PDA

View Full Version : Top 100

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 15:05
Hey, I made into the top 100 posters. I must get a prize for it. What is it?
- Biting my fingernails in anticipation.

Bels
27-09-2009, 16:25
I got a free haircut :)

OlgaT
27-09-2009, 16:28
Hey, I made into the top 100 posters. I must get a prize for it. What is it?

Congratulations! You are receiving a special award - an opportunity to be in the top of 10 posters! Good luck! :applause:

Viola
27-09-2009, 16:28
I got a free haircut :)

By one of moderators or admins :)?

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 16:30
I want something material, and I want it right now!

Bels
27-09-2009, 16:50
By one of moderators or admins :)?

I think the current moderators were competitive members at the time:) Ask clean32 and Judge got. I got 3rd prize, it was the Summer and I was teaching TEFL near Oxford at the time. I was late at the starting line, so got third prize:( Moscow is too far away away for me to get a haircut.

Bels
28-09-2009, 22:35
It would be fantastic if somebody could create an updated list of the top 100. And a calculation of how they got there. We do know that for example that there are non active members within the top ten for example of whom we don't even know there names. One we do know of is for example DJ Buiscit for example Excuse the spelling if it's wrong.

A very strong suggestion I would make is that for example, those members who are not active over a period of six months should be excluded from the status count. They will have to start all over again at 4'000 for example Perhaps there should be a cleanup and more detailed info of who we are. The accuracy on how it is calculated is unclear, as it should not only be on post counts but on other calculations of which it is I am sure. We must all be aware of how it really is calculated.

This is very important. Because as you can see there are members who are currently most prominent in expat.ru who are must really feel they are not moving up, yet they really are prominent now, they have increased their post counts, and they well have had received many thanks. But for some reason they are not moving up.

I think the main issue is knowing how it is all calculated , and who are the ones in the top 100 for example. We need this kind of knowledge as we don't know.

GaNozri
29-09-2009, 12:18
What's the incentive to move up, when our cries for prizes fall on deaf ears?
I'm upset. I'll just go get myself a prize, since noone cares!:11513:

Viola
29-09-2009, 12:25
What's the incentive to move up, when our cries for prizes fall on deaf ears?
I'm upset. I'll just go get myself a prize, since noone cares!:11513:

GaNozri, my heart's bleeding seeing you suffer :)
May this help?

GaNozri
29-09-2009, 12:42
Thanks Viola, that's exactly what I had in mind! Somehow, today the Horilka and salo appeals to me more than vodka and caviar. I am off to perekriostok for Nemiroff and to my neighbour's for salo. Talk to you all tommorrow!

OlgaT
30-09-2009, 00:05
You want to say that Horilka is not vodka?

By the way, I also want a prize... besides my tequila of course. :farout:

Bels
01-10-2009, 23:03
Let's have a guess. The owners of expat.ru want a competition in the forum when it is sleepy, when they find that the admin and mods are talking to themselves and then discover they don't have any members.

But now that there are lots of people going to introduction they might think that this is ok. But unfortunately many of these members need encouragement to fight for something, to gain a prize, to win. And all of this will make expat.ru massive and the biggest.

But maybe expat.ru are complacent. Of course they are already the biggest for expats in Russia. Of course they are and there is nodoubt about it. But they could be much bigger. They could be the biggest of all in regards to all expat forums in the world, by those joining simply with the interest of thinking about it. And what do we request from them? Simply to show interest and discuss. Get knowledge here? Well of course expat.ru is the most knowledgeable, if we cant solve a problem here, no other forum can do it.

So back to competitions. Admin should think seriously about this, perhaps another open discussion thread to start with. What if for example this forum was 100 times bigger in regular posting than it is now? Would that be an advantage for your forum? Is it money making? It will most certainly be prestige for you to be the biggest in the world. And I think that this can happen here even though we are only talking about Russia.

So open a thread of how we can build up expat.ru. And will it be be beneficial for us to grow with a vastly increased membership. Of course the problem must be sorted that newbies don't lose advantage from the beginning. Of course it's a difficult job to do. TD could do it I think.

OlgaT
13-10-2009, 22:06
By accident, I've just found two interesting sites which track all forums (don't know, may be everybody knows that, I am just a little slow). Among other information you can see there who the top authors of the week are. ;)
(Am not sure if I can post this link).

boardreader.com (http://boardreader.com/sp/The_Moscow_Expat_Forums_Moscow_13877.html)

tvadim133
13-10-2009, 23:14
By accident, I've just found two interesting sites which track all forums (don't know, may be everybody knows that, I am just a little slow). Among other information you can see there who the top authors of the week are. ;)
(Am not sure if I can post this link).

boardreader.com (http://boardreader.com/sp/The_Moscow_Expat_Forums_Moscow_13877.html)

there are some of them really. It will be very usefull for marketing men to realize in what forums, what target audience (and how many customers) can be for promoting this or that product.

Thanks a lot, OlgaT (or may be just Olga (I guess that T. is the first letter of your second name)?)

OlgaT
13-10-2009, 23:27
Yes, I think marketing men use such sites very often.

You are right, T is the first letter of my last name, I am simply Olga. (As you might remember one Mexican soap opera "Simply Maria" ;)).