PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Native (From London) Teacher Currently Available

Bluebird
28-09-2009, 03:05
I am a British citizen and I am from London: I have over 15 years experience in TEFL and have worked with some of the top companies and their key personnel in Moscow, over the past few years.

I hold the TEFL diploma certificate as well as the CELTA.

I have excellent experience with the Cambridge exams (FCE, Advanced and IELTS) preparation and the TOEFL tests, as well as English for Special Purposes and legal English.

I am also experienced at working with young children and teenagers.

I am fluent in Russian, which I consider to be a plus, as I can quickly understand and identify your particular problems with correct choice of vocabulary (in context - inc phrasal verbs) and the English tense system.

I am also available for (Russian into English) translation work and (taking part in business meetings) interpreting.

I am available for either individual or small (6 people) group study sessions; either at your office or any other place convenient to you.

My hobbies include: golf, reading, walking, chess, cinema, Russian billiards, sailing, photography and current affairs.

Therefore, if it is just conversational English and/or maintaining/improving your current level of English - then perhaps this alternative idea could also be for you?

I would be delighted to hear from you - to discuss your needs and my fees.

Please PM me, with your contact details and I will get back to you.

P.S. Travelling is not a problem for me.

Bels
28-09-2009, 11:23
This is the teachers' discussion folder. Is there anything you wish to discuss?
You are welcome to advertise, but everywhere has its place.

Bluebird
28-09-2009, 16:03
This is the teachers' discussion folder. Is there anything you wish to discuss?
You are welcome to advertise, but everywhere has its place.

Opppsss, that was not intentional and I duly apologise...It's been a long, long while since I started using this forum again and obviously things have changed. Once again I do apologise...

Bels
28-09-2009, 21:39
Opppsss, that was not intentional and I duly apologise...It's been a long, long while since I started using this forum again and obviously things have changed. Once again I do apologise...

No problem :) and I hope I didn't sound unfriendly or authoritive, as I have no more athority than you have here. I am a member the same as you.

Yes things have changed and for the good I believe. You might remember that this folder was given to us teachers due to an admin who was fed up with teachers moaning and groaning in other related teachers sections. It might hve been against an employer such as a school or a teacher etc. He virtually told us this was our section and do what we like on it , but don't make your negative comments in the lessons section. Not in the same words of course but that's the jist of it.

So here we are and this is our folder, and to a certain degree we can say what we like within reason of course, as we are still public for all to see.

But I think it has developed very nicely and decently. What do you think?

Bluebird
28-09-2009, 23:05
No problem :) and I hope I didn't sound unfriendly or authoritive, as I have no more athority than you have here. I am a member the same as you.

Yes things have changed and for the good I believe. You might remember that this folder was given to us teachers due to an admin who was fed up with teachers moaning and groaning in other related teachers sections. It might hve been against an employer such as a school or a teacher etc. He virtually told us this was our section and do what we like on it , but don't make your negative comments in the lessons section. Not in the same words of course but that's the jist of it.

So here we are and this is our folder, and to a certain degree we can say what we like within reason of course, as we are still public for all to see.

But I think it has developed very nicely and decently. What do you think?

Many thanks for your in-depth/enlightening reply.

In answer to what I think...??? First let me make a coffee...:coffee:
One of the main and overriding reasons I walked away from this particular site, was for the simple reason that (some) people were being abusive and even to the point of being just downright rude and totally disrespectful - to people they did not (nor were ever likely to) meet in person.

I found that this site was increasingly becoming populated by cowards (because they knew that they could hide behind a veil of secrecy) and bullies, who obviously could not hold their own, with intellectual discourse; without that ol' 'red mist' rising.

I even had one guy offering me out for fisticuffs and a showdown at the OK Corral - during the course of a political debate. Guess what...??? I took him up on his offer. Then guess what..??? We never did meet, in the end - 75% of the debaters took my side and he left, forever, the forum.

I used to love the days of some of the heavy (I'm sure you remember) hitters; for example: Koba69, Ghost and so on - even though we were at complete opposite ends of the political spectrum; we built up a mutual respect for each other - through debate, locially put together standpoints and dialogue.

The last straw, for me was...When I saw other teacher's ads on there - including mine: and other people writing completely uncalled for and snide comments, written in reply to those ads...A real (adult) Detski Cad...ever if there was one. And so I and, I suggest, a few other's walked away from posting on this website, once and for all in despair.

So...What am I coming to here...??? I have to agree with you - I've started to look at this website again with fresh eyes recently and I think that what you, and people like you have done is truly a remarkable job - giving it a fresh makeover and image.

Sorry for rambling...But I guess you successfully illicited my answer...:respect:

Bels
28-09-2009, 23:24
No rambling as I see it. You obviously have received genuine PM's such as I , I can guess. I am not one who can meet all as I have made clear due to my area. But I have always been truthfull. And so are the current members here. In fact many them have met togethether I know for sure , and I know who they are. I personally trust large posters and yet some smaller poster who occasionally PM me and then grow and continue as being members here on expat.ru. Yes you need some personal judgement of who is real and who isn't.

I have also received snide remarks from what I assume are my local competitors, generally I ignore as my guess is they are only jealous of my success and obviously feel a need to attack without identifying themselves. It is all part of of the world of being in a forum and of being seriously in business as your livelyhood for yourself and your family.

I hope you continue being a member of our team here, and to be as open as you wish, as I will certainly support you. And you are welcome to PM me if you have any problems of which you have experienced in the past. Believe me, we can sort problems better as a team rather than on our own.

Many thanks for your in-depth/enlightening reply.

In answer to what I think...??? First let me make a coffee...:coffee:
One of the main and overriding reasons I walked away from this particular site, was for the simple reason that (some) people were being abusive and even to the point of being just downright rude and totally disrespectful - to people they did not (nor were ever likely to) meet in person.

I found that this site was increasingly becoming populated by cowards (because they knew that they could hide behind a veil of secrecy) and bullies, who obviously could not hold their own, with intellectual discourse; without that ol' 'red mist' rising.

I even had one guy offering me out for fisticuffs and a showdown at the OK Corral - during the course of a political debate. Guess what...??? I took him up on his offer. Then guess what..??? We never did meet, in the end - 75% of the debaters took my side and he left, forever, the forum.

I used to love the days of some of the heavy (I'm sure you remember) hitters; for example: Koba69, Ghost and so on - even though we were at complete opposite ends of the political spectrum; we built up a mutual respect for each other - through debate, locially put together standpoints and dialogue.

And good luck on your business, as its hard work, and it takes experience and not only in the knowledge of teaching.

The last straw, for me was...When I saw other teacher's ads on there - including mine: and other people writing completely uncalled for and snide comments, written in reply to those ads...A real (adult) Detski Cad...ever if there was one. And so I and, I suggest, a few other's walked away from posting on this website, once and for all in despair.

So...What am I coming to here...??? I have to agree with you - I've started to look at this website again with fresh eyes recently and I think that what you, and people like you have done a remarkable job - giving it a fresh makeover and image.

Sorry for rambling...But I guess you successfully illicited my answer...:respect:

Bluebird
28-09-2009, 23:46
No rambling as I see it. You obviously have received genuine PM's such as I , I can guess. I am not one who can meet all as I have made clear due to my area. But I have always been truthfull. And so are the current members here. In fact many them have met togethether I know for sure , and I know who they are. I personally trust large posters and yet some smaller poster who occasionally PM me and then grow and continue as being members here on expat.ru. Yes you need some personal judgement of who is real and who isn't.

I have also received snide remarks from what I assume are my local competitors, generally I ignore as my guess is they are only jealous of my success and obviously feel a need to attack without identifying themselves. It is all part of of the world of being in a forum and of being seriously in business as your livelyhood for yourself and your family.

I hope you continue being a member of our team here, and to be as open as you wish, as I will certainly support you. And you are welcome to PM me if you have any problems of which you have experienced in the past. Believe me, we can sort problems better as a team rather than on our own.

I would consider it an absolute pleasure to meet you - I admire your work...And, by the way, I used to travel daily, from Tulskaya to Selaya-Uspenskaya...Not a problem for me in the slightest...

By the way - talking of this being a teacher's discussion folder and therefore...things to discuss, in the TEFL world here...

Can anyone shed some light as to who or what exactly "englishnow" is/are?

I've seen a couple of ads, requesting teacher's and the like, for "elite" families.

However, it is not clear if this is an agency or a one-man band, which I feel is not quite cricket - the person(s) placing such ads should be (out of mere courtesy) a little more forthcoming as to who exactly they are and the services/conditions of employment they are offering, if they are in deed an agency?

And if it is a (ligit) agency...??? Where's their website address...??? And why are they not offering their services in the correct "Vacancies" section like the other agencies are?

Just an observation...:bookworm:

Bels
28-09-2009, 23:49
I think it's now very difficult for a reguloar member to be under total secrecy. If they are they are eventually sussed and not taken taken seriously. Of course you don't give every detail about yourself on public forum. But at the same time you should be read as genuine. To be honest wth you thenmajority of the larger posters here do now appear to be genuine, and this will be backed up if you receive PM's supporting you in your recent posts. Of which I hope so.

Bels
28-09-2009, 23:58
I would consider it an absolute pleasure to meet you - I admire your work...And, by the way, I used to travel daily, from Tulskaya to Selaya-Uspenskaya...Not a problem for me in the slightest...

By the way - talking of this being a teacher's discussion folder and therefore...things to discuss, in the TEFL world here...

Can anyone shed some light as to who or what exactly "englishnow" is/are?

I've seen a couple of ads, requesting teacher's and the like, for "elite" families.

However, it is not clear if this is an agency or a one-man band, which I feel is not quite cricket - the person(s) placing such ads should be (out of mere courtesy) a little more forthcoming as to who exactly they are and the services/conditions of employment they are offering, if they are in deed an agency?

And if it is a (ligit) agency...??? Where's their website address...??? And why are they not offering their services in the correct "Vacancies" section like the other agencies are?

Just an observation...:bookworm:

T be honest although I have seen Englishnow on this forum I am not sure what they are about. I am fully aware that there are a number of expensive competitors of mine in the Rublevo area, and some new ones appear to pop up and then disappear.

Problem is that in the Rublevo area it is very expensive to set up business, and dreadful with redtape, being much worse than Moscow mainstream. They then don't realise that although Rubleva has many wealthy Oligarchs, first of all they won;t be fulled and need to know of you, and secondly the population is small in comparison to mainstream Moscow, so there can only be a few of us to meet the demand. But unfortunately many still pour into this area and true, rather than just simply concentrate in the massive population of Moscow, where redtape is easier.

Anna Lazutkina
30-09-2009, 00:09
Bluebird, I have an offer that might be interesting. Check your PM.

Bels
02-10-2009, 14:14
And who are you? Welcome to the teacher's discussion folder on expat.ru. An introduction in the introduction section would be appreciated. Get your five posts and you may be allowed to advertise here. Teachers are wary of John Doe.

Anna Lazutkina
06-10-2009, 23:52
I represent a small (relatively) but tasteful school of English, history and literature. We teach children aged 7-16. I'm not sure if I am allowed to give the name of the school in this fodler, or it will be regarded as advertising. We never advertise for students anyway, preaching the policy that no publicity is the best publicity for our purposes, which is to attract the right clientelle from among the old-school intelligentsia, people who value solid education. On the contrary, we have very bad time trying to find and employ teachers who would not be interested just in the remuneration (which, in our case, is decent), but would become staunch bearers of the concept and, eventually, our loyal friends.

Bels
07-10-2009, 19:17
I like it . Welcome to the site as a member of expat.ru