PDA

View Full Version : landline phone

AmyB
04-10-2009, 20:42
I was late in paying my phone bill and apparently because of that the phone was disconnected. Have since paid RoseTelekom, however, and it hasn't been reconnected. Is there something special I have to do or just go back to their office?

AndreyS
04-10-2009, 20:50
I was late in paying my phone bill and apparently because of that the phone was disconnected. Have since paid RoseTelekom, however, and it hasn't been reconnected. Is there something special I have to do or just go back to their office?

Amy, dial (495)636-0-636, it's MGTS customer service call center, and explain the prob to them, they will tell you what to do. Your Russian level is more than enough for that,

AmyB
04-10-2009, 21:16
Thanks Andrey!

Bels
04-10-2009, 21:26
Andrey is our number one Russian helper with also a lot of international knowledge and experience. He's a traveller and I'm wondering if not the best here in communicating in English. I will leave that one well alone as I see there are a good number of Russians and those who don't have English as their first language. But he appears one of the best and the one who will give the best advice for local typical Russian problems.

pjw
04-10-2009, 21:33
Hey Amy.
I know this problem you're talking about. It's totally frustrating! But Andrey is a good guy. If U ask him, he'll help U. But you've got to ask him. If U just wait..............................
Better to ask him.

AndreyS
04-10-2009, 21:42
Thank you guys, I am impressed with your warm words. But if you overpraise me, I might be feeling a bit too important, and you will have to bring me down. Thank you in advance for that. ;-)

pjw
04-10-2009, 21:55
Yes Andrey.:agree:We'll bring U down.Hard;)

Now help Amy with her telephone crisis if she asks U. Otherwise come back to the group.;)

FatAndy
05-10-2009, 11:01
2 AmyB:
Rostelecom (Ростелеком – оператор международной и междугородной связи, интернет провайдер. (http://www.rt.ru) , long-distance calls operator) doesn't disconnest your line. Never. They can only switch off your long distance access until long distance bills are paid.
Line disconnection can be done only by MGTS if you didn't pay for your local phone bills sent by MGTS (Московская городская телефонная сеть (http://www.mgts.ru)).
It can be done also by your local small operator other than MGTS, but they form not more than 2-3% of all lines in the city.