PDA

View Full Version : Help to get Russian DL. Registered, real.

helpdrivlic
27-09-2009, 09:26
Hi,

I can help to get registered Russian DL for foreigners who have already a national DL from their country.

You need a notarized translation (made by a Moscow notary) of your DL, a copy of your residence permit if you have the VNJ, of your passport with RVP stamp if you have the RVP, of your passport and WP if you have WP. Also a copy of your registration (Stamped in the passport, RVP or VNJ).
You will also need a medical spravka (cost is about 2000/3000 rub) that attests that you are able to drive.
And a photo 3.5 x 4.5

With all this you will receive your Russian DL, IN THE NORMAL PLACE (GAI for foreigners), like a "normal" user. No hidden meeting in the metro or at street corners :) The process takes about 10 days after you submit the documents. More details by email: Write your email address in PM.

The DL will be valid until your residence permit expires. If you renew your RP (or upgrade RVP to VNJ for example), you renew your DL without anything to pay of course (or just the GAI fee, a few rubles).

The price is 40.000 rub. Discounts for grouped orders.

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 14:36
Hi,

I can help to get registered Russian DL for foreigners who have already a national DL from their country.

You need a notarized translation (made by a Moscow notary) of your DL, a copy of your residence permit if you have the VNJ, of your passport with RVP stamp if you have the RVP, of your passport and WP if you have WP. Also a copy of your registration (Stamped in the passport, RVP or VNJ).
You will also need a medical spravka (cost is about 2000/3000 rub) that attests that you are able to drive.
And a photo 3.5 x 4.5

With all this you will receive your Russian DL, IN THE NORMAL PLACE (GAI for foreigners), like a "normal" user. No hidden meeting in the metro or at street corners :) The process takes about 10 days after you submit the documents. More details by email: Write your email address in PM.

The DL will be valid until your residence permit expires. If you renew your RP (or upgrade RVP to VNJ for example), you renew your DL without anything to pay of course (or just the GAI fee, a few rubles).

The price is 40.000 rub. Discounts for grouped orders.

Dude! For 40,000 rub., I will have a GIBDD Colonel deliver the DL to your apartment, no national DL necessary. In reality, all you need is a medical spravka 1000-1500rub if you don't want to see any doctors, or 200rub. if you actually go for the tests, a photo, and pass a written test at the GAI, which costs less than 1000 rubles. See, this may be a place to stick it to gullable, naive foreigners, but thankfully, one of the purposes of this forum is to avoid being taken for a lokh..

Bels
27-09-2009, 15:40
Looks like you will already need to have a driving license. So what's wrong with an international driving, British or American for example. And to then have it translated to assist baffled Russian police in reading it.

Bels
27-09-2009, 15:42
And what an introduction. Straight in with ad without even an introduction. Now how trusworthy can that be?

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 15:55
Looks like you will already need to have a driving license. So what's wrong with an international driving, British or American for example. And to then have it translated to assist baffled Russian police in reading it.

Exactly! I've been driving with a NJ DL for over 5 years now, without any problems. There's supposed to be a 4 month limit, after which (if you live in the RF permanently) you're supposed to get a Russian DL. But who's to say how long I've been here? Definitely not the GAI bufoon! I tell them, that I travel back and forth on a monthly basis (true to an extend), and don't have the time or desire to take their stupid test. I also have a printout of the Geneva convention to which Russia is signatory, which clearly states that foreign DLs are to be honoured (with atranslation) in Russia.

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 15:56
And what an introduction. Straight in with ad without even an introduction. Now how trusworthy can that be?

His intentions are clear by looking at his username. Probably some GAI lieutenant, who thinks that he deserves yet another income stream, since he is too smart to be making ALL of his money from extortions, because he happens to know some English.

Bels
27-09-2009, 16:18
Very observant Ganozri. His name says it all, his intentions are clear, that he has no intentions of becoming part of the expat member community here.

vodnistadion
27-09-2009, 17:00
Dude! For 40,000 rub., I will have a GIBDD Colonel deliver the DL to your apartment, no national DL necessary. In reality, all you need is a medical spravka 1000-1500rub if you don't want to see any doctors, or 200rub. if you actually go for the tests, a photo, and pass a written test at the GAI, which costs less than 1000 rubles. See, this may be a place to stick it to gullable, naive foreigners, but thankfully, one of the purposes of this forum is to avoid being taken for a lokh..

It is not that simple: Most guys on this forum are simply unable to pass the test just because they won't understand the questions as they don't speak Russian enough.
(The test is not WRITTEN but on computer, by the way)

About the GIBDD colonel etc, that is craps as it is NOW "quite" impossible to have DL like before. Especially when it concerns foreigners as there is a special process for their DL registration.

Now sure it is overpriced. But FYI, CIS citizens pays about 15000 to have their DL, if they have already a national one... And they have to go and pass the test, they "just" receive some "assistance" to reply correctly to the questions...
15k for CIS, 40k for Western? hum...?!

MickeyTong
27-09-2009, 17:06
...........just take the Metro....

vodnistadion
27-09-2009, 17:07
Exactly! I've been driving with a NJ DL for over 5 years now, without any problems. There's supposed to be a 4 month limit, after which (if you live in the RF permanently) you're supposed to get a Russian DL. But who's to say how long I've been here? Definitely not the GAI bufoon! I tell them, that I travel back and forth on a monthly basis (true to an extend), and don't have the time or desire to take their stupid test. I also have a printout of the Geneva convention to which Russia is signatory, which clearly states that foreign DLs are to be honoured (with atranslation) in Russia.

If you have a big mouth and can argue with the GAI, no problem sure (Though I won't believe that you never gave bribes in this situation!)

Anyway is it the case for most of people on this forum? For them, showing a national (or/and international) DL is the good way for bribes!

LOL I am sure the 40k can be reduced to 15 or 20, and this would be finally a good deal if the documents come from the right place as the guy says!

vodnistadion
27-09-2009, 17:08
...........just take the Metro....

Good reply :trampoline:

The big mouths will then argue with the cops because their visa isn't registered! No time, for sure, stupid process, etc. I love people that speak so much and would like to see them in some situation :)

Bels
27-09-2009, 17:14
If you have a big mouth and can argue with the GAI, no problem sure (Though I won't believe that you never gave bribes in this situation!)

Anyway is it the case for most of people on this forum? For them, showing a national (or/and international) DL is the good way for bribes!

LOL I am sure the 40k can be reduced to 15 or 20, and this would be finally a good deal if the documents come from the right place as the guy says!

Is the international driving license not legal in Russia???

MickeyTong
27-09-2009, 17:17
The big mouths will then argue with the cops...

In any country, only stupid people argue with cops.

Unless you really do have a powerful connection: "I play squash with Captain XYZ. I'll phone him now and tell him what a c**t you are"

Bels
27-09-2009, 17:18
Good reply :trampoline:

The big mouths will then argue with the cops because their visa isn't registered! No time, for sure, stupid process, etc. I love people that speak so much and would like to see them in some situation :)

Strong word of advice. Have all documents legal with you at all times, including your international driving licese with transation for the dumb cops. Give them them the documents they ask for and say NYE Paneemayo, Angleechanon! If they keep babbling say Nye panemayo! Brittania consulate??
And give themm a card with contact of the British consulate.

Bels
27-09-2009, 17:23
In any country, only stupid people argue with cops.

Unless you really do have a powerful connection: "I play squash with Captain XYZ. I'll phone him now and tell him what a c**t you are"

Cops in Russia are not the same as cops in Britain. Cops in Russia seek bribes to enhance their lousy income.

Now are there any foriegners out there going to ask us what a cop is? :) Acop is a Bobby, a peeler, and some call them pigs :) There are a few few more nemes. Some of the names have historical facts about police.

SV1973a
27-09-2009, 17:25
I also have a printout of the Geneva convention to which Russia is signatory, which clearly states that foreign DLs are to be honoured (with atranslation) in Russia.

Could you tell us where we can find this Geneva convention?
I always thought this convention was about the treatment of prisoners of war :)

vodnistadion
27-09-2009, 17:33
Is the international driving license not legal in Russia???

The law says that a Russian DL is requested for anybody in Russia (even going outside Russia every week!), if they are more than 60 (or 120, not sure) days in the country.

Until recently GAI cops were not allowed to ask your passport/visa etc, now they are allowed to. And so unless they are blind, they can easily check how long their... client (!) is in Russia!

So go and explain them that the law is stupid, the tests are stupid, you are too busy to pass them, that in your country it is better, etc etc. You will be their best "client" of the day!

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 17:35
It is not that simple: Most guys on this forum are simply unable to pass the test just because they won't understand the questions as they don't speak Russian enough.
(The test is not WRITTEN but on computer, by the way)

About the GIBDD colonel etc, that is craps as it is NOW "quite" impossible to have DL like before. Especially when it concerns foreigners as there is a special process for their DL registration.

Now sure it is overpriced. But FYI, CIS citizens pays about 15000 to have their DL, if they have already a national one... And they have to go and pass the test, they "just" receive some "assistance" to reply correctly to the questions...
15k for CIS, 40k for Western? hum...?!

My friend just gave his new GF a RAV4 AND a DL for her Bday. So don't gimme that crap that now (all of a sudden) it's impossible to buy a DL. Like someone shook a magic wand and GAI is now honest. What gave you that idea? The new Moscow OVD chief? Paliese! And yes the computer test is quite difficult to pass even for a native russian speaker, but it costs between 5 to 10,000 brubles (depending on the GAI) to pass the test. They sit you by a computer and tell you to press any keys, and voila - you've just passed the test. Having said that, please feel free to pay 40K if that makes you feel more comfortable.

And NO, i've never paid 1 kopek because of my DL in 5 years.

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 17:38
Until recently GAI cops were not allowed to ask your passport/visa etc, now they are allowed to. And so unless they are blind, they can easily check how long their... client (!) is in Russia!

Please substantiate. I believe the DPS are still not allowed to ask for passport/registration. Please prove me wrong.

Bels
27-09-2009, 17:39

I feel so dumb also, as although I like knowledge as and when I need, and that's it. I have never read the Geneva jrbk.bycrb and don't think I want to unless I have a need to. Call it businessmans' need to kbow basis.

But what I do know is that the Geneva convention covered many factors. One I have readily accepted is that many countries have agreed to have certain documents recognised and legalised to recognised as truly authentic.

But because there is much more involved , and probably very boring yr us ordinary citizens accept info on a need to know basis.

Therefore Ganozri might well be right, and looking at his previous posts and his preference of subject, he probably is correct

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 17:43

It is the booklet that comes with a US International DL, in a dozen languages. It's in my car, so as soon as I get to my car and back, I promise to quote it for you.

Bels
27-09-2009, 17:49
Please substantiate. I believe the DPS are still not allowed to ask for passport/registration. Please prove me wrong.

The proof will be with many members here. Although I have never been asked for any documents in my meetings with police here, I have observed them asking for passorts and their studying of the back of the passport. I don't know why they never ask me. Locally of course they know of me. One asked for a joke I think, and I invited him to nearby home as I didn't have it with me, He said something like Davi! Davi!. Another day was in Moledosniya Moscow, where I was drinking a bottle of beer in a hot Summers' day, and I was asked to put the beer in my pocket due to new laws. I didn't understand and a nearby person translated for me. So that's what I did and the nearby person was asked for his documents, and I was told Davi!

GaNozri
27-09-2009, 17:53
They can ask for whatever they want, but do they have the right to? I know people that get suckered into paying 1000 rubles on a weekly basis for infractions that warrant a 100ruble fine, if that. Some people will give the cops whatever they ask for. Why they do it, beats me.

IGIT
28-09-2009, 13:07
Not that I have much to contribute but I'm loving this topic. :ninja:
GaNozri is the man. :-)

tgma
28-09-2009, 18:12
I just want to add that I did the driving test, and it's not that difficult - yes, you need Russian, and yes, you need to do a bit of work, but (a) if you are going to drive here, you will probably run into a fair number of situations where you need to speak the language and (b) it's generally not a bad idea to know the laws of the land in which you live. I think it's fairly standard that in other countries you have to pass a written test in order to convert your foreign license, and it makes a great deal of sense, in my opinion.

Bottom line; you have no business whining about the lawlessness of Russia if you're not prepared to obey the laws yourself, at least up until the point when everyone, including the forces of law and order, are mocking the law.

vodnistadion
07-10-2009, 13:39
Well! I showed this thread to a friend of mine (from Europe) just when it was posted and he decided to contact the poster as he wanted to convert his EU license into a Russian one. Finally he invited me yesterday evening to have a drink to celebrate his new Russian license.
He hardly discussed the price and got the stuff at 20k. He got the document by the guys in the place, it is registered etc. It went quickly as he had just to supply a translated copy of his original DL. He went yesterday to the place with the guy, and went out an hour later with the document. Funny, his license is good for 10 years, as for Russians! They didn't care of the validity of his residency permit.

So, it works, the posted price is of course outrageous but can be discussed. And more important, it works! Now, IMO it is better to learn and get the exam normally, though it IS difficult...