJ Biscuit
13-10-2009, 21:01
PIVO VODY BAR

Presents

EXPAT SUNDAYS

This week 18th October

LIVE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL

4pm BLACKBURN vs. BURNLEY

7pm WIGAN vs. MANCHESTER CITY

*PLUS*

20% DISCOUNT ON THE ENTIRE MENU ALL DAY AND EVENING!

HIT & MIX DISCO PARTY from 9pm

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!

NEXT THEATRE DATE: 25th October.