PDA

View Full Version : Some recent changes in FBI criminal background check

Bogatyr
25-09-2009, 23:26
I'm sending away for my FBI background check today, and found this on the FBI page http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm:

Method of payment: personal checks now not accepted

Include $ 18 - U.S. dollars in the form of a money order, certified check made payable to the Treasury of the United States (please be sure to sign where required), or you may pay by credit card. Note: No cash, personal checks, or business checks will be accepted.

Fingerprint card NOT returned:

What You Will Receive

1. No Record Response. As of 8/17/09, fingerprint cards are no longer being returned. Due to concerns related to the protection of Personally Identifiable Information, the process has been changed to return a letter which states "no FBI arrest was found". Any question regarding this matter should be directed to the Customer Service Group at 304-625-5590.
2. FBI Identification Record. As of 7/7/09, fingerprint cards are no longer being returned with the FBI Identification Record.

Great, just great, a new response form that FSB probably will never have seen before :(.

Bels
26-09-2009, 00:09
As a Brit but has great interest in all nationalities getting their TRP. What it all about this fingerprint issue. First of all the FMS simply want a statement that they have no criminal records on their database.That's all they want to see. If there are any minor cases it is likely they won't be concerned. Fingerprints keep coming up in USA, but they really are of no concern, just a simple statement that they have no criminal records of this person in their database. That's it and nothing else!!!!

Fingerprints will come later at the end, with the Russian government. Methods of payment!! Well I am lost!! You have to do the best you can. In England it appears government only like cheques, but no cards. Different countries, different ways.

I'm sending away for my FBI background check today, and found this on the FBI page http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm:

Method of payment: personal checks now not accepted

Fingerprint card NOT returned:

Great, just great, a new response form that FSB probably will never have seen before :(.

Bogatyr
26-09-2009, 02:46
As a Brit but has great interest in all nationalities getting their TRP. What it all about this fingerprint issue. First of all the FMS simply want a statement that they have no criminal records on their database.That's all they want to see. If there are any minor cases it is likely they won't be concerned. Fingerprints keep coming up in USA, but they really are of no concern, just a simple statement that they have no criminal records of this person in their database. That's it and nothing else!!!!

Fingerprints will come later at the end, with the Russian government. Methods of payment!! Well I am lost!! You have to do the best you can. In England it appears government only like cheques, but no cards. Different countries, different ways.

I certainly hope no one cares. I'm concerned about encountering a FMS person who says "I've done a bunch of these for US citizens, and this [new form] is *not* what the FBI issues [because it just very recently changed] so I'm not accepting it".