PDA

View Full Version : Work permit with European work contract ??

marco67
05-10-2009, 10:44
:10168:
Dear ALL,
Please can you give me a suggestion?
Now I have business visa, but I must follow rules of 90/180.
Next week I will receive a work visa, but no immediately a Russian contract.
I will continue with the actual one in Europe.
This is a problem?
Can I have a work visa, but with a European contract??

Bels
05-10-2009, 10:49
A work visa maybe. But how are you going to get your permit without an employer in Russia. You can't stay and work here without the permit.

marco67
05-10-2009, 10:55
Now I have business visa.
The russian contract will arrive in the next future (I still discuss about the salary).
When I will made the new work visa, the russian contract must be already signed ??

tgma
05-10-2009, 11:27
I don't think you can get a work visa without a contract - your employer would have to show this to the FMS. But they may have a document that shows some nominal amount in roubles, while your full salary gets paid offshore, this is not unusual.
If your employer is well connected with the FMS, or has a strong visa department, then they can get the work permit (and therefore a work visa) without a contract, I'm sure. But this sort of employer normally does everything "white" i.e. your Russian contract would reflect your full salary.
Sorry not to be more helpful, but the rules are fluid. If you have the work visa, that's all that matters as far as the Russian government is concerned. No one will stop you coming into the country if you don't have a contract.

marco67
05-10-2009, 12:26
Thanks for the welcome answers.
So probably is possible have here in Russian a contract with "some meny", then in Europe the actual contract, with the full payment.
In this case I have to pay 2 time taxes (Europe and Russia), but probably one the separate incoming, not on the total.

What you think?

Bels
05-10-2009, 12:38
Things are not quite clear yet. Am I to assume that you do have a company employer legally based in Russia? Who is capable of contacting the Russian Ministry of foriegn affairs and arranging permission for you to work here?

Also how did you get your visa? You must have needed an invitation from your company employer based in Russia to get the correct visa. Visa only covers entry, there are other stages to go yet before you have legal permission to work in Russia.

Bels
05-10-2009, 12:42
Thanks for the welcome answers.
So probably is possible have here in Russian a contract with "some meny", then in Europe the actual contract, with the full payment.
In this case I have to pay 2 time taxes (Europe and Russia), but probably one the separate incoming, not on the total.

What you think?

Taxes will be sorted out for you with your legal employer based in Russia. Unless of course you are coming freelance, then you will need to get an entrepeneurs' licence and be responsible for sorting out your own taxes.

Bels
05-10-2009, 12:47
Now I have business visa.
The russian contract will arrive in the next future (I still discuss about the salary).
When I will made the new work visa, the russian contract must be already signed ??

NO NO NO You will have entry with your visa. To get the appropriate visa it must have an inviting letter from your employer to be useful later when you arrive in Russia. Contracts can be sorted out later. Visa on its own right has only purpose and that entry and exit.

moscowbni
06-10-2009, 13:19
Your BUISNESS visa allows you to visit on business trips. It does not allow you to work in Russia. Once your employer obtains a work permit, they will have to apply for a new WORK visa tied to your work permit.

Once you have a work permit and your Letter of Invitation for a WORK visa, you will need to leave Russia, and go to your home country to obtain the new WORK VISA. (When you come back under the WORK visa, you will have to sign the Russian work contract and then you will be allowed to work in Russia.) It is a single entry WORK VISA valid for 60 or 90 days. Once in Russia, the employer will take your Russian work contract, your work permit, your passport, and get you a one year multiple entry WORK VISA that does not have limitations and allows you to live and work in Russia. This last part is all done in Russia without you having to leave Russia.

Good luck