PDA

View Full Version : Akado on facebook

JeffK
24-09-2009, 12:32
I got tired of AKADO and the bs. So I decided that AKADO customers need a place to vent. Perhaps the company will take notice. (likely they won't) Even if they don't perhaps the group will offer insight to subscribers or hopefully turn potential subscribers away from a company who doesn't care about it's customers.

Join up, say your piece, good or more than likely bad.

Login | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8104892&ref=mf)

With facebook having numbers making it equivalent to the 6th largest country in the world, it can't hurt to get the word out there.

Adieu
29-09-2009, 00:48
So utterly, utterly horrible... Also, is it just me, or do they cut your bandwidth down to near-nil for foreign IPs after an undisclosed amount of foreign traffic?

JeffK
30-09-2009, 22:38
It isn't just you, it is in the VERY small print in the TOS. They have the right to limit your service to 128/128 if you go over 60gb (I think this was the number) in a month. I have found a few alternatives. I signed up for this Yota service, but they have no drivers for the Mac on snow leopard yet, soooo. I am on vacation now, but when I am back, unless someone on here says otherwise and strongly, I am signing up for Corbina. They have a network cable in my building and they can't suck worse than Roman Akadovich's service.

FatAndy
01-10-2009, 11:09
2 JeffK
they have no drivers for the Mac on snow leopard yet, soooo. - I don't know about SL itself, but there are some links for MacOS:
Yota MacOS*- Яндекс: наˆлосŒ 86*‚‹с. с‚€ани† (http://yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=Yota+MacOS&yasoft=ie&clid=27132&lr=1)

Regarding Facebook idea - IMHO it useless, because of too smal qty of expats in Russia, while every Mocsow's child knows that Akado is BS and can tell it to any foreigner who tries to mention this ISP.

JeffK
01-10-2009, 20:04
Thanks for the google search, but I tried that. They promise SL drivers "soon", but nothing yet.

As for Facebook, if it saves one person........

Akado was OK for the last 5 years for me. For the 3 years before that I had dial-up and that was painful. Perhaps because everything worked fine and I didn't need to call them. But that, imho is a perfect ISP, one who's name you forget.

Cheers

legspreader
02-10-2009, 17:36
It isn't just you, it is in the VERY small print in the TOS. They have the right to limit your service to 128/128 if you go over 60gb (I think this was the number) in a month. I have found a few alternatives. I signed up for this Yota service, but they have no drivers for the Mac on snow leopard yet, soooo. I am on vacation now, but when I am back, unless someone on here says otherwise and strongly, I am signing up for Corbina. They have a network cable in my building and they can't suck worse than Roman Akadovich's service.

sadly yota might have the same fine print. as my new service has gone from blazing to crawling...