PDA

View Full Version : marrying a russian girl?

jkalathas
06-10-2009, 14:53
is this better for staying in moscow and working here?

SV1973a
06-10-2009, 16:54
is this better for staying in moscow and working here?
Being married gives you the ability to apply for Temporary Residence Permit, outside of the set quota.
Once you have the TRP you can obtain a Work Permit.
You can also try to obtain TRP without being married, but that will be very difficult (I think in practice it will be nearly impossible).

However, I think that if you intend to get married, you should let other motives guide you.

jkalathas
06-10-2009, 17:10
thanxs man....i totally agree with motives!

SV1973a
06-10-2009, 17:15
thanxs man....i totally agree with motives!

Oh, and if you start counting from the date of your wedding day, you need at least 7 months to get the TRP. In practice, it will be considerably longer cause you need to collect a whole lot of documents and have to do medical checks.
You can read about horror-stories related to these issues in other threads on this forum.

Remington
06-10-2009, 17:18
You can also try to obtain TRP without being married, but that will be very difficult (I think in practice it will be nearly impossible).

It's almost impossible in Moscow, Moscow Oblast and Leningrad Oblast (St. Petersburg) to get TRP . You can get TRP in Moscow but years on the waiting list. It's easier to get TRP in oblasts that isn't near Moscow or Leningrad where there are small number of foreigners residing in the area.

SV1973a
06-10-2009, 17:23
It's almost impossible in Moscow, Moscow Oblast and Leningrad Oblast (St. Petersburg) to get TRP . You can get TRP in Moscow but years on the waiting list. It's easier to get TRP in oblasts that isn't near Moscow or Leningrad where there are small number of foreigners residing in the area.

and even if you manage to get a TRP in some remote region or city, you can only get a WP that will be for the same region. Not possible to get a TRP in say Irkutsk and then apply for WP in Moscow.

Remington
06-10-2009, 17:26
and even if you manage to get a TRP in some remote region or city, you can only get a WP that will be for the same region. Not possible to get a TRP in say Irkutsk and then apply for WP in Moscow.

Right. If get a TRP in Irkutsk and must remain there until get PRP then you can work anywhere without work permit.