PDA

View Full Version : Official Dummies guide for Canadians to legalise documents

Bels
23-09-2009, 23:50
Hello all Canadians. Have any of you gone for temporarary residency or have been married to a Russian citizen. Then you will know what I mean about getting certain documents legalised.

What is the simplest way to get you documents legalised or appostilled depending on the word you use in your country. Do you have a government dept such as ministry of Foriegn affairs where they do such things. If not Do Canadians need to use an agency or lawyers to do it for them? If so. Who are they? PLEASE! We need a Canadian with experience, so we can give you credit to make this a very important sticky, along with the Brits and US citizens.

A similar sticky new thread for Australians would also be fantastic, even better a Dummies guide for Australians in getting police and getting it legalised would be even better, as that would cover everything.

An oppurtunity for credibility to someone who does this, and three cheers from me.

LarrySobel
27-01-2010, 18:43
where can i authorize my canadian documents?

Bels
27-01-2010, 21:32
where can i authorize my canadian documents?

A major problem due to Canada not signing the Schengen agreement. I have been informed many times that all who come from countries who haven't signed the Schengen agreement can go to the Russian Ministrie for Foriegn Affairs. Does anyone have links and contacts for there.

If in doubt, ask your local FMS, as they are the ones advising. Always make it the first move to visit your local FMS office and get your application forms and guidance.

LarrySobel
31-01-2010, 17:01
yes sure, i did that....

they said canadians Must go back to canada to take care of it, they also said, they cant provide information what to do, they don't know...

ANYONE, got ANY idea????

SV1973a
31-01-2010, 17:06
Hi Bels, the Schengen agreement is about border controls at the outside border of the EU only.
The UK is one of the few EU members that did NOT sign this agreement

What you are talking about is the Convention of The Hague, that is about apostilles. Canada did not sign this convention, so that is why their citizenships have problems with legalisation of documents.
For all those countries that signed the convention, the apostille stamps are in use.

Bels
31-01-2010, 19:40
Sorry you are correct. \i got muddled. Yes we are talking about the Hague convention. But I still stand from advice given to me that those countries who are not agreable with the Hague can get sorted out here With the ministry of Foriegn Affairs.

Hi Bels, the Schengen agreement is about border controls at the outside border of the EU only.
The UK is one of the few EU members that did NOT sign this agreement

What you are talking about is the Convention of The Hague, that is about apostilles. Canada did not sign this convention, so that is why their citizenships have problems with legalisation of documents.
For all those countries that signed the convention, the apostille stamps are in use.