PDA

View Full Version : swimming pools

lovelycynthia83
04-10-2009, 16:11
looking for swimming pool nearby spartivnaya metro besides lushniki for daily swimming hours

playdoughworld
13-10-2009, 18:15
Hey, there is a swimming pool right by luzhniki stadium. It is right across from the vorobyovy gory metro entrance and has long opening hours BUT you need a spravka to use it. Does anyone know how to get one if you are a british citizen without the hassle of getting lots of medical paperwork?

Hope that helps slightly!

NotAnAngel
20-10-2009, 18:56
Hey, there is a swimming pool right by luzhniki stadium. It is right across from the vorobyovy gory metro entrance and has long opening hours BUT you need a spravka to use it. Does anyone know how to get one if you are a british citizen without the hassle of getting lots of medical paperwork?

Hope that helps slightly!

The only reasonable way to get this spravka is to buy it, I guess... It takes enormous amount of time to get it legally even for russians... healthy russians... Seems that I had the number somewhere..

Shutnik
21-10-2009, 17:29
looking for swimming pool nearby spartivnaya metro besides lushniki for daily swimming hours

One of the closest - "Chaika" pool - (m. Park Kultury) - that is a no-roof pool open every day, including winters. Water is warm (+28...+30) and you can get from the shower to the pool and back without getting cold. Great experience, especially when it is snowing! ;)

As for the "spravka", there are two legal ways:

1. Visit a physician and ask him to make you a 6-month "spravka for pool swimming" (if you have a medical insurance, that would be free of charge). Takes 10-15 mins to check your feet, hands, heart pressure and a few questions.

2. Visit a doctor in the pool (cost depends on the pool). Big ones have a doctor working there all the time. Takes 5 mins.

NotAnAngel
21-10-2009, 23:49
One of the closest - "Chaika" pool - (m. Park Kultury) - that is a no-roof pool open every day, including winters. Water is warm (+28...+30) and you can get from the shower to the pool and back without getting cold. Great experience, especially when it is snowing! ;)

As for the "spravka", there are two legal ways:

1. Visit a physician and ask him to make you a 6-month "spravka for pool swimming" (if you have a medical insurance, that would be free of charge). Takes 10-15 mins to check your feet, hands, heart pressure and a few questions.

2. Visit a doctor in the pool (cost depends on the pool). Big ones have a doctor working there all the time. Takes 5 mins.

Can you please let me know where this nice physician is? Is it state poliklinika? Then I'd really like to have that service. When I was trying to get this spravka 6 months ago it took me more than a month. Half a day spent in a line to physician and every doctor from his list, lots of tests, they managed to lose the results at the end... So, I'd be happy if your advice allows me not to go through all that hell again.

Doctor in swimming pool - nice idea, unfortunately, at mine they still ask this spravka, so I don't seem to have many options...

Shutnik
22-10-2009, 10:20
Well, I did a spravka in a few places:

1. a private hospital "Lechebnyi Centr", Timura Frunze str., but for that you need a paid medical insurance - free of charge

2. Chaika swimming pool - for that you need to pay some money (300 or 500 rur, do not remember)

3. Saturn swimming pool (Ramenskoe) - cheaper than in Chaika.

Never had any problems.

NotAnAngel
22-10-2009, 22:04
That's exactly what I mean by buying it: go to private doctor and get it there... :) Thanks anyway)
I've just been told that at MISIS University's swimming pool possible to get it for 250 rur and the spravka is ok everywhere. It's not far from my office, so I'm going to check that up asap)))

playdoughworld
25-10-2009, 23:23
Thanks for the info guys!!

Do you know if you need a spravka for each individual pool you go to or do yoy get one you can use anywhere?? Also Chaika is closed for refurblishment, does anyone know when it will be open again? And do you need to have a swimming hat, one piece swimming costume and googles to swim?

tvadim133
25-10-2009, 23:51
That's exactly what I mean by buying it: go to private doctor and get it there... :) Thanks anyway)
I've just been told that at MISIS University's swimming pool possible to get it for 250 rur and the spravka is ok everywhere. It's not far from my office, so I'm going to check that up asap)))

When you "buy" a spravka, Private doctor will check your simptoms of derma illnesses nevertheless. If there are, he will not give it to you.

NotAnAngel
26-10-2009, 10:38
When you "buy" a spravka, Private doctor will check your simptoms of derma illnesses nevertheless. If there are, he will not give it to you.
Then I really don't have to care about that - fortunately healthy)) What I'm talking about - is that one has to kill enormous amount of time just in order to verify that he is healthy (in state policlinika) which only takes 20 min if he pays for that. It looks like if they don't have what to do. I really don't understand why necessary to make AIDS test to go to smimming pool. It's only one from the list...

Kartoshka
26-10-2009, 14:23
I really don't understand why necessary to make AIDS test to go to smimming pool. It's only one from the list...

Because you can catch AIDS from swimming pools. Didn't you know? ;)

NotAnAngel
26-10-2009, 18:22
Because you can catch AIDS from swimming pools. Didn't you know? ;)
Don't think it's more possible than at dentist's, masseur's, hairdresser's and even while learning English;) But those don't ask for any spravkas at all...:nut:

NotAnAngel
26-10-2009, 18:35
Thanks for the info guys!!

Do you know if you need a spravka for each individual pool you go to or do yoy get one you can use anywhere?? Also Chaika is closed for refurblishment, does anyone know when it will be open again? And do you need to have a swimming hat, one piece swimming costume and googles to swim?

If you get spravka at the pool's doctor - it's may be only ok for that pool. If you get it at private doctor - make it sure that they have licence. If they do - it's ok everywhere, if they don't - it's only ok for your own bath...If you get it in state policlinika, it's ok everywhere - if you manage to get it there...

...swimming hat, swimming costume, slippers, as well as bast whisp, shampoo, towel. You may also need fen...